Hull City v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Re: Hull City v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by MeeTa »

faaip wrote:I wonder if there will ever come a day when I get through a whole one without reading about Messi on a Leeds forum. can we wait till we're back in the premiership and he's at least 35.

No, i like Messi
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Someone in VLR this afternoon said they were fed up watching us getting beat by crap teams like Forest and Hull. Either they are better than us or we are actually the crap team.

It was dreadful what (admittedly) little I saw of it - no positives that I could take - and Hull were simply taking the p!ss after going 2 up - passing through us - and around us - at will.

I doubted colin from the very start and I now have no faith in him being the man to revive - or start the revival of - our fortunes.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MeeTa wrote:
No, i like Messi

then by all means start an appreciation thread...I'll agree he's worth it...and I can ignore it.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote:Someone in VLR this afternoon said they were fed up watching us getting beat by crap teams like Forest and Hull. Either they are better than us or we are actually the crap team.

It was dreadful what (admittedly) little I saw of it - no positives that I could take - and Hull were simply taking the p!ss after going 2 up - passing through us - and around us - at will.

I doubted colin from the very start and I now have no faith in him being the man to revive - or start the revival of - our fortunes.

If this isn't one of the more interesting months in the recent history of Leeds United then something is still rotten in the state of Saudi Arabia...

actually I'll give them the summer too, if they want to look around first and see what they have. Which is a mediocre championship club on the pitch and (the makings) of a premiership club in the stands.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

faaip wrote:

then by all means start an appreciation thread...I'll agree he's worth it...and I can ignore it.

No, ill sneak in a little Messi comment every now and then just to annoy you :wink:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MeeTa wrote:
Neh wont pipe down based on that, our strikers today wernt the problem. Becchio up front wouldnt have made a bit of difference at all. Our main problem is our midfield, their even more of a problem then our defense. I can not believe how shite and utter rubbish every single midfielder out there was today. Somma and Maccy was abandoned on top and got nowt, absolutely nowt to work with. You could of put messi and ronaldo up front today and it wouldnt made a difference.
The likes of Messi/Van Persie can actually run with the ball at their feet as oppose to our redundant/pedestrian forwards who want everything laid on a plate for them, even when the ball comes to them they cannot retain the ball. Now Hull City's Aluko is a different kettle of fish !
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

1964white wrote:
The likes of Messi/Van Persie can actually run with the ball at their feet as oppose to our redundant/pedestrian forwards who want everything laid on a plate for them, even when the ball comes to them they cannot retain the ball. Now Hull City's Aluko is a different kettle of fish !
I'm sure somebody said we should get Aluko last season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:
I dread the players he'll sign when he goes shopping in the January sales :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

markolufc wrote:
I'm sure somebody said we should get Aluko last season.
I did but what do i know :duno:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well for someone living in a close proximty to Hull thanks very much Warnock for a complete inept team selection.You are years out of date in your tatics and your team selection well the words to describe them are un printable on here.Your excuses are feeble always blaming someone else instead of taking some of the blame your self.You have said Bechhio had a knock but you have said the same about Peltier and kept playing him.Clearly Austin is not yet fit so why pick him.Also brown captain at forest then Pearce comes in low and behold he his captain.The team you sent out to-day was no way ever been able to compete with a Hull side which has pace and can play football.My advice to you is go back to your farm and stick to driving your tractor.Ratings
Kenny 3 made some good saves
Byram 2 Showed he is still light years away
Lees 1 Poor
Tate 1 Again poor
White 2 tried
Brown 1 What a stupid booking he got
Norris 1 Outclassed
Green 4 One player who had any go
Pearce 1 Back to the bench please
Somma 1 Never won one ariel contest
McCormack 4 Same as Green no doubt he will be dropped on sat

Subs
Varney 2 Why?
Austin 1 Not a Clue
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I was busy sulking at the end, did Warnock not bring on Becchio or Thomas to add to the attack??
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

dezzy wrote:I was busy sulking at the end, did Warnock not bring on Becchio or Thomas to add to the attack??
No mate - he brought on Ashdown to replace Ross up front. :twisted:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

markolufc wrote:I'm sure somebody said we should get Aluko last season.
1964white wrote:I did but what do i know :duno:
I said the same after taking off my Celtic tinged glasses! He tore up the Hoops defence whenever he played against it and should have been snapped up when the Gers were having their fire sale.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote:
I said the same after taking off my Celtic tinged glasses! He tore up the Hoops defence whenever he played against it and should have been snapped up when the Gers were having their fire sale.
But isn't this endemic with us? How many times are players mentioned on here as being worth a punt and, 99 times out a hundred, some other club takes an educated chance and reaps the benefit whilst we resemble a retirement home for has-been, second rate players.

Warnock reckons owners will back him in January, I think they should sack him in December! :x
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

100% Nick - the list is endless and - as Twiggs has pointed out (on this thread or another) - we have a single scout able to veto any potential signings by the manager - wtf :duno:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote:100% Nick - the list is endless and - as Twiggs has pointed out (on this thread or another) - we have a single scout able to veto any potential signings by the manager - wtf :duno:
Beggars belief, Gino. A club of our (supposed) stature should have a network of scouts or affiliates seeking out talent from the four corners of the globe. I seriously wonder if Warnock and his team actually watch any football, apart from the tripe we continue to serve up.

Massive month coming up, on and off the pitch, should prove some kind of yardstick for how our season is going to pan out. And to what extent the owners can live up to our collective expectations
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson