Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Re: Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by leedsmad »

1964white wrote:
My Hull pal offered to drive him to ER, he was that desperate to see the back of Stewart at the KC :lol:
Have to agree there what I have seen is nothing special , he was only a budget signing what do you expect :roflmao:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Leeds fans show how to put off an opposition penalty taker :tup:

https://vine.co/v/MWa5bJi9WMt
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote: As far as our nice bloke of a manager, he has made little progress on the pitch, he hoofed when he arrived 12 months ago & we're still hoofing now
Now THAT is a statement, Leon :shock: I like the bloke, but have to agree with you, I'm sorry to say....
Despite the current love in, I feel he will be replaced VERY soon...especially after looking at our defence today. :duno:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Leeds win ......check
Ireland win......check

...now just Scotland to win........come on my celtic cousins...hang,draw and quarter the longshanks !!!!

weasel wrote:
Yet again racism rears it ugly head, this time in the shape of Ronan. Surely it is time these Marble Statuettes were warned over their disgraceful behaviour. Frankly anyone who wasn't born in Yorkshire and lives in Yorkshire (why would you want to go anywhere else?) should be banned from this forum. As Kathleen Frances once said "Put them on the Maupiti Express and get them the hell outta here!"
Aww...dammit....Scotland never turned up...silly jocks :roll:

A thousand apologies to anyone i offended with my slaying jibe..........now changed...oops :oops:
Last edited by Ronan on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Maybe festa will work with Brian to shore up the defence. I thought it was poor yesterday and mowatt offers little protection. A commanding leader at centre half is needed and tom lees needs to fuckoff to league 1
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
lincoln white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lincoln white »

joelufc20 wrote:Maybe festa will work with Brian to shore up the defence. I thought it was poor yesterday and mowatt offers little protection. A commanding leader at centre half is needed and tom lees needs to flipp to league 1
true on tom lees mate,hes rubbish,dont think he is even good enough to get into the Lincoln city team!!
mot
on the leeds side streets that you slip down..........
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Ronan wrote:Leeds win ......check
Ireland win......check

...now just Scotland to win........come on my celtic cousins...hang,draw and quarter the longshanks !!!!
You of all people have no need to apologise! At least you were not blaming someone for committing suicide :roll:
Last edited by Gino 1959 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Twiggster wrote:
Now THAT is a statement, Leon :shock: I like the bloke, but have to agree with you, I'm sorry to say....
Despite the current love in, I feel he will be replaced VERY soon...especially after looking at our defence today. :duno:
Why did we continue to hoof it in the first half when the wind was clearly going to be an issue.

A team with Murphy, Mowatt, Kebe, Stewart and McCormack in it needs the ball on the floor.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:
Why did we continue to hoof it in the first half when the wind was clearly going to be an issue.

A team with Murphy, Mowatt, Kebe, Stewart and McCormack in it needs the ball on the floor.
Very frustrating Shieldsy

We did the same at Rochdale allowing the L2 side to play football as it should be played

The problem is we have certain players who seem to know only one way of playing, panic & hoof is their game & it is quite obvious McDermott instructs & encourages them to hoof the ball :(

Kenny, Lees, Pearce & Austin are the main hoof culprits......is it any wonder our midfield is bypassed & non-existant for long periods of games
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: it is quite obvious McDermott instructs & encourages them to hoof the ball :(
I have to agree because McD would have put his foot down and/or dumped the culprits otherwise?
lincoln white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lincoln white »

Ronan wrote:Leeds win ......check
Ireland win......check

...now just Scotland to win........come on my celtic cousins...hang,draw and quarter the longshanks !!!! :tup: :tup:
cymru am byth!!!
on the leeds side streets that you slip down..........
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lincoln white wrote: cymru am byth!!!
Buille muid do thoín :lol:

Erin go Bragh!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote: I have to agree because McD would have put his foot down and/or dumped the culprits otherwise?
Kenny seems to be reluctant to throw the ball out to his defenders although our defenders always lumber up to the halfway line giving him no option but to boot the ball upfield

Pearce one of our better players this season but another one who hoofs it forward when the ball is at his feet

Lees, the less said the better.....how the hell has he played at U21 international level for England. God help us in future Euro/World Cup tournaments if we are looking at the likes of Lees

Austin has all the attributes of a lower-league footballer but somehow has become a cult-hero at ER :shock:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: Kenny seems to reluctant to throw the ball out to his defenders although our defenders always lumber up to the halfway line giving him no option but to boot the ball upfield
Before being converted to a striker par excellence I was taught as a FB to go wide immediately when the keeper had the ball unless he told us otherwise because he maybe saw someone closing us down. Hoof seems the default setting :(
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Let's face it, we are a mediocre second division club with mediocre players. I am sure McD has tried different things in training, but when you look at the lack of technique and basic passing skills of our squad, maybe hoofing it long and hoping the opposing defence make a mistake is the only sensible way to play.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:Let's face it, we are a mediocre second division club with mediocre players. I am sure McD has tried different things in training, but when you look at the lack of technique and basic passing skills of our squad, maybe hoofing it long and hoping the opposing defence make a mistake is the only sensible way to play.
So how come did Rochdale pass us to death ?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
So how come did Rochdale pass us to death ?
Attitude and desire.

They were up for it, we weren't

The Sheffield Wednesday game was far more alarming.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

cymru am byth!!!
Gino 1959 wrote: Buille muid do thoín :lol:

Erin go Bragh!
No Surrender ??? :duno: :duno: :wink:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Armleywhite

Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Armleywhite »

Guildford White wrote:
Attitude and desire.

They were up for it, we weren't

The Sheffield Wednesday game was far more alarming.
I don't think it was that alarming to be honest, more disappointing. Those sort of scores happen now and again as crappy as it makes us feel. Look at arsenal this weekend. Sometimes s**t just happened.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Gino 1959 wrote: Before being converted to a striker par excellence I was taught as a FB to go wide immediately when the keeper had the ball unless he told us otherwise because he maybe saw someone closing us down. Hoof seems the default setting :(
I used to play full back. Wide and short when the keeper had the ball in his hands unless he waved you forward.