Rochdale v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Yosserwhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Rochdale v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Yosserwhite »

I have to say that was probably the most disheartening display by any Leeds team I can remember. Rochdale were robbed, they deserved at least 4 or 5 goals. I have seen better performance from pub teams.

No passion, guile, invention or skill on show at all. It does not matter which manager was in charge of this shower, we are extremely lucky to be where we are in the league. Our previous "good performances" were mainly due to luck, I cannot remember one "good performance" for 90 minutes in any game this year.

The signs were there from the first match of the season (or more correctly, pre-season, remember them getting slaughtered then?) we had a lucky win and most forgot how dire we had been most of the match.

Like all long serving Leeds fans I have an ability to suspend reality to remain optimistic against all logic, but this performance has really p1ssed me off. It is not as though there is much scope to make any meaningful changes, we did not exactly play a weakened team just because it was a cup match.
lincoln white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lincoln white »

clueless,bottleless,lack of passion,lack of pride in playing for us,not fit to wear the shirt w**kers
f**k em all off!
on the leeds side streets that you slip down..........
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote:
Not a good day at all Rich, a complete waste of my time & money once again.....I feel cheated tbh

Think Kenny deserves more than 4 on your ratings mate
On reflection you're right Kenny deserves 7. The only reason I gave him 4 initially was because I was so wound up and tarred them all with the same brush when I wrote my thoughts last night. I'm still annoyed as I've just arrived at work to earn so more money to watch more dire football in the coming weeks......I wonder how many of our superstars are up so early this morning to try and earn a bit more to have a decent standard of living!!!!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
I tend to agree with the vast majority of your posts DDOS, but this isn't one mate, I can see what you are saying but in reality non of us expect Messi or even top end prem players but we do expect a team of players who give their all and not get totally out played by a team 2 divisions below us, it isn't a one off either we have been out played on many occassions this season and as I've said before I know it's not BM's choice of players but he gives the instruction of how the team should play, which is hoofball, if he thinks the players are only capable of that then bring some of the younger players in who can play the ball, the ball is firmly in his court imo. No kneejerk of calling for his head yet but the signings he makes this window will show how he wants to play things and if it is in the same style, then I think he's on a slippery slope.
Correct & spot on Ges :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Yosserwhite wrote:I have to say that was probably the most disheartening display by any Leeds team I can remember. Rochdale were robbed, they deserved at least 4 or 5 goals. I have seen better performance from pub teams.

No passion, guile, invention or skill on show at all. It does not matter which manager was in charge of this shower, we are extremely lucky to be where we are in the league. Our previous "good performances" were mainly due to luck, I cannot remember one "good performance" for 90 minutes in any game this year.

The signs were there from the first match of the season (or more correctly, pre-season, remember them getting slaughtered then?) we had a lucky win and most forgot how dire we had been most of the match.

Like all long serving Leeds fans I have an ability to suspend reality to remain optimistic against all logic, but this performance has really p1ssed me off. It is not as though there is much scope to make any meaningful changes, we did not exactly play a weakened team just because it was a cup match.
Another top post & i fully agree :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:
On reflection you're right Kenny deserves 7. The only reason I gave him 4 initially was because I was so wound up and tarred them all with the same brush when I wrote my thoughts last night. I'm still annoyed as I've just arrived at work to earn so more money to watch more dire football in the coming weeks......I wonder how many of our superstars are up so early this morning to try and earn a bit more to have a decent standard of living!!!!!
I know how you feel Rich, it really hurts mate i'm still fuming too !
Like your goodself i have to work today & practically every other day of the week to earn a crust to pay the bills & life's pleasures when i'm not not following LUFC around the country.
I doubt none of them are up this morning in their plush Wetherby homes, no doubt Ross will be attempting to grab his reputation back with a heart-felt tweet on Twitter, Austin will fall out of his four poster bed like Humpty Dumpty to watch a DVD of himself still unbenown to him what a crap footballer he actually is, the others will be pruning themselves sulking around like a kids without their favourite toys
Apart from Kenny, Zaliukas & young un's they can all do one as far as i'm concerned. At least my favourite Alex Mowatt is totally exempt from yesterday's fiasco :)
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

I applaud all the fans who went to the match and paid good money to watch that tripe,especially the ones posting on here....you deserve better. :cry: :cry:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Does anyone on here think Brian is the man to take us forward
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

paddy parrott wrote:No mate BMC D is playing to team strenghts and it is one dimensional but Smithy is at least an option.
Smith has a similar style of play to Becchio... he is on his arse most of the time.
If he flicks on there is nobody there to profit from it.
If he holds it up he has no movement or trickery to do something creative
He is not graceful. He has no finesse.
He is no thoroughbred. He is a lumbering clydesdale.

