Huddersfield v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Re: Huddersfield v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:
not as easy as it looked I've seen much worse missed by much better players.
He hit it with the wrong foot.

If he had let the ball run across his body and hit it with his left it would have been simple - taking it right-footed was always going to be more difficult.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Excuses! Excuses! Iknow because i keep making them meself.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

paddy parrott wrote:Excuses! Excuses! Iknow because i keep making them meself.

we're in big trouble if we blame a miss or refereeing decisions.

and

Maybe GW but he might have been expecting Smith to get more of a touch. The ball was behind him before he got the shot off and had he let it reach his left foot a first time strike would probably been out of the question
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: not as easy as it looked I've seen much worse missed by much better players.
True, but I think that he had scored it 'in his head' it was that easy rather than making sure he buried it.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote: True, but I think that he had scored it 'in his head' it was that easy rather than making sure he buried it.
I don't think so....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well everthing that went right against Birmingham went wrong against Huddersfield,Austin was woeful,McCormack cost us two goals,Murphy missed a sitter but was unlucky to be subbed as he was our best midfield player,Mowatt showed he his is still a long way off yet and the penalty claims were a joke they were never penalties in amonth of sundays.So what does mcDermott do now tinker again just like Warnock did?

Kenny 7 made a couple of good saves
Lees 7 Unlucky with own goal
Wooton 4 Never looked comfortable
Pearce 8 MOTM but his body in the line many times
Byram 4 Should not have been on for last 30min clearly injured
Austin 2 The marks say it all
Warnock 3 Booked again badly out of position
Mowatt 4 Looked out of his depth not strong enough for this type of game
Murphy 7 The best of a bad midfield
Smith 7 Started well but faded
McCormack 3 His two mistakes cost us dearly
Subs
Blackstock 5 A luvly header for his goal but gave nothing else much
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Disappointing result, but we definitely need to give this formation a bit of time. Judging from the highlights; when it works we're good, when it doesn't we're awful.

Can't really go by many match reviews on here from people who went to the game as they seem to be very emotionally skewed and completely different from one another. Read one post and Pearce had a great game with one or two silly mistakes. Another, he was totally out of his depth and should be dropped.

I'd give scapegoat-of-the-week Ross McCormack another start next week up front with Smith, and see if having Blackstock ready to come off the bench at any moment is enough inspiration to give him a push.

Good to see Smith hitting confidence and form. Again, two weeks ago he was touted as not good enough to get into double figures - so it's a positive circumstance to have a choice from a pool of strikers - Blackstock, McCormack, Smith and Poleon...all who offer something slightly different and all who are more than good enough to score goals at this level.

The future looks bright - Byram, Lees, Mowatt and Poleon all from the youth and all look like they'll be in the first team for seasons to come. Not forgetting young Dawson in that list too. Add to that Smith, Murphy, Wootton, Pearce, Austin and McCormack and we've got a solid team that is full of potential. All those players, when on form, are brilliant players. Hopefully McDermott can instill a bit of consistency going forward and we'll be fine.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

theleedsmango wrote:Disappointing result, but we definitely need to give this formation a bit of time. Judging from the highlights; when it works we're good, when it doesn't we're awful.

Can't really go by many match reviews on here from people who went to the game as they seem to be very emotionally skewed and completely different from one another. Read one post and Pearce had a great game with one or two silly mistakes. Another, he was totally out of his depth and should be dropped.

I'd give scapegoat-of-the-week Ross McCormack another start next week up front with Smith, and see if having Blackstock ready to come off the bench at any moment is enough inspiration to give him a push.

Good to see Smith hitting confidence and form. Again, two weeks ago he was touted as not good enough to get into double figures - so it's a positive circumstance to have a choice from a pool of strikers - Blackstock, McCormack, Smith and Poleon...all who offer something slightly different and all who are more than good enough to score goals at this level.

