Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by mchldavies7 »

well I couldn't find it on mine..just showed the brum one...could u not have just put it up for me instead of telling me there is one? :|
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mchldavies7 wrote:well I couldn't find it on mine..just showed the brum one...could u not have just put it up for me instead of telling me there is one? :|

sorry was about to pm you when I got called away..don't think we're allowed to post links.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

mchldavies7 wrote:well I couldn't find it on mine..just showed the brum one...could u not have just put it up for me instead of telling me there is one? :|

Thank your lucky stars you were spared the misery of listening to it
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

K
faaip wrote:

sorry was about to pm you when I got called away..don't think we're allowed to post links.
ok..didnt mean to sound arsey..u know what its like though :?
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Post by ldj90 »

mchldavies7 wrote:K
all you need to do to get to matchday commentary is hover over the Live Chat link at the top of the page and click on virtual lowfields road (VLR). Twiggs has put up the link in here. The commentary is password protected but if you log into the vlr chatroom and ask for the pass you're good to go. The password changes every week. Hope that helps.

As GW said though, you'll be glad you didn't today.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mchldavies7 wrote:K

that's ok and check your pm's
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

My rating:

For the team and game as a whole - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. (Apart perhaps for Sam Byram.)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

El Es Six wrote:
My rating:

For the team and game as a whole - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. (Apart perhaps for Sam Byram.)
As good as that eh?
I'd rather us be lucky than good but I'd prefer a combo!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyone reckon i could sue Warnock, surely the dross served up is against the Trades Description Act as it's not what it says on the tin :lol:
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Overheard as I was walking out of the North West tunnel...... "I shouldn't be feeling this bad leaving Elland Road after a win!"
Hard to argue with!
:shock:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

On the one hand I agree, it was poor again today, commentary hardly conveyed a swashbuckling performance !

But on the flip side that is 6 wins out of 6 at home, and irrespective of the quality and whether we deserved it or not, you can't argue with 18 from 18 !!

We could still have Grayson and look where Hudds are now........
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:On the one hand I agree, it was poor again today, commentary hardly conveyed a swashbuckling performance !

But on the flip side that is 6 wins out of 6 at home, and irrespective of the quality and whether we deserved it or not, you can't argue with 18 from 18 !!

We could still have Grayson and look where Hudds are now........
Hey Gurj didn't some fans say if Grayson had financial support he would be a top manager :roll: still 3, 4 or 5 to win

As for our current tactical genius & his team....all i can say is it's a good job Bristol City are worst than us....two teams devoid of little quality :|
Last edited by 1964white on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

Drs.Dad wrote:Overheard as I was walking out of the North West tunnel...... "I shouldn't be feeling this bad leaving Elland Road after a win!"
Hard to argue with!
:shock:
Yeah i've thought that for the last few games. Better than feeling good about the performance after a loss I suppose...
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Winning ugly is definitely better than NOT winning. :tup:

Us oldies saw the Revie team put in some horrible displays at times and win 1-0 - and the football at ER was horrible in the 80's as well.
The difference being, we had PRIDE in our club back then and cheered on the lads, crap or not.
Bates has destroyed fan spirit and pride, judging by comments I read on the messageboards and emails I get to the show and conversations with match going mates.
The players we have are capable of better, as we will no doubt see on Sunday, when Warnock lets them off the leash. :roll:
WHY won't he let them play to their capabilities in the league? :evil:
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Well. It was a damn sight better than Bolton and Barnsley. We did at least try to play some passing football on the deck at times but it is still frustrating how often the ball is passed back to Paddy to lump it forwards. There was certainly nothing that convinced me we would perform against a half decent team.

Kenny 7 Forced into a few smart saves in the first half. Misunderstanding with the defence nearly cost us in the first five minutes.

Byram 6 Much better than his showing at Barnsley. Don't remember him being troubled defensively.

Peltier 5 Better at CB than anywhere else in the pitch. Lack of aerial presence not tested today.

Lees 6 No big errors. Few smart interceptions.

White 5 Looks better at left back than anyone else who has played there this season. That does say something given that his performance today was no better than adequate.

Austin 6 Better now he is getting some fitness back. Managed a few runs forward. Simple passing better than in the Barnsley game where he gave the ball away umpteen times but shooting wayward.

Brown 4 Seemed to have very little impact on the game.

