The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th June)Leeds deserve to be top of the Championship - Harris

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th June)Leeds deserve to be top of the Championship - Harris

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 19th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

EFL Clubs stand together against discrimination and in support of NHS

Players from all EFL Clubs are taking part in a video promoting respect, equality and support for our fellow colleagues and members of the wider community who may be subject to discrimination. The video will be played prior to each EFL game as well as multiple social media platforms. As well as the video campaign, the League will support players who wish to ‘take a knee’ before or during matches in support of the Black Lives Matter message. EFL Chairman, Rick Parry, said...

There is no place for racism in society and the EFL is committed to working collaboratively to eradicate prejudiced behaviour at all levels. The EFL has a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination but we need to do more to drive change by learning from past mistakes and lead from the front in speaking out against racism and discrimination of any kind. Football has the power to unite, and we must come together to challenge discrimination and celebrate diversity in order to improve and change attitudes throughout the game.

In addition to this activity taking place, the EFL will also say thank you to NHS key workers at fixtures across this weekend. Players will wear shirts featuring an ‘NHS Rainbow – Thank You’ emblem and a period of applause will take place prior to all matches from 18-21 June 2020, as Clubs and players collectively display their gratitude for those working on the frontline.

Bielsa's press conference - Hernandez out

Marcelo Bielsa took his first Press conference in over three months prior to Sundays clash against Cardiff City.

Leeds deserve to be top - Harris

Neil Harris has revealed during his press conference that Leeds deserve to be top of the table, and he hopes Leeds are not at full strength for their visit to the Cardiff City Stadium.

I am trying to keep things close to my chest. We will see the same from Leeds as well. We saw Sheffield United’s team [on Wednesday], that, in my opinion, weakened their team and gave an advantage to the opponent. I think that’s going to be the norm for the next three and a half weeks

Asked about the absence of Hernandez, he said...

He’s a top player. He’s a super player and his physical output is astounding and a player I admire a lot at the level we play at. Leeds deserve to be top of the table because of how they’ve been over the course of the season. They have invested heavily in the setup there so it will be a great test for us. They are regarded as one of the fittest and fastest teams in the division.

But sometimes you want to put down a marker, but if we play at our best then we have got a chance to put a marker down for the rest of the season. We have to focus on ourselves as a small, mini-season. I spoke to the players about hitting the ground running and laying that marker down.

We have an opportunity to do that on Sunday. We are right at the business end of the season.

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th June)Leeds deserve to be top of the Championship - Harris

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Glad to see that the NHS are being recognised in all EFL games, thoroughly deserved.

Disappointing that Pablo is going to miss the Cardiff game but not as much of a worry as some people are suggesting. It's up to whoever replaces him to take their chance.

Cardiff away at any time is a tough game but without the crowd behind them it could help us. A draw wouldn't be a disaster.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th June)Leeds deserve to be top of the Championship - Harris

Post by BGwhite »

At least match Fulham's result and then beat them at home and it would take an absolute capitulation of form - even by Leeds' standards to not go up.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Hello all, hope everyone's staying safe and looking after families.

I think we're going to smash Cardiff. Straight run now to the end, let's do it.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

streaming links will come on 30 mins before kick off

https://reddit.soccerstreams.net/home

Fulham v Brentford KO 12.30