Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by Leeds1000 »

We would be spending the £40-50m just to have the same team has we have now. Throw another £18m in for Augustin if we end up having to pay for him? We are at £60m before we can look at building on what we have. I just don't see AR throwing that kind of money around.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:56 pm It hasnt been a shoestring no but i just look at some of the players who have been in this league recently and cant help but feeling, couldn't we have given him much better?

Buendia cost £2mil
Bryan Mbuemo and Said Benrahma cost £10mil between them.
Brice Samba at Forest only cost £1.8mil
Adam Armstrong cost about £2mil.

I dont think we have bad players but i dont think we have a top 2 squad, maybe top 6.

After 3 years and £50mil plus of sales iwould have hoped to have a top 2 squad and for the Boss to have the best tools available..

I dont think thats the case and thats a shame. If this squad gets promoted they will never be forgotten, but Bielsa will deserve the most credit and i actually think the board know that. You appoint Bielsa to make the best of whats available, thats what he does.
Always easy picking out the good £2m players after the event, many more than that done sweet FA

I’m just pleased our club is run on a sound financial basis for a change, the gambles we have made have been calculated and not something that would hamstring us for years to come if they don’t play out - for that the board deserve huge credit, this sack Orta because of JKA nonsense - maybe the team who did his medical are to blame, maybe the team who oversaw his return to training and caused a recurrence of an existing injury but the DOF who secured a player who is widely regarded as verging on CL quality to come to the championship and who PHil Hay states Bielsa openly admires, seems like he did a good job to me.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:42 pm Always easy picking out the good £2m players after the event, many more than that done sweet FA

I’m just pleased our club is run on a sound financial basis for a change, the gambles we have made have been calculated and not something that would hamstring us for years to come if they don’t play out - for that the board deserve huge credit, this sack Orta because of JKA nonsense - maybe the team who did his medical are to blame, maybe the team who oversaw his return to training and caused a recurrence of an existing injury but the DOF who secured a player who is widely regarded as verging on CL quality to come to the championship and who PHil Hay states Bielsa openly admires, seems like he did a good job to me.
Agree we’re one of the best run clubs in the country which compared to our last 20 years is massive. This board had seen the vast majority of the squad come in and has built our youth set up again and has made us a category 1 academy .
There have been plenty of mistakes made but we have utilised every bit of our spending power and it has got us to a pretty decent position, let’s hope we have enough to get over the line
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Phillips Season Over

Post by gessa »

If the rumour mill is to be believed, Kalvin will miss Barnsley and perhaps Derby too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Phillips out next 2 games?

Post by The Subhuman »

For?

Birth of his first child?
Suspension
Injured
Kidnapped and held on Leon's coach ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Getting his hair done?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:54 pm For?

Kidnapped and held on Leon's coach ?
:-D :lol:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:27 pm Getting his hair done?
Does that mean Alioski's out, too?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:42 am Does that mean Alioski's out, too?
Without a doubt
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

For?
I'm sure he will have cystic myxomatosis and will be unable to hop to it!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Wore strapping on his left knee for the second half on Sunday, looked to be giving him some discomfort. Phil Hay said on Monday that Bielsa thought he had a good chance of playing Thursday.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

We can but hope
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Or dear, not what we needed as we push for those crucial final points
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Not ideal but White's more than capable. Nothing's stopping us now.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:41 am Not ideal but White's more than capable. Nothing's stopping us now.
Ben has done that job in the past and Berra can step into White's place.
As Mr Lennon said "A Spaniard in the works" and we will be OK. :-D :roflmao: :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I noticed that he had strapping on his thigh.

Rest for Thursday adnlet him heal.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Bielsa on Phillips: "It is a problem in the knee and probably is not going to be involved in the next three matches."
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Nothing seems to run smoothly at Leeds, we should be o.k. though

Sad for Kalvin who must be devastated he can't contribute in our last three games & experience the joyous celebratory scenes of this very special season
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Phillips Season Over

Post by Sara »

A sad blow, this, although he hasn't looked at his best since we came back.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Phillips Season Over

Post by John in Louisiana »

Gutted for the young man. He deserves to be on the pitch when we clinch promotion (assuming we do so).