Yet I see on some other site he was given a 7 for performance and all the rest of the team getting less
So that shows you just how pathetic the rest of the team are. Oh and did you notice they brought Hunt on...
though I never heard his name mentioned and can't remember him touching the ball.

Abjectly poor, a disgrace. Shame shame shame. A laughing stock, and then they dare to applaud the fans
that are booing them from the middle of the field no less, not daring to go near the touchline.
A better response would have been to kneel in the centre circle and japanese style perform Hara-kiri
for the dishonorer of it all.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

joelufc20 wrote:Does anyone on here think Brian is the man to take us forward
Yes
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Yes I do. He has already taken us forward both on and off the field. He has a long term view and that is what we need. He is a big part of the club's engagement with the fans.
Yosserwhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Yosserwhite »

rab_rant wrote:
Smith has a similar style of play to Becchio... he is on his arse most of the time.
If he flicks on there is nobody there to profit from it.
If he holds it up he has no movement or trickery to do something creative
He is not graceful. He has no finesse.
He is no thoroughbred. He is a lumbering clydesdale.

Yet I see on some other site he was given a 7 for performance and all the rest of the team getting less
So that shows you just how pathetic the rest of the team are. Oh and did you notice they brought Hunt on...
though I never heard his name mentioned and can't remember him touching the ball.

Abjectly poor, a disgrace. Shame shame shame. A laughing stock, and then they dare to applaud the fans
that are booing them from the middle of the field no less, not daring to go near the touchline.
A better response would have been to kneel in the centre circle and japanese style perform Hara-kiri
for the dishonorer of it all.

Smith would have to have trained at Hogwarts to do anything with comedy service he was getting. Stratospheric hoof balls when he has his back to goal, and not another Leeds player within 60 metres. What would you like him to do with the ball, catch it and hide it up his shirt? He is not the prettiest to watch, but has scored 8 precious goals, if someone would PLEASE cross in to him from the side (almost like playing football) maybe he could head it in the right direction. He had two cleared off the line yesterday, don't think anyone else could say that. Remember how unwieldy and inelegant Lee Chapman was, but goals are what count.
lincoln white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lincoln white »

1 step forward and 2 steps back at the minute mate!
not a fooking happy bunny!
my weekend ruined again,
mot
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Yosserwhite wrote:

Smith would have to have trained at Hogwarts to do anything with comedy service he was getting. Stratospheric hoof balls when he has his back to goal, and not another Leeds player within 60 metres. What would you like him to do with the ball, catch it and hide it up his shirt? He is not the prettiest to watch, but has scored 8 precious goals, if someone would PLEASE cross in to him from the side (almost like playing football) maybe he could head it in the right direction. He had two cleared off the line yesterday, don't think anyone else could say that. Remember how unwieldy and inelegant Lee Chapman was, but goals are what count.
Absolutely right. There were no crosses from the by-line yesterday, not that there have been many all season. Zlatan Ibrahimovic couldn't have done anything with that type of " service"
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

My mate from Blackburn had also told me Cameron Stewart is pure s**t and can so very little apart from run. I worry I really do what we need is some quality and steel that can play I front of the defence controlling the game dictating play. Austin can't pass, brown and tonge are immobile, green can't pass either Murphy can pass but can do nothing else. At this rate our best option would be to play Byram in the holding role with Murphy and mowatt further forward. With regards to Matt smith he can only play with the cards he's dealt with and pumping shitty 60 yd balls up to him is pontless. He's played 14 scored 8 which is more than varney hunt and paynter have scored combined.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

At least we can now concentrate on the league...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

lincoln white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lincoln white »

barryanorak wrote:At least we can now concentrate on the league...
true but its embarrassing,
sick to the back teeth of it,crowd against Leicester will be well less than 20,000
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

barryanorak wrote:At least we can now concentrate on avoiding the drop to league 1...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

drsdadsotherson wrote:Dire. Pathetic. Embarrassing.

Beaten by a team 45 below us that not only won, but showed us up on the pitch.

I am not impressed.
You've hit The nail on the head
POO
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

lincoln white wrote: true but its embarrassing,
sick to the back teeth of it,crowd against Leicester will be well less than 20,000
We should be ok, ticket prices have been lowered for this game, it's more than ken would have done