Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by leedsmad »

Thanks for the feed back of today's game found people's analysis very amusing :lol: :tup: . Good result but nothing to get to excited about .
Promotionthiscentury
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Promotionthiscentury »

As someone who's slagged McCormack praise where it du for the finishing- but as for controlling a football.....

better 2nd half obviously and we all wanted 3 points.

but should be knocking 4-5 against sides like this - it was Yeovil not Barcelona.

If we're playing Smith he needs crosses - its not rocket science and he got hardly any

Pearce had another good game and is someone who has put some shifts in in recent weeks - we need another left footed player down the flanks tho.

Anyway lets hope we can do it away next week.

Separately, Pool Football Club is hosting " An Evening with Tony Dorigo" on Friday 29th November 2013.

This is a Questions and Answers night with a Leeds United legend hosted by the author of the "Where are they now" book and "Paint it White" play about Gary Edwards, Les Rowley.

There will be a Footy Quiz and an auction of Leeds memorabilia.

Tickets are £15 and can be organised by email at Tonydatpool@yahoo.co.uk
(Bar and Food also)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Murphy did what was asked.. Dint get me wrong bb.. Plenty of people have told me I'm talking shite..

I've even had a argument with someone over it.. But I think the lad did what was asked!

Was going to make some comment about your shed but thought better about it

Was Murphy your MOTM Wolfie ?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Promotionthiscentury wrote:but should be knocking 4-5 against sides like this - it was Yeovil not Barcelona.

If we're playing Smith he needs crosses - its not rocket science and he got hardly any
This formation is quite heavily reliant on Byram/Warnock getting forward and delivering said balls. Peltier is fairly solid, but doesn't seem to be able to fulfil the dual role as well as Sam.

As for the left, it's anyone's guess who we'll play there if Warnock's out a while. Seen some suggestions of Mowatt! I'm sure he could do a job there, but he needs to keep developing in the middle of the park...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
Right GW, like you this was my first game attended this season. I agree with your Yeovil murdered us in the first half sentiment.

What do you mean by "Murphy looked very tidy"?

I thought Austin had a brilliant game, impressed with Mowatt and Blackstock. I also thought peltier played well, the bloke behind me obviously thought otherwise :lol:

I enjoyed the game and enjoyed the result :tup:

From my seat in the West Stand I had a good view of Drs Dad and Drs Mum :P :bear:
Was Austin your MOTM then BB
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

1964white wrote:

Was Murphy your MOTM Wolfie ?
No I'd go with Pearce for this.. Couldn't fault his proformance.
Stout LUFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Stout LUFC »

Pearce had a great game and looks even bit the strong, determined defender we were hoping for.

You can see why he was so respected at Portsmouth
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thank you Wolfie & Stout :tup:

Great minds think alike :lol:
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Dunno whether you picked up on it, but last night on the Football League Show, on the after-match discussion of our game, one of the commentators said something to the effect of "Yeovil have no-one with the class of Rudi Austin". I thought, that'll go down well with our home-grown Rudi haters!
:twisted:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:Dunno whether you picked up on it, but last night on the Football League Show, on the after-match discussion of our game, one of the commentators said something to the effect of "Yeovil have no-one with the class of Rudi Austin". I thought, that'll go down well with our home-grown Rudi haters!
:twisted:
Made me laugh :lol: he has we much class as a lorry driver in a greasy spoon :wink:

Class applies to Leeds midfielders such as Bremner, Giles, Currie, Strachan, McAllister, etc, not a player whose passes generally go astray & couldn't hit a barn door with his range of wayward shooting !

It's not about hate, its all about recognising a player with limitations as oppose to overrating their ability. Sorry DD you wouldn't be bigging him up so much if you had witnessed the majority of his away performances where generally he looks like a fish out of water :( Rudi is definitely a ER player
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Back to winning ways against a Yeovil side who tried to play football and i have seen worse sides than them.But its 3 more points and a least McCormack did a bit to answer his critics now on to Charlton.