Barkley 7 This lad can play. Controls a ball well and makes intelligent passes that, so far, the rest of our players are not on wavelength with.

McCormack 7 Out of position but does give defenders something to think about. Nicely taken goal.

Diouf 4 Takes the ball well and links up especially well with Byram down the right but after he has beaten his man his final ball has been abysmal.

Becchio 5 Not one of his better games but not given much opportunity. Failed to control lumped balls forward. Won the majority of his headers. Warnock says his head is not in the game. The problem is Becchio's head is attached to his shoulders and he therefore can't reach Diouf's crosses...

Overall no-one was especially terrible tonight, but no-one was particularly good either. We didn't blow all our midfield possession like we did last weekend but we still only made two decent crosses into the box all game (Barkley's cross for Ross's goal and a corner that McCormack took himself.) Anyone who thinks today's game was really terrible wasn't at the Bolton or Barnsley matches, but it was a long way short of what we should be doing at home to the division's bottom club. Inspiration needed,
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Inspiration needed.
This plus that fact that had we been playing a team even slightly better than Bristol Rovers (which will of course happen) we would have really struggled and that is basically the same as the last few home games - all a bit worrying and perhaps this coloured my opinion of the actual game. For the first 15 minutes or so we did seem to pass the ball and not lump it forward at the first opportunity. Warnock seemed to think we played better in the second half but for me it was this opening period that was the most promising. It led to nothing though and ironic cheers greeted the few attempts we had at goal.

Crazy feeling demoralised after a win...

(Good review Dr.)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
Kenny 7 Forced into a few smart saves in the first half. Misunderstanding with the defence nearly cost us in the first five minutes.

Byram 6 Much better than his showing at Barnsley. Don't remember him being troubled defensively.

Peltier 5 Better at CB than anywhere else in the pitch. Lack of aerial presence not tested today.

Lees 6 No big errors. Few smart interceptions.

White 5 Looks better at left back than anyone else who has played there this season. That does say something given that his performance today was no better than adequate.

Austin 6 Better now he is getting some fitness back. Managed a few runs forward. Simple passing better than in the Barnsley game where he gave the ball away umpteen times but shooting wayward.

Brown 4 Seemed to have very little impact on the game.

Barkley 7 This lad can play. Controls a ball well and makes intelligent passes that, so far, the rest of our players are not on wavelength with.

McCormack 7 Out of position but does give defenders something to think about. Nicely taken goal.

Diouf 4 Takes the ball well and links up especially well with Byram down the right but after he has beaten his man his final ball has been abysmal.

Becchio 5 Not one of his better games but not given much opportunity. Failed to control lumped balls forward. Won the majority of his headers. Warnock says his head is not in the game. The problem is Becchio's head is attached to his shoulders and he therefore can't reach Diouf's crosses...
Good review Dr...thanks for the comments....can't be bothered to add as you've more or less said what needs to be said about a very drab game. All i will say is the game upped a notch when young Byram ran at the Bristol defence a few times around the hour mark, within ten minutes we scored the winning goal after some nice work from another kid Ross to Ross :-D

Kenny - 7
Byram - 7
Lees - 6
Peltier - 6
White - 4
Barkley - 7
Austin - 5
Brown - 3
McCormack - 7
Becchio - 5
Diouf - 5

Subs : Green 5, Tonge n/a
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joshlucas »

what formation did we play?

Few weeks ago green and norris seemed to be finding form and before he left tonge did well when given a chance in centre mid. All 3 on bench today and we start with an unfit out of form austin and a past his best brown!!!
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Two victories in a week we are getting spoilt.A poor game saw us gain 3pts which matters most of all.A really poor crowd but with three more home games onthe trot once again people can only afford so much.It will be interesting to see the gate next sunday but with the game on TV it could be low lets face go to the pub have 2 or 3 pints and it will be a cheaper day out plus warmer.The ratings as i saw it for yesterday
Kenny 6 Did nothing wrong
Byram 5 Improved in the 2nd half
Lees 8 Solid
Peltier 6 Looks a bit better in the centre
White 6 Carried on from tuesday night did what was asked of him
Brown 5 Not that effective
Barkley 5 Showed some decent touches
Austin 6 Drifted in and out of the game but got better
Diouf 6 Held the ball up well but will try to overdo it
Bechhio 6 Won a few headers and worked hard
McCormack 8 A good all round performance
Subs