Leeds v Watford - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Watford - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by Twiggster »

Dimboyslim wrote:Colin just been on Bates Radio says Austin's injury looks like a double fracture. :cry:
Damn! Means The Beast won't resume full training until Wednesday. :twisted:

Seriously tho, I don't care about this shambles of a game - but I truly hope Rodolph's injury isn't as bad as feared.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Well said Twiggs, on a truly horrible day to be a LUFC day, its Rudy's horrendous injury that hurts the most.

Hope the diagnosis once it comes through paints a more positive picture but I fear we have lost him for a very long time :-(
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Rightio my two penneth for what it's worth lol. Listening to the radio commentary Becchio was left out "to teach him a lesson" ok what lesson was that exactly? sit and watch your team go down 6 1 at home. Sit and watch two wingers play with no recognised forward? What was Warnock thinking in his subs so early? What was Lees even doing on the bench never mind coming on as sub? Warnock has lost the plot imo. We at last get to see Hall, great, he comes on amidst this debacle? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

We sounded clueless and it seemed to originate from the manager. I was disappointed that he used the injury to Rudi to deflect from his part in this debacle :evil: Who did he think was going to put the ball in the net from that starting XI?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

becchio bear wrote:Rightio my two penneth for what it's worth lol. Listening to the radio commentary Becchio was left out "to teach him a lesson" ok what lesson was that exactly? sit and watch your team go down 6 1 at home. Sit and watch two wingers play with no recognised forward? What was Warnock thinking in his subs so early? What was Lees even doing on the bench never mind coming on as sub? Warnock has lost the plot imo. We at last get to see Hall, great, he comes on amidst this debacle? :bear:
Couldn't really judge Hall as we were down to 9 when he came on but did look positive!
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

I wonder if Warnock is doing this for badness...he always hated Leeds anyway....what a depressing evening :cry:

...and Ireland lost...i blame Warnock for that as well....ba***rd !!!! :evil:

Thank God my in laws visited in the 2nd half...i might have turned to the devil's buttermilk !!! :beer:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
BorderReiver
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BorderReiver »

weasel wrote:Absolutely disgraceful and I put the majority of the blame with NW.

A) Like BB says absolutely crazy to make 3 subs at half time. As a player manager myself unless it is absolutely essential I am always looking at holding one sub back until the last 15 minutes rather than running the risk.

B) To be a goal down and make 3 substitutions but leave the top scorer on the bench is just ludicrous.

C) The size of the squad isn't the problem. It was still 11 v 11 with a pretty strong bench.

D) 9 of the starting XI were signed by NW. The other 2 were White (who NW was desperate to re-sign) and Byram - our one ray of light this season.

E) NW chooses the tactics. Like also mentioned earlier why have wingers but not play the striker who is best at getting on the end of crosses.

Excuses don't do anything for me. We have been sh*te all season and picked up lucky points. Barring the cup matches I am struggling to think of any matches where we were the better side. Lack of finances is not an excuse. NW took a side that was assemble on a shoestring budget and was on the fringes of the play-offs. It has been his decision who to buy and sell (barring Snodgrass). He has ripped apart a team and made substandard replacements.

TIme to go NW. Leave the door open for GFH.
EXACTLY ...

I hope, if we do eventually get taken over, that the first thing the new owners do is procure a decent manager - the muppet we have now is hopeless. :(
M.O.T.
Sofa Head
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sofa Head »

Gino 1959 wrote:We sounded clueless and it seemed to originate from the manager. I was disappointed that he used the injury to Rudi to deflect from his part in this debacle ...
I agree with you. It was disingenuous of him to use the Austin injury as an excuse to curtail his post-match interview on LUTV. Mind you, he was getting the usual free ride from Eddie Gray. No questions about the baffling nature of his sudden infliction of a 3-5-2 formation on a team struggling for confidence, the accident-waiting-to-happen inclusion of Green in the back three, the lack of discipline shown by the team, or the defending that a mate who was at the game described as "criminal, even for a team down to 9 men". Honeymoon's over, Neil. We know about the off-field problems but you chose to blow a huge chunk of your budget on Kenny & Peltier, and to sign a job lot of one-paced midfielders. It's your team out there. At least have the bollocks to stand up and answer for it.

Edit: forgot to mention the using of all 3 subs with 45 mins to play - a daft risk but, again, no question from Eddie about it.
Last edited by Sofa Head on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Okay Warnock did warn us all that we were going gung-ho today. To be fair i thought we were the better team in the first half....the sending off of Pearce which was a definite red card was the turning point. We created more chances in the first 30 minutes than we have done in our last four home games.
We had two cleared off the line, hit a post & a one-on-one chance that Varney latched onto from a Diouf superb pass.
So playing three at the back with two wing-backs boosted our attacking options although we conceded a soft goal playing the offside trap poorly for the goal & a couple of other scares too. Once we went down to ten men it was always going to be a mammouth task bearing in mind how low our confidence is right now. Austin's horrible injury sealed our fete & the game was over once we were down to nine men altough at 0-2 the Leeds crowd rallied & got behind the team & did try to make a fist of it in a fifteen minute spell. Varney chased a lost cause to gain the penalty which Tonge sweetly converted, unfortunately that was the end of any fightback. Byram & Varney were our best players & Green did well at RB until he was subbed as a consequence of the sending-off to the crowds displeasure. White was awful !
I personally didn't mind us playing the new formation as i thought we looked alot better until the incidents that totally turned the game !
How ironic that Warnock has been relunctant to make substitions until the dying minutes in previous games but made three subs either side of half-time, a massive risk as it was sods law that an Austin type injury would happen, couldn't believe that decision...a sign of desperation from a man who is walking a very fine line....
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Wow. Well, waking up to that score was a bit of a shock.