Kenny 5 Not a lot to do
Wooton 6 Solid
Lees 6 Same as Wooton
Pearce 7 Did well after he had to play out wide
Warnock 4 Seemns to picking up knocks these days
Murphy 7 Worked hard
Mowatt 3 Again found it hard going
Peltier 5 Not at ease going forward
Austin 7 Made some good runs forward
Smith 4 Found it hard going
McCormack 9 A brace for our leading scorer

Zallukas 4 A strange sub
Blackstock 4 Think he may get a start at Charlton
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

1964white wrote:
Made me laugh :lol: he has we much class as a lorry driver in a greasy spoon :wink:

Class applies to Leeds midfielders such as Bremner, Giles, Currie, Strachan, McAllister, etc, not a player whose passes generally go astray & couldn't hit a barn door with his range of wayward shooting !

It's not about hate, its all about recognising a player with limitations as oppose to overrating their ability. Sorry DD you wouldn't be bigging him up so much if you had witnessed the majority of his away performances where generally he looks like a fish out of water :( Rudi is definitely a ER player

You mean Rudi saves his best performances for when I'm there??? :mrgreen: I believe he's on of those players who, when he is good, he's very good, when he's bad he's awful..... that's life at this level. When one of those blasters actually hits the net, people will rave about his goal. I like Rudi, don't shoot me for it... there are some who actually adored Brolin!
:shock: :wink:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

A much improved 2nd half form Mc cormack who took his goals very well, set up by the powerful running of Austin, both contenders for MOTM. However I have to agree with those who picked Pearce, he threw himself in front of a couple of pile drivers in the 1st half and continued with a solid workmanlike performance to steady things at the back.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

I'm in full agreement with a lot of people on this thread. When Pearce plays like he did yesterday he's unbeatable
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

The strikers only doing anything for 3 mins each game has been thrown at so many of our strikers over the years.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

As good as he was when he first game into the team, is it now time, given the recent slide (as stated by most folk who attend the games on this forum) to give Alex Mowatt a little break ? Have to be careful how you to handle these young players, we dont want he''s confidence completely stuffed up if he continues to have poor games like Saturday and week before.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gurj wrote:As good as he was when he first game into the team, is it now time, given the recent slide (as stated by most folk who attend the games on this forum) to give Alex Mowatt a little break ? Have to be careful how you to handle these young players, we dont want he''s confidence completely stuffed up if he continues to have poor games like Saturday and week before.
Good point, Gurj. Looks like we've unearthed a proper little gem, but we don't want his confidence shot before he's even established himself. I think/hope BMD knows this and will use him accordingly. Tonge, who hasn't done much wrong this season, can fill that role whilst Mowatt starts a few on the bench
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

I don't think he had a particularly poor game on Saturday in fact.

He wasn't outstanding, but in my 50+ years of suffering I have seen a lot worse midfield performances in the white shirt.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

1964white wrote:McCormack decides to turn up come in the 2nd half, those of us who were there would know it was his first contribution to the game but let's not dwell on that, we all love a player who contributes for three minutes every game :roll: in fairness he took his goals well today but honestly, both were on a plate
...At times the same criticism was levelled at Beckford and Becchio. I know he's not like them and his consistency appears to be a problem, but let's see what his tally is by the end of the season and whether we could live without the goals he scored. He's scored 7 or 8 so far I believe, which at this stage is not a bad number,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:As good as he was when he first game into the team, is it now time, given the recent slide (as stated by most folk who attend the games on this forum) to give Alex Mowatt a little break ? Have to be careful how you to handle these young players, we dont want he''s confidence completely stuffed up if he continues to have poor games like Saturday and week before.
Who said Mowatt had a poor game ? he was comfortable & tidy on the ball, yes he had a quiet game but as GW posted he didn't have a terrible game infact two of our members on our coach gave him the MOTM so he can't have been that bad !

Btw he had two assists to his bow for both goals at Huddersfield