The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th March) Season to be postponed until 1st June

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th March) Season to be postponed until 1st June

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 24th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds came close to signing Erling Haaland

According to Phil Hay, Leeds came very close to signing striking sensation Erling Haaland, son of former Leeds midfielder Alfe Inge Haaland. The 19 year old has netted nine times in eight appearance for German giants Borussia Dortmund since his 20m transfer from Red Bull Salzburg where he scored sixteen times in only 14 appearances.

Erling was born in Leeds, and often claimed he was not only a Leeds fan, but wanted to play for the Whites one day. According to Hay, Leeds made an approach for Haaland 18 months ago.

Haaland, then just turning 18, would have sat behind Leeds’ highest earners on the wage behind at the time, players such as Pontus Jansson and Samuel Saiz, but they were willing to offer a salary above that of many of their first-team players.

The pitch from Elland Road came with the usual promise of regular games and a pathway to bigger things.

Unfortunately for Leeds, Salzburg came in with a massive offer, and Haaland moved to Austria instead!

Season to be postponed til 1st June

It has been announced that the Championship season is unlikely to resume before 1 June, with players returning to their clubs at the beginning of May to give them time to get fully match fit. The news was reported to 'Football Insider' by an unnamed Championship club.

If this is correct, shouldn't the Leeds players take a well deserved break? No, I'm not talking about a fortnight in Italy, but a break from training to allow their bodies to repair themselves from months of rigorous torture? If they stop training, is is like starting from stage one again?

Neville - playing against Leeds was brutal

Soccer pundit Gary Neville has told Sky Sports that playing against Leeds United was 'brutal', but wants to see the Whites back in the top fight. The former Manchester United legend went on to say that the rivalry with Leeds was even nastier than the rivalry with Liverpool.

Particularly when we went to play at Leeds, it was brutal. Probably more brutal than Liverpool in some ways. The rivalry between Liverpool and United is huge, but the Leeds-Manchester United rivalry is almost like a deep hatred.

There’s a little bit of respect between Liverpool and Manchester, but with Leeds, it just felt like there was a real nastiness - like they would come on the pitch if they could, it was that type of feeling.

Leeds, I always felt was a huge club when we were playing against them, I always felt it was a big club. You want them back, absolutely. When people ask ‘what is a big club?’, I always think Leeds United, because it’s just the feeling you get when you go and play football there, it’s unbelievable, it’s different, it’s a different place to play football.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th March) Season to be postponed until 1st June

Post by Cjay »

Its good to know we really did try to get Haaland.

Always wondered how much of an effort we made, glad we made a proper effort.

Good old Gary talking sense as usual.

Read today Derby are in talls with Michael Dell, one of the richest men in the world regarding a takeover or a significant investment.

Always found it baffling how other clubs seem to get this, Wolves, Villa etc but we never do but hey ho.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th March) Season to be postponed until 1st June

Post by Ellandback1 »

I've been quarantined!!!!!!!!!!

I received a Government text yesterday saying I have been identified as someone of severe risk of the CoronaVirus and I'm not allowed out for at least 12 weeks.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:39 am I've been quarantined!!!!!!!!!!

I received a Government text yesterday saying I have been identified as someone of severe risk of the CoronaVirus and I'm not allowed out for at least 12 weeks.
Good luck Matt. hope it all turns out well for you.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

That's not good news!

Stay safe & get well soon Matt
gessa

Post by gessa »

Blimey Matt.
Hope all turns out eell mate
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Regardless of when the season resumes everyone is in the same boat. It's down to Bielsa and his boys to make sure we are fit and ready to go although it will feel strange to everybody that there's just 9 games to play. The layoff may well have played right into our hands , giving us time to re-charge and get a full squad fit. We were on a roll but there's nothing to say we can't get straight back on it .
Championys !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

For what reason if you don't mind me asking...feel free to ignore
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Seems a bit optimistic atm with infection rates accelerating. An early June start though would mean a mid to late July finish
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:15 am For what reason if you don't mind me asking...feel free to ignore
I'm a bad ashtmatic.

If I get a chest infection, it would ofter hospitalise me.

This is what I was sent

111111 copy.jpg
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Blimey! Stay safe EB.
At least you've got plenty of free time to continue your excellent breakfast debate posts!
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 am I'm a bad ashtmatic.

This is what I was sent

111111 copy.jpg
blimey, that means you cannot make love to your wife or bath your kids
gessa

Post by gessa »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:42 pm blimey, that means you cannot make love to your wife or bath your kids

Matt's gay but you weren't to know mate. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 am I'm a bad ashtmatic.

This is what I was sent

111111 copy.jpg
I know what that's like ...Been a while since I was hospitalized with it though. I've had two very and long bouts of Bronchitis the second time saw me off work for about 4 months and for the first three I needed to rest for a minute on the stairs halfway up...

Look after yourself it should be needless to say...and good luck
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

:shock: Look after yourself EB :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Does anybody find it a bit worrisome that the government has a database of your medical records... knows your telephone number, and can send you text messages?

What other information do they have on you... political persuasion, sexual preference, religion, ethnicity, address and precise GPS location?

Sounds like it is straight out of Orwell's 1984.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

rab_rant wrote:
Does anybody find it a bit worrisome that the government has a database of your medical records... knows your telephone number, and can send you text messages?

What other information do they have on you... political persuasion, sexual preference, religion, ethnicity, address and precise GPS location?

Sounds like it is straight out of Orwell's 1984.
My first thought was whether thay knew Matt's inside-leg measurement too.