Burnley v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
white.riot

Re: Burnley v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by white.riot »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Glad to see we are still singing from the same hymn sheet
It's all a bit sad just now. I expect to hear that Warnock 'has lost the dressing room' if we don't pick up a win or two soon. For the goal we had a half million pound player at LB, the most expensive defender in the division at CB next to the best CB since we left the top flight according to many, with one of the best prospects in the division at RB ( blameless for the goal) and a goalie who cost real money and is in Warnock's opinion the one he would choose over any other in the country. The LB was totally out of position, skinned by an excellent diagonal ball. When the cross came in no one was marking Austin and the goalie was static. Austin is the league's top scorer and he must be 6' tall. You can hardly miss him and you would think Warnock and his coaching staff would have spent a bit of time looking at Austin and thinking how we might deal with him. In one moment we lost the game. To be fair there were others but a defence assembled at some cost (is there a more expensive back 5 in the champs) fluffed it's lines and not for the first time. How much money do folk expect to spend assembling a defence? For all his faults I also thought White our best attacking player last night. He showed plenty of drive and was only let down by his right peg which made it difficult for him to go beyond his man and cross on the run - he managed it a couple of times to good effect and would no doubt have done it more often played on the left. In fact he actually looks quite dangerous running direct through the inside left/right channel. Byram on the other hand was subdued at RB. He is better for us at right midfield. Up top Becchio was poor, played with his back to goal all night. One of the worst sights in football played that way. We all know what he's best at and how to get the best out of him. Diuof - no comment, I'm totally biased. Interesting to know what others thought. Point is that our manager (IMO) made (is making) fundamental mistakes which are robbing us of attacking threat and costing us goals. Despite an horrendous run we are still only 4 points off 6th place I think. So it is all to play for. Football should be the talking point instead we get 100s of column inches explaining why Bates is to blame. Colin's team can (we have seen it in the flesh) and should play better. Bates/GFH and Uncle Tom Cobbley are absolutely nothing to do with wasted corners and poor defending. I happen to hate the way Colin plays football and his values but I love good defending and I want lufc to win games as much as the next man. Colin isn't doing his job very well just now. He needs to step up to the plate or step out of the dugout. We deserve 100% from everyone at the club. Not sure we got that last night from the management team and the players. Interesting too how we threw ourselves into it more after the goal and interesting that Byram was leading from the front. We have one or two who kill our momentum, big stars anall. Picking up a pay packet for players who lack hunger and know promotion will leave them looking for another club has become a bit too easy IMO, it did under Colin's protege which is what Wise had to sort out, unfortunately he didn't quite pull it off. But yes EYW, same hymn sheet.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

I've said it already on another thread, the defence is getting switched around too much to account for rotation and injuries. A good squad depth is 2 players for every position, it's basic and easy to work out, and we currently have 18 players covering 11 positions. The squad is spread too thinly. People have been saying it for weeks that the reason we're conceding is because the players are being moved about all the time. Peltier, Byram, Lees and White all show up to a match not knowing what position they are supposed to be playing. The size of the squad is the chairmans fault. Warnocks already told everyone he hasn't been able to get hold of the finishing touches to his squad because of the budget constraints, so our squad is spread as thinly as it can be. The budget given to the manager is down to the chairman. The chairman wastes millions on unnecessary expenses that I'm not prepared to list again. The squad is thin because we can't afford to add players to it. The chairman said at the end of last season he wanted to trim the squad - so if the thin squad isn't the chairman's fault, who the fucks fault is it? That's how our terrible game is partly his fault. Not entirely, but partly.

On top of that (just to prove that I can agree with riot on something) - Warnock doesn't seem to know what good football is. If he wanted to play hoofball, lump it up field and hope someone gets on the end of it, he could have sold Becchio and brought in somebody who's actually good at that kind of play. Becchio is an excellent goal poacher, and he'll get in the right positions and bang them in for fun if he's given service from the wings and the centre of midfield. He is not the big target man up front. Warnock doesn't seem to know what his best 11 is. His strategy from the start was to bring in flexible players of a better individual standard than who was at the club before. On the whole. I believe the standard of individuals at the club has gone up, but as a team they are shocking. His strategy hasn't worked because the players are being asked to cover too many roles. You can have 1, maybe 2 utility player in a team and it can work great if you need someone to do a job as emergency cover. But you cannot build a squad on it.

Diouf - I know what some people's opinions of him on here are. He looked good at first, he was creating a lot for us and looked a class above any other player in the Championship. Now, I don't know whether he's getting crowded out of the game, he's not getting enough support from his team members or he's actually playing for it, but Diouf getting the ball seems to slow down our play and snub out any attacking threat. He'll often play for the freekick rather than the short pass to open up space. But that might be from higher up. Anybody else notice Warnock's strategy seems to involve playing the set piece game? Even that's not working.

The players. Unfocused, distracted, tired, any word you want to describe it. They are not performing to the best of their abilities. Poor deliveries from crossing, not being able to pick out a pass, not seeming to have any ideas. Not giving the fans anything to cheer about.

The fans! Attacking each other over petty little incidents. "I'm a better fan than you because I blindly follow to every game". "I've simply had enough of being fleeced". "Well you're wrong and I'm right and you're killing the club" "no you're killing the club". Blah, blah, BLAH. Sick of it. Regardless of what your philosophy is, the current state of affairs at Leeds United football club, regardless of who's fault it is, means it's time for bates to go. No matter how he leaves, he's done enough for us. Every day spent with him in charge is a day wasted, and we lose ground on our opponents. Some believe the way to get rid of him is to starve him of the only thing keeping him at Leeds - money. Others think that staying away damages the club. For both parties, and I seriously mean it, because I have had a lot of time to think of it and I am very much NEITHER, because it doesn't matter any more - GET OVER IT. Like the some people are gay campaign. Get over it. Because this infighting is doing nobody any good. A poor attitude and lack of respect for your fellow Leeds fan, REGARDLESS of what his or her views are, is DAMAGING to the club, it's dividing the fans and enough is enough.

And the most disgustingly insulting part of it all, the hardest pill to swallow, the most gut-wrenchingly heartbreaking part of it all is that my HALF TIME TEA IS COLD.

So there. That's how everything at the club is entirely wrong. From chairman to tea lady, nobody is getting it right.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
You obviously have no idea what went on behind the scenes at ER last season Kyle

Larry did well at Leeds but i insist he achieved the maximum limit he could in his role at ER

Time for a proper manager to run our club,,,i have no doubt we'll be looking in the wrong direction once again !
Yes and I am sure everyone on here knows exactly what happened as well :roll:

I don't care for a manager who can talk, I care for a manager who can get results and play decent football. Warnock can talk and keep the PR side of things ticking over, but at the end of the day he is not the right manager for the club. He isnt getting results and HIS team are playing like crap. At least we still had a decent shot of making the six last year with Grayson in charge. When warnock took over, we only went south.

You can say that they were Graysons players and they were crap, but that would just highlight how well Grayson was doing with a crap team, no?

Everyone, including clubs have rough times and I believe this was one of those times for Grayson. Given the time, I feel he would have taken us a long way. He was and is definitely a better manager of LUFC then Warnock has been.

So, in short, i am not here to discuss who Grayson shagged or what his favourite colours are. I am merely stating that he is a better manager of this club than Warnock. Warnock needs to prove a lot to make me change my mind.

However, although I think he is a complete tosspot at the moment for making stupid decisions, he is still the manager of our club and will receive the support. I will still be hoping he can turn things around and prove me wrong.