Huddersfield v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Guildford White wrote:Sorry guys, please drop the factually based arguments, a new scapegoat has been selected
It is important to have a scapegoat for good away wins against local rivals.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Huddersfield v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings...

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:Sorry guys, please drop the factually based arguments, a new scapegoat has been selected
Because he had no one to argue the toss with on the MD Thread as i went to bed :wink:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

At long last McCormack rerturned to the starting line-up in place of Diouf and what a difference aa player with a bit of flaira player who does not hold up play to long and a player with vision.Plus the difference in Bechhio when he has somebody playing up front with him.The only really weak link was Peltier.A good victory against a side who will finish in the top half of the league.We now move on to Derby a point there would not be a bad result following three victories.The ratings as i saw it.

Kenny 6 Not a lot to do
Byram 7 Got forward well
Lees 7 A solid performance again
Tate 8 Gives us some experiance
Peltier 4 Poor still not captain material
Green 8 Covered acres of ground
Tonge 8 Another goal from him worked his socks off
Norris 8 Completed a great display from the midfield
Thomas 6 Not as succesful as the last two games
McCormack 9 Ran the show
Bechhio 9 Must have been elated to link up with Ross again and two goals to answer his knockers

Subs
Hall 7 Looked as if he wanted a regular start
Brown 5 Nearly scored
Gray Not fair to put a mark on him
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Could the big difference be that with Green, Thomas and Tonge we have three midfielders who can play football as opposed to having Austin, Varney and Brown whose main attributes are running around a lot.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:At long last McCormack rerturned to the starting line-up in place of Diouf and what a difference aa player with a bit of flaira player who does not hold up play to long and a player with vision.Plus the difference in Bechhio when he has somebody playing up front with him.The only really weak link was Peltier.A good victory against a side who will finish in the top half of the league.We now move on to Derby a point there would not be a bad result following three victories.The ratings as i saw it.

Kenny 6 Not a lot to do
Byram 7 Got forward well
Lees 7 A solid performance again
Tate 8 Gives us some experiance
Peltier 4 Poor still not captain material
Green 8 Covered acres of ground
Tonge 8 Another goal from him worked his socks off
Norris 8 Completed a great display from the midfield
Thomas 6 Not as succesful as the last two games
McCormack 9 Ran the show
Bechhio 9 Must have been elated to link up with Ross again and two goals to answer his knockers

Subs
Hall 7 Looked as if he wanted a regular start
Brown 5 Nearly scored
Gray Not fair to put a mark on him
More or less the same ratings as mine EY

One of McCormack's & Becchio's best games in a Leeds shirt, a massive improvement from the front pair. Becchio has had a very good week but i read only today Warnock had been very disappointed with Luci's performances over the last few months, this comes from a manager who once said 'I love Becchio'....in the end he dropped Becchio for Varney which was probably the kick up the backside that was required for Luci. He deserved to be knocked just as he deserves the credit he is receiving this last week ! Becchio my MOTM just ahead of Ross & Tonge :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:Could the big difference be that with Green, Thomas and Tonge we have three midfielders who can play football as opposed to having Austin, Varney and Brown whose main attributes are running around a lot.
Add Norris to those three who has been an absolute rock for us of late Harry
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Norris the main man for leeds lately..
A really shame tonge is going after the chelscum game!
And to think I was slagging his ability when he first came...
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:
More or less the same ratings as mine EY

One of McCormack's & Becchio's best games in a Leeds shirt, a massive improvement from the front pair. Becchio has had a very good week but i read only today Warnock had been very disappointed with Luci's performances over the last few months, this comes from a manager who once said 'I love Becchio'....in the end he dropped Becchio for Varney which was probably the kick up the backside that was required for Luci. He deserved to be knocked just as he deserves the credit he is receiving this last week ! Becchio my MOTM just ahead of Ross & Tonge :tup:
As i have said for the past couple of weeks Bechhio is a better player when McCormack is in the side as McCormack gives him more support than Diouf does.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Norris the main man for leeds lately..
Players need time to settle Wolfe....Norris has been superb as has Green & Tonge :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: As i have said for the past couple of weeks Bechhio is a better player when McCormack is in the side as McCormack gives him more support than Diouf does.
He probably does although they were both very poor at Blackpool earlier in the season !

Really impressed yesterday :tup:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

The one thing we can all hope for is they both manage to stay fit because i cant see many goals coming from our other strikers.(what few we have)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:The one thing we can all hope for is they both manage to stay fit because i cant see many goals coming from our other strikers.(what few we have)
I cannot too :tup:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:
I cannot too :tup:
Will you be heading to Derby?
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Twiggster wrote:
And The Beast will be fighting for a place again soon. :tup:
I keep thinking about how we've been playing recently, then I remember that Austin is out. The thought of Austin coming back from injury around the same time as we'll (hopefully) get some decent signings really excites me. We have the potential to really marshal midfield and cause teams all sorts of problems.

I think Warnock finally has his battling side typical of what he likes to do, and at their best they play some very, very good stuff. Ross McCormack has been sorely missed. Just imagine how dangerous we'll be when Austin gets back in the side!
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Norris the main man for leeds lately..
I'd be shocked if he didn't get bought in January, very shocked. He's been a rock in the midfield and one of our few performers even when we've been drab.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

markolufc wrote:
I keep thinking about how we've been playing recently, then I remember that Austin is out. The thought of Austin coming back from injury around the same time as we'll (hopefully) get some decent signings really excites me. We have the potential to really marshal midfield and cause teams all sorts of problems.

I think Warnock finally has his battling side typical of what he likes to do, and at their best they play some very, very good stuff. Ross McCormack has been sorely missed. Just imagine how dangerous we'll be when Austin gets back in the side!
Fingers are totally crossed here mate! Make it so Warnock! :tup:
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Twiggster wrote:
Fingers are totally crossed here mate! Make it so Warnock! :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Will you be heading to Derby?
Oh i wish...first time i've missed in years....prior engagement for the Mrs & I & tbh it will save me easily £60 which doesn't sound much but we've had to payout almost £2500 on bills relating to the house some of the work unexpected expenses. Also missing Forest due to my usual stance on not leaving Mrs 64 on her own on Boxing Day.
I'm doing eight of a ten game spell so plenty & more excitement to come now we are on a roll
Hull, Barnsley, Boro & Wolves aways & a possible FA Cup away game lined up :-D
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

1964white wrote:
Oh i wish...first time i've missed in years....prior engagement for the Mrs & I & tbh it will save me easily £60 which doesn't sound much but we've had to payout almost £2500 on bills relating to the house some of the work unexpected expenses. Also missing Forest due to my usual stance on not leaving Mrs 64 on her own on Boxing Day.
I'm doing eight of a ten game spell so plenty & more excitement to come now we are on a roll
Hull, Barnsley, Boro & Wolves aways & a possible FA Cup away game lined up :-D
Yep a lot of money it's costing me £65 pound to get to derby and that's before I have had a drink
1964white

Post by 1964white »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/613473063?-11130:816

I did say Becchio was our Man Of The Match BB :P :lol: