Leeds v Millwall - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Millwall - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

A must win game v 4th bottom Millwall, no guarantees of three points on current form.....keep a clean sheet :lol: and we have a chance of winning the game

My team......no chance of McD picking & trying this team

Butland

Lees Peltier Pearce Warnock

Byram Brown Murphy Mowatt

Wickham Smith
mav
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by mav »

first game of the season for me, so we are bound to be terrible.

-------------Butland------------------

Byram - Peltier - Pierce - Warnock

-------------Rudi-------------------

---Murphy--Mowatt--Pugh-------

---------Ross--Wicham-----------

Would require Byram and Warnock to supply width and Murphy and Mowatt to carve chances out with passing, while Ross would need to drift out wide at times to pull the defence around.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:first game of the season for me, so we are bound to be terrible
Lets hope Leeds put a decent performance for you & all the fans

Enjoy the game Mav :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Butland

Byram, Peltier, Pearce, Warnock

Zal

Mowatt, Murphy , Tonge, Kebe

Wickham.

Smith, McCormack, Brown, Austin, Cairns, plus 2
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Butland

Byram, Peltier, Pearce, Warnock

Zal

Mowatt, Murphy , Tonge, Kebe

Wickham.

Smith, McCormack, Brown, Austin, Cairns, plus 2
That's two of us prepared to rest the undroppables

Unfortunately McDermott is not brave or bold enough.....predictable he is as he starts with his favourites once again

Peltier at CB too :tup:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

----------------Butland--------------------
Peltier--Zaliukas --- Pearce--Warnock-
---------Murphy-------Brown-------------
-----Byram-----Ross----Mowatt---------
----------------Wickham------------------

Can be more of a physical battle with Millwall hence the more experienced defence selection and Brown in midfield. Murphy as a deep lying midfielder to distribute the ball up to Byram, Ross and Mowatt.

Whilst 2 up front would suit our strikers, its hard to make it work without natural wingers. 4-2-3-1 suits are full backs (or is it wing backs in this modern world?) and it seems Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all favour the formation so there must be some merit.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I think Smith deserves a start. Smith and Wickham up front, with Ross playing behind them. And hate to say it, but this is a tailor-made start for Brown.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Crude wrote:I think Smith deserves a start. Smith and Wickham up front, with Ross playing behind them. And hate to say it, but this is a tailor-made start for Brown.
again 442 will fail more than succeed in this division, it's outdated. Especially for us as we don't have a midfield 3 that can compensate...it ends up in the long ball game and I'm not sure we have the players for that either. we're best suited for a 451..problem with that is we'd have to leave 2 of Ross Conner or Matt on the bench...and that could never be allowed...vicious circle
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

GK Butland/Kenny - either is fine no real preference. If Butland is set to join us then would want him to start. If Kenny is set to be next season's no.1 keeper and is fit then would play him
LB Pugh/Warnock - left back needed in the summer or hopefully Charlie Taylor can be the answer
RB Byram - auto choice. Peltier isn't good enough going forward, Byram has struggled but is the future so let's play him so he can get back to his best - only play Peltier if Byram is injured
CB - Pearce - auto choice has been our best defender
CB Lees/Wootton, Zaliukas - not fussed which one playes, none seem to be good enough. If Zaliukas has his head right he would be the auto pick
DM Austin/Brown - Would personally go for Austin as he has more energy and Brown is not getting any younger. Ideal scenario is Austin being the link between defence and midfield and getting the ball to our more creative midfielders. Barring any of the youth side being able to step in and play the role we don't really have any other 'better' options.
CM Murphy - auto choice
CM Mowatt - auto choice. Whilst perhaps not yet reaching the levels that certain forum posters suggested he would reach he is the future of the club so keep playing him and let's see if he can reach the levels suggested.
FW Whickham - auto choice. Happy to see Conor as the left of centre striker when we are attacking and a winger when we are defending. Having 3 strikers playing centrally allows one to push out when the ball is going down their wing and still leaves us 2 in the middle to get on the end of crosses.
FW Smith - auto choice. Central of the 3 so that he will always be in the box for crosses. Can drop into midfield for goal kicks etc to win flick ons for the other 2 who can then come narrower.
FW RMC - auto choice. Can't believe people wanting to drop him. Yes he'll miss some chances but christ he is still scoring consistently. Dropping our leading scorer is not the answer.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

again it's a 433, and I don't think can work in this league...Fairly sure Ross plays poorly in the hole and is of no use to the midfield...looks great on paper will look horrible in execution...Start with a formation then pick the best players available to play in that formation..otherwise you might end up with one win in 17...Peltier can also play CD, Zal is probably the best DMF by default
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:again it's a 433, and I don't think can work in this league...Fairly sure Ross plays poorly in the hole and is of no use to the midfield...looks great on paper will look horrible in execution...Start with a formation then pick the best players available to play in that formation..otherwise you might end up with one win in 17...Peltier can also play CD, Zal is probably the best DMF by default
Ross would not be in the hole. No striker is in the hole in my formation. The closest a player would be to going in the hole would be Smith dropping deeper on goal kicks to flick headers on for Wickham and Ross. It is 3 central strikers all playing as strikers predominantly. When defending the 2 that were left of centre and right of centre would push wide. Likewise if we were for example attacking down the right then the right of centre striker can push further right to link up with the attacking fullback with the other 2 strikers remaining central for any crosses.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

4-3-3 with two strikers going wide for the ball would be good.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

4-3-3 would not work with the players we have in my opinion. I watch 4-3-3 executed almost to perfection each week and our side couldn't do it. We would get caught out too much.

Did I see mention of Poleon playing for us in a behind closed doors game? I thought he was on loan somewhere, but if he is here, why on earth is he not playing? He makes things happen.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Kyle_5351 wrote:4-3-3 would not work with the players we have in my opinion. I watch 4-3-3 executed almost to perfection each week and our side couldn't do it. We would get caught out too much.

Did I see mention of Poleon playing for us in a behind closed doors game? I thought he was on loan somewhere, but if he is here, why on earth is he not playing? He makes things happen.
I'd certainly rather see Poleon in a wide role than either of Kebe or Stewart. As you say, he makes things happen - even if it's just getting an opposing goalkeeper carried off.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Kebe out with a "hamstring injury" :roll: - and Rodi very doubtful, after picking up an injury in training.
Looks like Browneh will get a start then?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:Rodi very doubtful, after picking up an injury in training.
Looks like Browneh will get a start then?
Best team news I've heard all season :-D
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
How did I KNOW you would post that? :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
How did I KNOW you would post that? :lol:
Predictable eh :-D
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Predictable eh :-D
Just to bring you down - Aidy White came through a Dev.Squad game this week with no probs and could be on the bench.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

1964white wrote:

Could we get to see a line up without Rodi? naah dont believe it until i see it