Promotion chance or mid table finish?

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
areeve1605
Ballboy
Ballboy

Promotion chance or mid table finish?

Post by areeve1605 »

We are entering the start of pre-season, a time for fans to have a look at the new players that have joined, a time to judge whether or not this team would be capable of great things for the new season…

But I'm not confident as to whether or not the team, including those we are heavily linked with, can mount a serious promotion assault on the Championship this coming season. Looking at the squad without those whose futures are undecided and with those we are strongly linked with, the squad could look something like this:

Kenny, Cairns, Kisnorbo (inj), Pearce, Lees, Bromby (inj), Crainie (trial), Peltier (?), Drury, Taylor, Pugh, Green, Norris (?), Austin (?), Thompson, Snodgrass, Rogers, Becchio, Somma (inj), Gray (trial…sort of) and lastly Varney (?).

I don’t know about you but looking at that squad I'm not sure they would be enough to get us up there. I think the signings we have made are a good platform to build on but we need that little bit more quality. Trawling through websites at players available on free transfers who are quality players that could add to this team and that are realistic signings, making in my opinion our team strong enough to be in the promotion frame are Paul Scharner, Somen Tchoyi, Zak Whitbread, Ricardo Fuller, Ákos Buzsáky and Grétar Steinsson. With a mix of youth that we have available as well that could push for a first team place, Dom Poleon springs to mind, I think we would be a force to be reckoned with. All of these players have a bit of bite about them, determination and fire in their bellies, something Leeds United teams have missed in the past few years.

However, I'm not the manager and my opinion of what I think would be a great team doesn’t really matter but Neil Warnock’s decisions and opinions do matter and it’ll be interesting to see if we add those we are strongly linked with or if he will come out and surprise us like with the Drury signing. Only time will tell and I'm looking forward to seeing what our manager has up his sleeve. I think he’s the best manager we could ask for in this division and the one that could finally get us back to the Premiership.

Here’s hoping this time next year we’ll be looking forward to Premiership fixtures.

Article by Amanda Reeve
Cheeswire

Re: Promotion chance or mid table finish?

Post by Cheeswire »

If Warnock goes....with the current squad less Snodgrass & Macormack we go down.

If Warnock stays...the same squad might scrape 14th again or something.

Promotion? Absolutely no chance whatsoever.