Forest v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Re: Forest v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by leedsmad »

Crude United wrote: Are you sure that's not our midfield during the match? :?
exactly :roflmao: , that's what it looked like ...
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

it was frustrating seeing our boys hoof the ball over the top and losing possesion when a perfectly fine 5 years pass would have sufficed, almost like they didnt want to keep hold of it.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

oh and thomas, i like you mate - but try stay on your feet yeah.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Brader wrote:it was frustrating seeing our boys hoof the ball over the top and losing possesion when a perfectly fine 5 years pass would have sufficed, almost like they didnt want to keep hold of it.
Some of our lot couldn't make a simple pass given that amount of time :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well back in the old routine following a 4-2 defeat at Forest and Warnock must take the full share of the blame whatever made him think Austin could start a game showed in some ways where he is clueless and if the rumours are true that he has had a spat with McCormack well my answer to that is grow up sort it out or clear off.He should at his age be bigger than that.Once again he sub changes left a lot to be desired.And how we missed Tonge.
Kenny 7 No chance with any of the goals
Byram 5 His worst game so far
Lees 5 Struggled
Tate 4 Not at the races
Drury 7 Deserves another chance
Green 6 Tried his best
Austin 3 Not his fault he should not have been picked
Thomas 4 Shows why he cant get a game at West Brom
Brown 6 Ran out of steam
Diouf 4 Once again made no impact
Bechhio 6 Ploughed a lone front no support

Subs
Somma 5 Still lacks match fitness
Pearce 4 Strange choice thought Norris should have come on
McCormack 4 Poor Sod given no chance
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Well back in the old routine following a 4-2 defeat at Forest and Warnock must take the full share of the blame whatever made him think Austin could start a game showed in some ways where he is clueless and if the rumours are true that he has had a spat with McCormack well my answer to that is grow up sort it out or clear off.He should at his age be bigger than that.Once again he sub changes left a lot to be desired.And how we missed Tonge.
Kenny 7 No chance with any of the goals
Byram 5 His worst game so far
Lees 5 Struggled
Tate 4 Not at the races
Drury 7 Deserves another chance
Green 6 Tried his best
Austin 3 Not his fault he should not have been picked
Thomas 4 Shows why he cant get a game at West Brom
Brown 6 Ran out of steam
Diouf 4 Once again made no impact
Bechhio 6 Ploughed a lone front no support

Subs
Somma 5 Still lacks match fitness
Pearce 4 Strange choice thought Norris should have come on
McCormack 4 Poor Sod given no chance
Those rating just shows us what our players are all about & the crazy decisions Warnock continues to make on a regular basis :

Lees form has been erratic all season but he is first on the team sheet in the CB position
Tate has been poor in his last couple of games as someone suggested his loan spell is coming to close therefore he can't be bothered anymore
Drury hasn't let us down but struggles to find a place on the bench let alone in playing in the first eleven...our only recognised LB
Peltier is a RB, has done quite well in the CB role but is regularly played at LB where he has been woeful
Pearce whom has been one of our most consistent defenders finds himself on the bench after being dropped for one reckless challenge. Should be our captain !
Green who is yet another one who has done well but is played out of his natural position even when Tonge's loan period has ended
Austin i'm still unconvinced about. Horrible injury consequently out for two months, not match-fit & Warnock in his infinite wisdom starts him in the first eleven :roll:
Norris why was he dropped ?
White - why does NW persist playing him on the right win in the majority of his appearances
Thomas has had three poor games, lasts only 50 minutes....loan spell coming to an end....
Brown is another one who runs out of steam. Not a regular by any means but made captain for the Forest game :roll:
Diouf got his contract & has struggled in last couple of games...hope it's just a blip
Somma nowhere near ready yet
McCormack must come on ahead of Somma if Diouf is subbed. Seems like a Warnock/Ross dressing-room showdown has occurred
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Those rating just shows us what our players are all about & the crazy decisions Warnock continues to make on a regular basis :

Lees form has been erratic all season but he is first on the team sheet in the CB position
Tate has been poor in his last couple of games as someone suggested his loan spell is coming to close therefore he can't be bothered anymore
Drury hasn't let us down but struggles to find a place on the bench let alone in playing in the first eleven...our only recognised LB
Peltier is a RB, has done quite well in the CB role but is regularly played at LB where he has been woeful
Pearce whom has been one of our most consistent defenders finds himself on the bench after being dropped for one reckless challenge. Should be our captain !
Green who is yet another one who has done well but is played out of his natural position even when Tonge's loan period has ended
Austin i'm still unconvinced about. Horrible injury consequently out for two months, not match-fit & Warnock in his infinite wisdom starts him in the first eleven :roll:
Norris why was he dropped ?
White - why does NW persist playing him on the right win in the majority of his appearances
Thomas has had three poor games, lasts only 50 minutes....loan spell coming to an end....
Brown is another one who runs out of steam. Not a regular by any means but made captain for the Forest game :roll:
Diouf got his contract & has struggled in last couple of games...hope it's just a blip
Somma nowhere near ready yet
McCormack must come on ahead of Somma if Diouf is subbed. Seems like a Warnock/Ross dressing-room showdown has occurred
Norris was rested we have and important game on Saturday. Was also carrying a knock.
Pearce was rested for the same reason.
We had no other options in M/F.
Agree re ROdolph :wink: Stupid to start him AND Brown. One or the other alongside Si Lenighan was an option. :duno:

Not heard anything re a bust up twixt NW and Ross, except supposition on wackov. :roll:
I'd start Ross and Somma at Hull ahead of Diouf and Becchio, who looked knackered at Forest.