As I wasn't listening to the radio feed (birthday situations), I had no idea why we shipped so many. Reading through this thread though, it would appear we were actually playing a decent formation, with decent football being played. The downfall seems to be that we had the wrong players in the wrong positions/were not on the pitch and in the second half it went all pear shaped quite quickly.

So, putting aside the result, anyone who was at the game, could you see us going forward with the formation/tactics we played last night (with some tweaking of course)?
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Leeds v Watford - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Just to add...
What a disappointment!! Peltier one of the worst out there today!! Goes with all the rest.. Exept Byram!!!
Relegation battle it looks like lads
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Warnock's decision to use up all his subs by half time when we were already a man down has got to be one of the worst decisions a manager has made since the England boss took Bobby Charlton off against Germany at the 1970 World Cup.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Sorry, but we are going nowhere with Bates at the helm and Warnock as first mate. Several posters have alluded to it on other threads, we need gutting from top to bottom. It's a sad day for me as a Leeds fan when I see that result, am sunk for about 30 seconds, then move on. Apathy; that's Bates legacy to us, that and a team going nowhere, playing for a club in stagnation, supported by fans who seem happiest when they're bickering with each other. Sad times :(

BTW, someone posted a jokey-ish tweet earlier, asking Patel and Haigh if they have crampons and rope. They were right, whoever owns this club has a feckin mountain to climb!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

lufc1304 wrote: BTW, someone posted a jokey-ish tweet earlier, asking Patel and Haigh if they have tampons and dope. They were right,
About right mate, yes! :evil:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Twiggster wrote:
About right mate, yes! :evil:
:roflmao:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Bennyfishel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Bennyfishel »

HO-HUM,.....Relegation is rearing it's ugly head...I reckon 500.000 quid is about all the club is worth (No I wouldn't pay that much for LUFC.)
Sofa Head
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sofa Head »

Bennyfishel wrote:HO-HUM,.....Relegation is rearing it's ugly head...I reckon 500.000 quid is about all the club is worth (No I wouldn't pay that much for LUFC.)
Well, at least people are waking up to the possibility of a relegation scrap now. You tended to get laughed at if you suggested this before the start of the season, but it's an awfully weak squad that we have. A caller on LUTV's post-match phone-in nailed it perfectly for me when he said that we have never recovered from relegation and three years in the third division. No investment, no coherent youth policy, flogging off our best talent - we're reaping what we sowed (or didn't sow). Yesterday was a fiasco, but we shouldn't just shrug our shoulders and say that luck went against us (even if it did). This team has been playing awful non-football for weeks now. I was in favour of Warnock's appointment but I'm fast losing faith in him. Even with all the off-field distractions I would have expected better and to at least see an organised, disciplined team with an idea of what it is supposed to be doing. Yesterday he just seemed to panic and lose the plot completely.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sofa Head wrote:
Well, at least people are waking up to the possibility of a relegation scrap now. You tended to get laughed at if you suggested this before the start of the season, but it's an awfully weak squad that we have. A caller on LUTV's post-match phone-in nailed it perfectly for me when he said that we have never recovered from relegation and three years in the third division. No investment, no coherent youth policy, flogging off our best talent - we're reaping what we sowed (or didn't sow). Yesterday was a fiasco, but we shouldn't just shrug our shoulders and say that luck went against us (even if it did). This team has been playing awful non-football for weeks now. I was in favour of Warnock's appointment but I'm fast losing faith in him. Even with all the off-field distractions I would have expected better and to at least see an organised, disciplined team with an idea of what it is supposed to be doing. Yesterday he just seemed to panic and lose the plot completely.
Game was over once we were down to nine men due to Warnock's incompetence !

Time to go Ken,Shaun, Neil, the majority of the players, Kirwin, that stupid announcer, the chef & the tea-lady :wink: ....our club is a joke from top to bottom as i've posted in the past. We need a thorough-clean with a new broom
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
Game was over once we were down to nine men due to Warnock's incompetence !

Time to go Ken,Shaun, Neil, the majority of the players, Kirwin, that stupid announcer, the chef & the tea-lady :wink: ....our club is a joke from top to bottom as i've posted in the past. We need a thorough-clean with a new broom
Just a manager would be nice.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As you know I was against the signing of most of those Neil bought in. Journeymen all, I like the signings of Pearce and Austin and I like the loan signing of Hall. Everyone else were wrong for Leeds in this position. Including Kenny, A goalkeeper wasn't on top of the list of requirement, but it seemed to me that was the one player NW wanted.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"