Leeds vs Millscum - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds vs Millscum - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by CardiffWhite »

1964white wrote:Well at least since Warnock has found his best eleven the football has improved significantly. Today's encounter v the Wall was always going to be a close run thing with plenty of incident & both keepers making decent saves.
Amazing we've had dodgy full-backs for several years then in the space of six months we find our best pair in a long time, our centre-back pairing have developed a good understanding & with a decent keeper we now have a defence who have kept three consecutive clean sheets, credit to the likes of our three in midfield who work their socks off in front of our defence

Kenny 7 - our best keeper on our books no matter what anyone says
Byram 8 - god i love this kid
Peltier 7 - looks an accomplished CB
Lees 7 - more consistent since playing alongside Pelts
Warnock 8.5 - MOTM....best left-back since Micky Gray played for us. SW is tough as old boots, proper defender & gets forward well
Green 7 - put in another hard working shift
Tonge 7 - puts his foot on the ball & always looking for a pass
Norris 6 - industrious
Varney 7 - our most dangerous forward, always willing, good in the air & likes to take defenders on
Morison 6 - some clever flicks & movement. Worry is as our main striker SM didn't have a shot or header at goal
McCormack 4 - oh dear :shock: missed pen although i thought Ross hit his effort quite well only for David Fforde to make an excellent save, BUT how bad was his miss a few minutes later....an open goal, time on the ball & he literally passed it to their keeper, such a woeful effort my granny could have scored it !

Diouf - nowt
Brown & Pearce - what's the point ?
Watched the highlights and the Ross penalty looked a bit lame to me. Sounds like Varney has really turned it around for himself. What about giving Haribo a go?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Glad to see we are coming into some bit of form before my first game, in 2 weeks!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

If Morison was mentioned 3/4 times on commentary that was about it. The suggestion was that no balls were being played into the box so he was having to come deep? A situation Becchio often had to endure, too.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Twiggster wrote:Early KO on police advice...for this??? :evil:

What a classic :roflmao:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Twiggster wrote:Early KO on police advice...for this??? :evil:

I love early kick offs :mrgreen:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
I love early kick offs :mrgreen:
you still fell asleep :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

becchio bear wrote:
you still fell asleep :P :bear:
Yes, but not until later on haha
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Gino 1959 wrote:If Morison was mentioned 3/4 times on commentary that was about it. The suggestion was that no balls were being played into the box so he was having to come deep? A situation Becchio often had to endure, too.
There were balls into the box during the game, but 95% of the time it was Rosco trying to outleap the giant defenders. Not a hope. Morison did play wide and deep most of the game, but to be fair I couldn't understand why. Possibly another of Warnock senior's wonderful plans?
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

1964white wrote:Well at least since Warnock has found his best eleven the football has improved significantly. Today's encounter v the Wall was always going to be a close run thing with plenty of incident & both keepers making decent saves.
Amazing we've had dodgy full-backs for several years then in the space of six months we find our best pair in a long time, our centre-back pairing have developed a good understanding & with a decent keeper we now have a defence who have kept three consecutive clean sheets, credit to the likes of our three in midfield who work their socks off in front of our defence

Kenny 7 - our best keeper on our books no matter what anyone says
Byram 8 - god i love this kid
Peltier 7 - looks an accomplished CB
Lees 7 - more consistent since playing alongside Pelts
Warnock 8.5 - MOTM....best left-back since Micky Gray played for us. SW is tough as old boots, proper defender & gets forward well
Green 7 - put in another hard working shift
Tonge 7 - puts his foot on the ball & always looking for a pass
Norris 6 - industrious
Varney 7 - our most dangerous forward, always willing, good in the air & likes to take defenders on
Morison 6 - some clever flicks & movement. Worry is as our main striker SM didn't have a shot or header at goal
McCormack 4 - oh dear :shock: missed pen although i thought Ross hit his effort quite well only for David Fforde to make an excellent save, BUT how bad was his miss a few minutes later....an open goal, time on the ball & he literally passed it to their keeper, such a woeful effort my granny could have scored it !

Diouf - nowt
Brown & Pearce - what's the point ?

To be fair to warcock he has now started selecting a team that works, but still has nothing up front to win games.
If ross blows cold we are ineffectual, as morison sounds like an out and out striker, one of those that stay half way up the pitch demanding the ball. then when he gets it nothing much happens. I have a feeling moggy is still blending in with the sqaud.

