Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Coronavirus - Face Masks Compulsory

Post by Sara »

00281EDC-FA93-41F4-9316-341BE84028EF.jpeg
Off to Dorset camping tomorrow. This was the campsite last August, so I don't think there'll be too many crowds this time around.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:59 pm I very much hope you get your holiday.

I was planning on hopping a plane to the UK to be in Leeds for the day we (hopefully) earn promotion, but Americans are persona non grata right now (and with good reason, I'm afraid).
Thanks John, we need a break
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:05 pm 00281EDC-FA93-41F4-9316-341BE84028EF.jpeg

Off to Dorset camping tomorrow. This was the campsite last August, so I don't think there'll be too many crowds this time around.
Dorset is lovely
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:30 pm Dorset is lovely
It is. Isle of Purbeck and the jurassic coastline.

We will be out walking, and possibly stopping at secluded coves for a dip. Decided to go on the spur of the moment, based on the weather forecast.

Regularly go to the same farm, and it's booking only this time. I doubt there'll be anyone there.
hector

Post by hector »

This is me in my new LUFC face mask...

Mrs H said she didn't recognise me in it.... :shock: :shock:

:) :)

20200715_111814.jpg
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Coronavirus

Post by Leeds1000 »

It must be a scary time to work in a bank or post office. Copper, can you describe the attacker, well the had a mask on so it was difficult. Hector proves the point. :) Although if robbing a bank it would be fitting to wear a Millwall mask. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just announced that people arriving in the UK from Spain after midnight shall have to quarantine for two weeks. Can't understand why anyone would want holiday abroad so soon after ease down :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Spikes occurring all over the UK....I wonder why??

Could it be people treating Covid as if had gone away

No social distancing at :

BLM demonstrations
Leeds/Liverpool fans celebrating
Crowded beaches
650,000 Brits jollying in Spain
Pubs reopening

I wouldn't be surprised that we will be back in lockdown in the next few weeks

Yet another holiday possibly down the pan in September

Thank you to all the selfish b*****ds :chair:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:26 am Spikes occurring all over the UK....I wonder why??

Could it be people treating Covid as if had gone away

No social distancing at :

BLM demonstrations
Leeds/Liverpool fans celebrating
Crowded beaches
650,000 Brits jollying in Spain
Pubs reopening

I wouldn't be surprised that we will be back in lockdown in the next few weeks

Yet another holiday possibly down the pan in September

Thank you to all the selfish b*****ds :chair:
A lot of scientists are arguing that any surge in cases, be it now or in the winter, will not be a 'second wave' as being quoted by Boris and reported in the media because the virus is still very much here and as such it is not a second wave but a resurgence of the first wave.
Why anyone would go on holiday abroad at the moment is beyond me.
We even soul searched about our Lake District holiday but we went and made sure we socially distanced and had plenty of hand sanitiser available in the car at all times. We also wore face masks even though it wasn't mandatory at the time.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:39 am A lot of scientists are arguing that any surge in cases, be it now or in the winter, will not be a 'second wave' as being quoted by Boris and reported in the media because the virus is still very much here and as such it is not a second wave but a resurgence of the first wave.
Why anyone would go on holiday abroad at the moment is beyond me.
We even soul searched about our Lake District holiday but we went and made sure we socially distanced and had plenty of hand sanitiser available in the car at all times. We also wore face masks even though it wasn't mandatory at the time.
I know it's very difficult & frustrating Chilli

The lockdown eased the week after our planned Cornish holiday, wouldn't have gone if it had been the following week as every man, woman & their sprogs were polluting our coastlines.

I have a client who is due back from Spain in the next few days whom of course will have to self-isolate for a couple of weeks, he did say he'd contact me in early August, if he does he can expect a sharp response from me, any business dealings can wait until the end of next month. When I asked my client what possessed him to travel to Spain he replied "it maybe my last chance to holiday abroad should a spike occurs, it will be alright" I shook my head in despair!

What is doing my head in is all the selfish holidaymakers moaning & complaining saying "I didn't expect this" expecting the travel companies to hand out refunds, had they shown a little more restraint, patience & common-sense they wouldn't be in a predicament
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Going on holiday?
Get your tickets straight away for the holiday of a life time.
Price of Admission your mind.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lockdown tightened in parts of northern England

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

Separate households will not be allowed to meet indoors in Greater Manchester, East Lancashire and parts of West Yorkshire from midnight, the government has announced."The spread is largely due to households meeting and not abiding to social distancing," he said.

He also said the same restrictions will apply to the city of Leicester.

The areas that will have tighter restrictions are Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees.

"We take this action with a heavy heart, but we can see increasing rates of Covid across Europe and are determined to do whatever is necessary to keep people safe," Mr Hancock.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Selfish Brits heading back home from France before tomorrow's 4am deadline so they can avoid a imposed two weeks self-isolation.......KNOBS!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ecli ... X/fulltext

"The findings of this country level analysis on COVID-19 related health outcomes suggest that low levels of national preparedness, scale of testing, as well as population characteristics such as obesity, advanced age and higher per capita GDP are associated with increased national case load and mortality."

"Government actions such as border closures, full lockdowns, and a high rate of COVID-19 testing were not associated with statistically significant reductions in the number of critical cases or overall mortality."
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

This,
Obesity and general poor health the major contributors. Old age unfortunately there is isn't a great deal we can do to tackle but the other two should be the the responsibility of ever individual to get right.
Alll to easy to blame the gov , food industry or anyone else for your own short comings.
One of my pet hates Obesity.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Ok, here goes, I've kept quiet on this, but it's time to put my view on this to you guys....
The flu has killed more people than cv19 this year
The youngsters these days think they are immune, whilst getting fatter on junk food (processed death imho)
Any anilyist can manipulate figures to say what they need them to say!
98% of people who contract cv19 survive, the ones that dont, 93% have underling health problems.........
IMHO, it's a stage managed 'problem' to scare monger the population to accept totallitaion government control .....
discuss ..............it's just my two penneth
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think the H1N1 virus (2009) was probably worse, infecting 60 million plus in the US alone, and it hit the young and middle aged hard rather than the elderly. No real social media spreading fear back then of course. We just went about life as we normally did, as we did for the 1918 Spanish Flu
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Let good old Vernon have his say.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Let's have another Vernon rant, just to put the cat amongst the pigeon.
What are all those BLM rioters thinking not wearing masks?
What are Leeds fans doing by not observing social distancing when they celebrated promotion.
Something is happening here but you don't know what it is... do you Mr Jones?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very interesting pieces those. Personally I agree entirely
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"