Leeds United vs Birmingham City

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Leeds United vs Birmingham City

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Leeds United won their match against Birmingham City. This intense match was on Saturday at Elland Road. It was Kalvin Phillips who hit the only goal of the game. Leeds United scored five times in their opening, six home games and has dominated the first half. Let’s see how the match went.

Lukas Jutkiewicz went into a late tackle on Stuart Dallas, before Alioski fired wide. The outcome was a free-kick. Helder Costa blocked the ball after a superb back-heel from Bamford who made an opening. Camp then ducked the ball to safety after Dallas seized on the rebound on 38 minutes.

Ivan Sunjic, the defensive midfielder for Birmingham went into the book! That's after he went through the back of Alioski. He put himself at risk and went on a run just before half-time. Dallas was getting away from the end of a Bamford pass and it was into first-half stoppage time.

Leeds United took Eddie Nketiah at half-time. Nketiah stated his desire to grow and get more starting chances during the week. Ben White made a courageous block on 59 minutes to prevent Alvaro Gimenez from getting a shot away. Just then, Jutkiewicz had a long-range shot saved. In the end, Leeds finally found an opening goal when Phillips positioned the ball under Camp. With the keeper knowing he should have done better.

Anybody can experience an extreme turn of events even when watching a match or playing online. Do you want to get the same feel? We have the right game for you. Football Star at Kitty Bingo grants rewarding features. A boring spin into a super exciting one. And you know what’s exceptional? You can access the game at any convenient time and play on any device. The choice is yours!

Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa said:
It was a really important match for us to win. I am not happy with how we closed the game out. After we scored, we could have finished the match and we gave them the ball and let them control the chances. We have one of the best first halves we have played. We started the second half with some doubt and after the goal, we had three chances to finish the match and from then little by little we allowed the opponent to control the ball. When they have the ball they will have chances to score. Phillips is playing at Leeds and now he will stay in the history of the club for this goal. We were very focused on the match. The team showed that throughout the match in every moment. It was difficult for us to score in the first half, but it was a great performance. I am proud to have this job at a club with such an important history. The history of the club is very impressive and that increases the duty I have.

Pep Clotet on the other hand said:
Apart from the high possession that Leeds usually have, our team had more shots than then, it was very even numbers. We knew it would be a difficult match ahead against a team that has been so good for a year and a half. We could sit deep and defend our box or take the game to Leeds, that is the game we did and I think we deserved more. We could not turn a very good performance into a result. I saw a lot of positive points.