The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th July) - West Brom and Brentford results put pressure back on Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th July) - West Brom and Brentford results put pressure back on Leeds

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It would be a bit of a shame if we finished second rather than first after the season we’ve had but so long as we finish top two I wouldn’t be too bothered. We have the “luxury” of being able to lose one and draw one of these last 5 matches and still go up automatically. As it stands right now I would rather be in our shoes than in Brentford’s.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 9th July) - West Brom and Brentford results put pressure back on Leeds

Post by Chilli D »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm :poo: Too much information Chilli :shock:
:) :) :)
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:48 pm It would be a bit of a shame if we finished second rather than first after the season we’ve had but so long as we finish top two I wouldn’t be too bothered. We have the “luxury” of being able to lose one and draw one of these last 5 matches and still go up automatically. As it stands right now I would rather be in our shoes than in Brentford’s.
My thoughts exactly. A title is great, but ultimately no guarantee of anything other than we have won this league. I don't think Norwich fans are consoling themselves with that knowledge right now.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:I think we may have to win out for a successful season, might get away with a draw. Don't really want to settle for yet another second place or runners up. Second would be a let down for me even if it does mean Premiership football...We have the best team with the best manager and have lead this league for most of the season.
The best team is the one which finishes top. We are best placed to finish top but whether we do or not depends on these last five games and if the players are up to it. If they aren't they won't finish top or even 2nd so therefore over 46 games they will not be recognised as the best team. In their own heads they believe they are the best....proving it is another matter altogether which is something we've been short-changed with over the years.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Chilli D wrote: I'm expecting to need a nervous poo around 4:50pm
Not long to go now ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Today's Breakfast debate is coming. It deleted itself, so having to type it up again. Prob around 9.30