Leeds v Charlton - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
gessa

Re: Leeds v Charlton - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by gessa »

Guildford White wrote:So close, I predicted 1-1 with Ross scoring.

If only he could take a penalty .........
It's got to be at least 3 he's missed this season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

OK...we appear to be employing volleyball tactics whereby we rotate the players one position every week...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

faaip wrote:OK...we appear to be employing volleyball tactics whereby we rotate the players one position every week...
We are a F***ing joke, I didn't think we could possibly get any lower after Rochdale and Wendies, any half decent team would have put six past us tonight.Charlton were awful and we were worse !!!!!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Shortest EVER post game manager interview tonight. Eddie has so much contempt for McD, it is painful to listen to.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote:OK...we appear to be employing volleyball tactics whereby we rotate the players one position every week...
Ha ha, thanks Faaip, I needed a laugh
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:FFS Ross !

you have given up as well?

:( :duno:
Good stop, that. Still a bit of a soft penalty.

By the sounds of it it would have been glossing over a terrible performance if we had even got a point...

No idea how we can turn this slump around, especially seeing as McDermott seems happy to continue to blame off-field problems rather than motivate/pick the team better!
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

No matter how bad things get, I cannot ever boo the team or individual players. I believe that to be self defeating, because the players are not going to get better if they are under that kind of pressure, it's confidence which produces the best performances.

Now I hear that some 'fans' have taken to sending abusive tweets to Ross McCormack's missus! What a cowardly reaction to a poor run of games, there are some real heroes out there!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Drs.Dad wrote:No matter how bad things get, I cannot ever boo the team or individual players. I believe that to be self defeating, because the players are not going to get better if they are under that kind of pressure, it's confidence which produces the best performances.

Now I hear that some 'fans' have taken to sending abusive tweets to Ross McCormack's missus! What a cowardly reaction to a poor run of games, there are some real heroes out there!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Booing them while their playing i think is self-defeating, though booing them after the game is done i find perfectly fine, at least the way they've been playing recently.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Why did McDermott make one change v Donny after our battering at Bournemouth ?

Why did he not start with the same team that finished the second half in the Donny game ?

Why did he take off 6' 7" striker Matt Smith who has scored 10 goals for a player who is on zero & will probably never score for LUFC if he played every game until the end of the season, makes real sense especially as the Charlton defenders were tall lads. They must have been mighty relieved when they returned onto pitch after the half-time break to find the big fella had gone :roll: lost a massive option of putting the ball in the air when we needed to be more direct !

Why did Stewart not play one minute of the 90 mins after his best performance in a Leeds shirt v Donny

Why did he prefer the inept Poleon to Stewart when making substitutions

Why did he play Wootton at RB

These type of questions are asked of BM at practically every game, most fans are totally baffled

I reckon he has a bag of names, shakes the bag, throw the names up in the air & bingo we have a team for the next match

Butland - 6
Wootton - 2
Lees - 4
Pearce - 5
Warnock - 5
Byram - 5
Mowatt - 2
Tonge - 5
White - 2
Smith - 5
McCormack - 5

Hunt - 4
Poleon - 1
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:Why did McDermott make one change v Donny after our battering at Bournemouth ?

Why did he not start with the same team that finished the second half in the Donny game ?

Why did he take off 6' 7" striker Matt Smith who has scored 10 goals for a player who is on zero & will probably never score for LUFC if he played every game until the end of the season, makes real sense especially as the Charlton defenders were tall lads. They must have been mighty relieved when they returned onto pitch after the half-time break to find the big fella had gone :roll:

Why did Stewart not play one minute of the 90 mins after his best performance in a Leeds shirt v Donny

Why did he prefer the inept Poleon to Stewart when making substitutions

Why did he play Wootton at RB

These type of questions are asked of BM at practically every game, most fans are totally baffled

I reckon he has a bag of names, shakes the bag, throw the names up in the air & bingo we have a team for the next match

Butland - 6
Wootton - 2
Lees - 4
Pearce - 5
Warnock - 5
Byram - 5
Mowatt - 2
Tonge - 5
White - 2
Smith - 5
McCormack - 5

Hunt - 4
Poleon - 1
I know the scoreline at Bournemouth was bad but as I have quoted at times we did not play bad at all how do I know I WAS THERE.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: I know the scoreline at Bournemouth was bad but as I have quoted at times we did not play bad at all how do I know I WAS THERE.
I know two fans who were there & they said we were shocking as did Kirwin & Gray

All a matter of opinion i suppose !
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Genghers wrote: Good stop, that. Still a bit of a soft penalty.

By the sounds of it it would have been glossing over a terrible performance if we had even got a point...

No idea how we can turn this slump around, especially seeing as McDermott seems happy to continue to blame off-field problems rather than motivate/pick the team better!

Heard there were chants at full time of "LEEDS UNITED FIASCO" - to the Calypso chant? Says it all... :roll:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Why did he take off 6' 7" striker Matt Smith who has scored 10 goals for a player who is on zero & will probably never score for LUFC if he played every game until the end of the season, makes real sense especially as the Charlton defenders were tall lads. They must have been mighty relieved when they returned onto pitch after the half-time break to find the big fella had gone :roll: lost a massive option of putting the ball in the air when we needed to be more direct !
Phil Hay on twitter said Smith had picked up an injury in the first half. For all we know Stewart was also struggling with injury.

You can't blame McDermott for injuries, they are part and parcel of the game.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

That's odd because McDermott said in his post-match interview that he brought Hunt in place of Smith for tactical reasons.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

HarryofOz wrote:That's odd because McDermott said in his post-match interview that he brought Hunt in place of Smith for tactical reasons.
Ok, I hadn't heard that. Well that probably was a poor decision then...
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Genghers wrote: Ok, I hadn't heard that. Well that probably was a poor decision then...
Who knows, McDermott said he thought Hunt would give us more mobility upfront. To be honest I don't think McDermott knows what his strongest line-up is, because nothing he tries seems to work.