Thomas and White are two of a kind - all pace and no final touch. But they DO put defenders on the back foot. One or the other is an assett on the left wing.

SamBy has played one game too many, I fear. Play him at Hull and then Pelts should be fit for the notlob game at LB. Sam needs a rest.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Twiggster wrote:
Norris was rested we have and important game on Saturday. (Was also carrying a knock).
Pearce was rested for the same reason.
We had no other options in M/F.
Agree re ROdolph :wink: Stupid to start him AND Brown. One or the other alongside Si Lenighan was a possible option. :duno:

Not heard anything re a bust up twixt NW and Ross, except supposition on wackov. :roll:
I'd start Ross and Somma at Hull ahead of Diouf and Becchio, who both looked knackered at Forest.

Thomas and White are two of a kind - all pace and no final touch. But they DO put defenders on the back foot. One or the other is an assett on the left wing.

SamBy has played one game too many, I fear. Play him at Hull and then Pelts should be fit for the notlob game at LB. Sam needs a rest.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
Never mentioned young Sam who is a real star in the making in my opinion :tup:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Never mentioned young Sam who is a real star in the making in my opinion :tup:
Agreed - but he was pants at Forest. I think too much pressure and expectation on a young lad can't be good.
The Don even rested Billy for a while in his first season in the first team. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
The Don even rested Billy for a while in his first season in the first team. :tup:
He certainly did
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Vs Hull , Pearce needs to come in for Lees.
Norris needs to come in for Austin
Hall needs to come in for Brown
Brown and Austin lack midfield creativity and are both vulnerable to yellow cards especially Austin at the moment as he is lacking match fitness . Hall might be a risky selection but does have speed . Drury deserves to keep his place.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leedsmad wrote:Vs Hull , Pearce needs to come in for Lees.
Norris needs to come in for Austin
Hall needs to come in for Brown
Brown and Austin lack midfield creativity and are both vulnerable to yellow cards especially Austin at the moment as he is lacking match fitness . Hall might be a risky selection but does have speed . Drury deserves to keep his place.
Correct :tup:

Why can't an experienced manager such as Warnock see it :shock:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Correct :tup:

Why can't an experienced manager such as Warnock see it :shock:
Possibly cos Hall is not a CM?
hector

Post by hector »

Twiggster wrote:
Possibly cos Hall is not a CM?
Peltier ain't a left back but ......................... :duno:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Squad rotation seems to be non-existent and when he does rotate the squad, he changes it too much.

Pearce should be in the starting line up. Pearce is better than Tate imo.
Drury needs to start. Simple.
Peltier should be given a go at RB, to either give Sam a rest or push him forward to RM for 60 minutes.

We have heaps of options for the centre of midfield. Green, Norris, Brown, Austin, Thomas, Diouf.... They could all play a very big part in creating chances, but the mix needs to be right and the subs need to be executed at the right time.

No point playing Brown and Austin together. Brown is a good 45 minute player. I think he does his job well, but he needs replacing within 50 mins. There are multiple pairings we cold have.

I think Austin is a liability at the moment, but could play an important role in the team.

Pearce needs to be made club captain and we need to move forward.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Kyle_5351 wrote:Squad rotation seems to be non-existent and when he does rotate the squad, he changes it too much.

Pearce should be in the starting line up. Pearce is better than Tate imo.
Drury needs to start. Simple.
Peltier should be given a go at RB, to either give Sam a rest or push him forward to RM for 60 minutes.

We have heaps of options for the centre of midfield. Green, Norris, Brown, Austin, Thomas, Diouf.... They could all play a very big part in creating chances, but the mix needs to be right and the subs need to be executed at the right time.

No point playing Brown and Austin together. Brown is a good 45 minute player. I think he does his job well, but he needs replacing within 50 mins. There are multiple pairings we cold have.

I think Austin is a liability at the moment, but could play an important role in the team.

Pearce needs to be made club captain and we need to move forward.
100% correct with Pearce being Captain :tup:
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Dont see the point of buying hall to be honest ...

anyone know how robbie rogers has done on loan?? hes someone id like to see more of.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Brader wrote:Dont see the point of buying hall to be honest ...

anyone know how robbie rogers has done on loan?? hes someone id like to see more of.
I'd forgotten about him, don't recall him doing a great deal though :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Not done very well. 7 games, three starts and 0 goals.
If he put as much effort into playing as he does tweeting, he might be decent.