Leicester vs Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leicester vs Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by weasel »

One would suggest that we get punished as we constantly don't use subs so the players are tired. Gradual introduction of subs is key so that they can integrate and improve the side rather than last minute confusion.

Interesting that we concede over 70% of our goals in the second half after Mr Motivator has his half time pep talk.

The team is good enough - the manager and his decisions are woefully inept.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

There is but ONE reason we conceded this eve.
Ref has whistle in mouth to blow for FT. Twat warnock adds 30 seconds on to sub on Pearce.
Our defence wondering WTF at the corner, with Pearce added. Crisps score in that added added time.
Warnock is a totally inept manager, regarding subs. FFS I'm angry about that stupid and unnecessary last seconds sub.
FFS!
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

I notice b@stard forest didn't chuck away 2 pts in the dying seconds..really miffed off bout this one.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

As I had work, I wasn't able to listen to the match. As I remembered at work that I hadn't checked the score, I quickly loaded the app to find a 1-1 result.

First impressions I was happy with the result. I would have taken a point against Leicester, mid week, away from home. Read the match report and saw we conceded late in the game. Unfortunate, but to be honest I am still happy to pick up a result.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Kyle_5351 wrote:As I had work, I wasn't able to listen to the match. As I remembered at work that I hadn't checked the score, I quickly loaded the app to find a 1-1 result.

First impressions I was happy with the result. I would have taken a point against Leicester, mid week, away from home. Read the match report and saw we conceded late in the game. Unfortunate, but to be honest I am still happy to pick up a result.
I'm actually with you on this one.

I'd have taken a point before kick off. Had we won, we'd be 9th, instead of 10th. Well whoopdi do. In fact, with Brighton also drawing, we are still the same number of points off 6th as before.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

Aye its alright saying that but theres going to come a point where we need to do more than just keep the same gap from us to sixth..we'll end up running outta games mate.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

Kyle_5351 wrote:As I had work, I wasn't able to listen to the match. As I remembered at work that I hadn't checked the score, I quickly loaded the app to find a 1-1 result.

that's the problem with sport though isn't it? you can set your ideals out before a game, but then based on the game you often end up with a completely different point of view!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

mchldavies7 wrote:Aye its alright saying that but theres going to come a point where we need to do more than just keep the same gap from us to sixth..we'll end up running outta games mate.
We ran out of games weeks ago.

That's just it.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

barryanorak wrote:
We ran out of games weeks ago.

That's just it.
Exactly my point..if we were up there already in the mix, then a point last night would have been ok but were not and it wasn't.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

And my point is that the 2 'dropped points' probably won't make doodly squat difference by the end of the season. We've dropped waaaay too many points already.

Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

barryanorak wrote:And my point is that the 2 'dropped points' probably won't make doodly squat difference by the end of the season. We've dropped waaaay too many points already.
This is probably the reasonable view, but still it's beyond frustrating. You should be setting up a run into the top 6 alot earlier in the season than waiting until there is a handful of matches to go. At this point, we have a decent enough squad, but it was assembled way too late to make a difference.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

The team as a whole played really well the downside is that we could not get the killer 2nd goal.I also thought you never made a team change when defending a corner no matter what the the time of the game.The marking for Leicesters goal was schoolboy like.But it does not help when a team is playing with ten men for all those of you called Bechhio well i have news for you Morison will never replace him for Warnock to say he will become a cult hero is a joke.
Match Ratings
Kenny 6 made three or four great saves
Byram 7 Took his goal well
Lees 6 Hardly put a foot wrong
Peltier 6 A great return to his old club
Warnock 9 Joint star man
White 7 Covered acres of ground
Norris 6 The only thing wrong was his miss
Tonge 7 Really solid
Varney 7 Never thought he would get a mark like that
McCormack 9 Joint star ran the show
Morison Minus 2 Bloody useless lazy no fight cant jump enough said
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: McCormack 9 Joint star ran the show
I question a '9' for a striker when he doesn't score a goal. Running the show is great, but needs to slot a goal in every once in a while too.

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:The team as a whole played really well the downside is that we could not get the killer 2nd goal.I also thought you never made a team change when defending a corner no matter what the the time of the game.The marking for Leicesters goal was schoolboy like.But it does not help when a team is playing with ten men for all those of you called Bechhio well i have news for you Morison will never replace him for Warnock to say he will become a cult hero is a joke.
Match Ratings
Kenny 6 made three or four great saves
Byram 7 Took his goal well
Lees 6 Hardly put a foot wrong
Peltier 6 A great return to his old club
Warnock 9 Joint star man
White 7 Covered acres of ground
Norris 6 The only thing wrong was his miss
Tonge 7 Really solid
Varney 7 Never thought he would get a mark like that
McCormack 9 Joint star ran the show
Morison Minus 2 Bloody useless lazy no fight cant jump enough said

That subs bench is bloody HUGE, eh? :mrgreen:
What rating do you give to Green, BTW?
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Crude United wrote: I question a '9' for a striker when he doesn't score a goal. Running the show is great, but needs to slot a goal in every once in a while too.
You have your right to question my marks but i can only mark as i read see the game have been follwing United for many years and yes he could do with with hitting the net more regular but the chances he made for his team mates last night were great its just a pity none of them could read a game as well as him.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Twiggster wrote:

That subs bench is bloody HUGE, eh? :mrgreen:
What rating do you give to Green, BTW?
Sorry would give Green a 7 he to worked very hard.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: You have your right to question my marks but i can only mark as i read see the game have been follwing United for many years and yes he could do with with hitting the net more regular but the chances he made for his team mates last night were great its just a pity none of them could read a game as well as him.
Fair enough. :tup:

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Eddie on LUTV this eve post game reflections, gave young Samby MOTM for us - but added that "Ross was very close - Ross ran the show for us at Leicester with his workrate and set ups. He had a great game, thae boy".
I've just watched the full game back on LUTV and have to agree.

However, the replay showed me again, that Kenny should not be first team keeper. OK - he made some GREAT saves at Leicester, but his positioning and flapping was worth noting.
Nowhere NEAR how bad son of scum was in the other goal, but Kenny worries me.
I am sad, but I've watched all of our full games back on LUTV and HOW many times does Kenny flap at crosses and fail to do the simple stuff? WHY didn't he come out to at least hinder the Leicester defender who scored last night at the death? Poor keeping.

When Ashdown plays, the whole back line seems more confident to me? Body language seems better from the defenders and he doesn't go "walkabout", like Kenny - who I've seen casually wander down the pitch a few times this season and have to scramble to get back on his line.
Kenny has cost us a lot of goals in the league this season, purely by poor positioning and either not coming for crosses or flapping them. He is no better than Lonergan was, but he is Warnock senior's love child it seems? :duno:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Morison will never replace him for Warnock to say he will become a cult hero is a joke.
Take 2 letters out and replace with an "n" and a " z" and maybe closer to the truth?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Gino 1959 wrote: Take 2 letters out and replace with an "n" and a " z" and maybe closer to the truth?
Took a while.

Obscure, even by your standards...