The future looks bright - Byram, Lees, Mowatt and Poleon all from the youth and all look like they'll be in the first team for seasons to come. Not forgetting young Dawson in that list too. Add to that Smith, Murphy, Wootton, Pearce, Austin and McCormack and we've got a solid team that is full of potential. All those players, when on form, are brilliant players. Hopefully McDermott can instill a bit of consistency going forward and we'll be fine.
:tup: At least someone on here has a rational head on their shoulders!
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

As i have always said people,s reports will differ because everyone see,s the game in a different light also people are in a different position in the ground that one good thing about this game is every opinion is based on one person,s view.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well i respect everyone`s opinions and love to hear them i would totally respect all those to be at the game... well 99% any way.
Of course it`s emotional and particularly following Leeds united.
The one`s to watch and observe have a far better insight week to week of course and good on them so they probably are more emotive than some if not half of us at least.
From my prespective wer`e treading water so to speak a little at moment , what with boss and backroom of course not even to mention at board level the going`s on or not as some fans say.Are we good enough 3-5-2 formation ? you tell me but it don`t seem so to me we lack good enough cover when ball break`s back going forward no real pace so defencively it`s wing and a prayer most ly the way i see it and upfront either ATTITUDE or possbly not strong enough are maybe what`s lacking.
But i do have some faith in these player`s and obviously so does Brian mc Dermott so don`t fret it`s early door`s and i think a couple of back to back wins keeps all on course because top six could today be very far away but who really can say we march on together and in brian we trust.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:
Mowatt 4 Looked out of his depth not strong enough for this type of game
But he still created both goals with two superb crosses even though he looks out of his depth :roll:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
But he still created both goals with two superb crosses even though he looks out of his depth :roll:
Having watched the extended highlights today, Mowatt was a shadow of his past few games performances and got bullied off the ball too easily. Murphy was in charge of midfield, as Rodi went walkabout ( :roll: ) and I would have subbed Mowatt off before him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
Having watched the extended highlights today, Mowatt was a shadow of his past few games performances and got bullied off the ball too easily. Murphy was in charge of midfield, as Rodi went walkabout ( :roll: ) and I would have subbed Mowatt off before him.
So let's take off the only midfielder that effects a game, according to the reports I've had back from fans at the game they were all rubbish so very unfair to pick on a talented 18yo kid who actually created both goals, take Mowatt off & the score would have been a whole lot worst :shock:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
So let's take off the only midfielder that effects a game, according to the reports I've had back from fans at the game they were all rubbish so very unfair to pick on a talented 18yo kid who actually created both goals, take Mowatt off & the score would have been a whole lot worst :shock:
As I posted, I've only seen extended highlights - but Mowatt wasn't really in the game when Murphy was subbed off and those I know who were there say he was losing confidence (Mowatt fans like us, BTW). Egg should have seen that and taken the kid off for his own self confidence.

Then again, Egg saw Samby was struggling with his thigh and still kept him on the park :duno:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: I don't think so....
He was lazy to assume all he had to do was hit it towards goal to score - ought to have made sure.

And you know what they say about 'assume' :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
As I posted, I've only seen extended highlights - but Mowatt wasn't really in the game when Murphy was subbed off and those I know who were there say he was losing confidence (Mowatt fans like us, BTW). Egg should have seen that and taken the kid off for his own self confidence.

Then again, Egg saw Samby was struggling with his thigh and still kept him on the park :duno:
By all accounts Murphy should have remained on the park but McD wouldn't dare to take the inept No.44 off :shock:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Agree murphy should not have been taken off and as i have stated Byram was injured and should have come off as regards to Mowatt i stated he did not seem to able to compete in this kind of game he is still young and will do him no good at all if his confidence gets taken.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:
Those crosses wre corners not from open play
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Those crosses wre corners not from open play
Fair points EY but to be fair we have rarely scored from many corners over the last two seasons
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Fair points EY but to be fair we have rarely scored from many corners over the last two seasons
According to The Numbers Game, about 1 in 45 corners lead to a goal - in the Premier League that translates to one goal from a corner every 10 games or so, so around 4 in a season.

Which is why teams like Barcelona very rarely cross the ball from a corner, regarding a short corner that retains possession as more potent.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.