Championship Next Season....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Championship Next Season....

Post by 1964white »

We must get out of this league

Norwich relegated, Villa & Bournemouth looking doomed, all three will be strong next season plus one or maybe two of the current top four teams could be in the championship too!

Coventry one of the longest serving First Division teams prior to their slump down the leagues are also back in the championship, the sky blues can't be mugs as they have played all their home games at Birmingham's ground in their quest to win League One

Come on Leeds promotion is essential as next season will be even more competitive
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Championship Next Season....

Post by Ratscoot »

Is going to be s**t as Leeds United won’t be playing there next season Come On Leeeeeeeds MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:We must get out of this league

Norwich relegated, Villa & Bournemouth looking doomed, all three will be strong next season plus one or maybe two of the current top four teams could be in the championship too!

Coventry one of the longest serving First Division teams prior to their slump down the leagues are also back in the championship, the sky blues can't be mugs as they have played all their home games at Birmingham's ground in their quest to win League One

Come on Leeds promotion is essential as next season will be even more competitive
I remember that being mentioned before but look at Stoke and Huddersfield, they're very close to going down again but it looks like Wigan will save them.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

Villa took a massive gamble and it's seriously backfired. They will have to sell Grealish and Mings, just to balance the books. A mate who's a ST holder says there is a lot of inhouse fighting too in the boardroom, blame being laid for some poor or average signings, apparently Smith only got 2 signings he wanted, the others were bought by their 'Orta'. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them down for at least a couple of seasons.
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

if we do not go up this season (God forbid) we are likely to spend the next 10 years in the championship....or worse as we will lose MB, cant see him staying for another season in second tier
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

currently we have 1 point less than this time last season, but with a 3 point cushion to third place in both seasons

the similarity is uncanny

ended up getting 1 point from last 4 games last season....please God, this time we finish the job

1 Norwich City, England Norwich City 42 25 11 6 85:51 34 86
2 Leeds United, England Leeds United 42 25 7 10 69:42 27 82
3 Sheffield United, England Sheffield United 42 23 10 9 69:39 30 79
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Peter in Blackpool wrote:currently we have 1 point less than this time last season, but with a 3 point cushion to third place in both seasons

ended up getting 1 point from last 4 games last season....please God, this time we finish the job

Currently we don't look like caving in but Fulham and Brentford are ready to pounce just in case we do. A point at least today ensures we are still top 2 going into the Barnsley game but I do wonder how it would affect them psychologically if they dropped out being so close to the line.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:34 am if we do not go up this season (God forbid) we are likely to spend the next 10 years in the championship....or worse as we will lose MB, cant see him staying for another season in second tier
And Kalvin without any doubt & with Pablo another year older next season wouldn't bode well

Promotion & the world could be our oyster

Massive difference between going up & remaining we currently are!

I've said we'll win this league from day one so hopefully we won't endure such consequences
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:28 am Villa took a massive gamble and it's seriously backfired. They will have to sell Grealish and Mings, just to balance the books. A mate who's a ST holder says there is a lot of inhouse fighting too in the boardroom, blame being laid for some poor or average signings, apparently Smith only got 2 signings he wanted, the others were bought by their 'Orta'. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them down for at least a couple of seasons.
Reassuring mate.

I'd love to see Smith fired (a nasty unsporting man) & Villa appoint another plonker
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:09 am Currently we don't look like caving in but Fulham and Brentford are ready to pounce just in case we do. A point at least today ensures we are still top 2 going into the Barnsley game but I do wonder how it would affect them psychologically if they dropped out being so close to the line.

I feel we are stronger mentally & as a unit

Injuries/red cards/bad luck hit us hard last season.
We are tighter at the back conceded 8 goals less, best defence in the league.
We've scored one less this season but I feel we have more attacking options with Costa, Ayling (fully fit) & Dallas who is a permanent fixture in our first XI
Having Pablo on the bench gives us a game-changer, last season we had frigging Izzy Brown, also Alioski, Douglas & Berardi have proved their worth coming on as subs

Hope I haven't spoken too soon on the above points
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Let’s not even contemplate this. We’re going up. The end
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

A nice early goal for us please . Whatever happens just get the first goal.

mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

they will be very happy we are not there
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mav wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:13 pm they will be very happy we are not there
I think they'll miss us badly especially once grounds open again ...full stadiums and an FA cup final for everyone once a season? They'll miss us
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Steady lads we ain't up yet

Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:22 am A nice early goal for us please . Whatever happens just get the first goal.

...but a nice late goal will be even sweeter
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:46 am currently we have 1 point less than this time last season, but with a 3 point cushion to third place in both seasons

....and there gentleman the similarity ends

just one more win needed
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Peter in Blackpool wrote:
...but a nice late goal will be even sweeter
It certainly was .
Championys !!

mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:46 pm I think they'll miss us badly especially once grounds open again ...full stadiums and an FA cup final for everyone once a season? They'll miss us
the sides looking for promotion will be happier, the rest not so much I agree.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Nearly there folks, the Championship will be a lot poorer next season without Leeds United (the Football League must be gutted) but, hopefully, the Premiership will be a lot more interesting. Let’s face it, no matter how hard Sky and the BBC try to build it up, it’s been a bit of a snoozefest this year!