With how we line up three middys keeping it on the deck and looking for through balls is the way to go, as it reads like crossing the ball from the wing/deep is useless. I think we are more of a "get in the box through the middle" team ATM.
But the tactics and players have changed round that much I have no f**king idea.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

A poor game after the last two nothing to get you really excited the K.O. time didnt help and the lack of away fans did not help,but at least its 3pts now off to Leicester and Selhurst Park 4pts would be a good return.
Kenny 5 Made some good stops but kicking still poor
Byram 5 Was not tested
Lees 6 Some clearences were poor
Peltier 7 Well its taken most of the season to find his best position
Warnock 8 Showed some good touches
White 5 Not a his best
Norris 6 Struggled
Tonge 7 Carried on where he left off at Blackburn
Varney 6 Carried on his better form
McCormack 4 Tried to do to much after his penalty miss
Morison 3 Reminds me of some of the s**t strikers we have bought
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:A poor game after the last two nothing to get you really excited the K.O. time didnt help and the lack of away fans did not help,but at least its 3pts now off to Leicester and Selhurst Park 4pts would be a good return.
Kenny 5 Made some good stops but kicking still poor
Byram 5 Was not tested
Lees 6 Some clearences were poor
Peltier 7 Well its taken most of the season to find his best position
Warnock 8 Showed some good touches
White 5 Not a his best
Norris 6 Struggled
Tonge 7 Carried on where he left off at Blackburn
Varney 6 Carried on his better form
McCormack 4 Tried to do to much after his penalty miss
Morison 3 Reminds me of some of the crap strikers we have bought

You've gone colour blind mate? :mrgreen:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Interesting East Yorkshire that you've halved 64s mark for Morison. I don't rate him at all but yesterday I watched him like a hawk, he is lazy. Why as an out and out striker didn't he step up for the second penalty? :bear:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

becchio bear wrote:Interesting East Yorkshire that you've halved 64s mark for Morison. I don't rate him at all but yesterday I watched him like a hawk, he is lazy. Why as an out and out striker didn't he step up for the second penalty? :bear:
"It was decided at ½ time that Steve would take penalties in future, if Diouf wasn't on the pitch. I almost brought Diouffy on for the penalty, but it's in Steven's name genes to have the mind set to score, so I let him take it" Warnock Snr's post game comments.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Twiggster wrote:
"It was decided at ½ time that Steve would take penalties in future, if Diouf wasn't on the pitch. I almost brought Diouffy on for the penalty, but it's in Steven's name genes to have the mind set to score, so I let him take it" Warnock Snr's post game comments.
Oh right, so if Ross had have converted the penalty this decision wouldn't have been taken? What a load of cobblers. He decided that Warnock jnr never having taken a penalty for Leeds before would be the one to step up in future? Really makes you wonder what is going on in our club. :bear:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Ross has seriously lost confidence this year, apparently. Wasn't happy at being subbed off either, I hear?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
Oh right, so if Ross had have converted the penalty this decision wouldn't have been taken? What a load of cobblers. He decided that Warnock jnr never having taken a penalty for Leeds before would be the one to step up in future? Really makes you wonder what is going on in our club. :bear:
I was relieved an old pro like Warnock stepped up to take the 2nd penalty as McCormack couldn't hit a barn door atm, his efforts were worst than fatboy on the pitch in the half-time competition :roll:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

becchio bear wrote:Interesting East Yorkshire that you've halved 64s mark for Morison. I don't rate him at all but yesterday I watched him like a hawk, he is lazy. Why as an out and out striker didn't he step up for the second penalty? :bear:
I have seen every minute he has played for us a in my mind he is duff cant jump lazy and all round poor if Warnock thinks he will become a cult hero well he is more deluded than i thought once again we have ended up with a pup.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Twiggster wrote:

You've gone colour blind mate? :mrgreen:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
I was relieved an old pro like Warnock stepped up to take the 2nd penalty as McCormack couldn't hit a barn door atm, his efforts were worst than fatboy on the pitch in the half-time competition :roll:
But little old man we have that wonderful out and out striker in Morison, so why didn't he take the penalty? :bear:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
But little old man we have that wonderful out and out striker in Morison, so why didn't he take the penalty? :bear:
Can't answer that young lady....one thing i can tell you Stephen Warnock has bottle, fearless & just the type of player we've been crying out for in our defence/team....along with Kenny NW's best signing