Hail Lord Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Hail Lord Bamford

Post by Cjay »

:)

Pleased for him.

He has come in for a lot of stick, cant be nice.

Not just from the fans but the media as well.

"With a better striker Leeds would be out of sight".
"Shouldn't have sold Roofe"
Bamford isn't clinical enough".

All may be true, he hasn't been clinical enough, maybe they shouldn't have sold Roofe.

On the other hand.

Paddy is crucial to how we play, we saw that whenever Eddie played, we didn't look right somehow.
Roofe has got 1 in 6 in one of the weakest leagues in Europe and is either injured again or has been dropped (not in the last 2 squads)
And Paddy isn't the only player who hasn't been scoring enough and has missed sitters, Klich the other day, Harrison has missed a large chunk (including ironically the one he should have scored just before Paddy's 1st), Costa, Forshaw, Dallas etc they all been wasting chances.
Paddy is the joint 4th top scorer in the league and averages a goal every 182 minutes (basically 1 in 2).

He has gotten some stick for his hands over ears celebration as well, ive no problem with that, if we want to dish it out have to be able to take it.

Feel a bit sorry for Bamford, he hasn't been clinical enough, he has taken a lot of stick from all comers, he cant really argue that he hasn't been clinical enough based on chances we create.

But he hasn't been alone and because of the wastefulness of others he has had the whole weight of our goal scoring responsibilities basically on his shoulders.

Very excited to see how JKA does, hopefully his arrival will coincide with Hernandez, Harrison, Costa and co finding their shooting boots and the burden will be released from Paddy so much.

I think if that happens Paddy will score more because the pressure on every chance wont be so great.

Well played your lordship :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hail Lord Bamford

Post by Norm »

You put a mountain of work into every one of your posts Cjay and I like just about everything you say, but even if I don't agree with your POV, I like the way you present it.

Well done young man!

tbh I'm not sure how our new players are ever going to get a game atm but the potential is enormous.

In Bielsa we trust
hector

Post by hector »

Sorry but 2 goals does not a striker make......

The reason other players are now missing goals is because our main chappie is putting them under pressure to score as he is missing loads.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

Sorry but 2 goals does not a striker make......

The reason other players are now missing goals is because our main chappie is putting them under pressure to score as he is missing loads.
..but at least he is trying, as his latest 2 predatory goals will attest. It doesn't make him a failure, just someone who is trying to play catch-up competently.
hector

Post by hector »

I agree he is trying, but we want success not attempts.... attempts does not win the league, goals do, and a striker who does not score is not gonna work for a whole season.

He should not have to be trying to play catch up though.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

H, he just scored 2, admittedly after a lean spell, but what effect is our latest win going to have on the rest of the ELC?
We've gone top in a thoroughly deserved manner and reinforced our promotion intent.

There's not much else to be said, except that long may this kind of result pave the road we have to travel!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Caption this!!!Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hey guys, I can hear the ocean
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:02 am Caption this!!!Image

Er guys...I did the superglue thing again...
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant wrote:Caption this!!!Image

Silence is golden.

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant wrote:Caption this!!!Image

Hey Rambo Bambo my ears are getting cold too... give me back my gloves.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

https://youtu.be/8RmZILn8F7A

Perhaps he heard the commentator for the firstLeeds first goal "even I could have scored from there"
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I was going for my eyes and missed?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Scoring goals in batches of games then nothing for long stretches always has always will, he’s an ok striker but will never be great and we need great.

I accepted the first season as bedding in plus he had a long stretch out with injury, but this season I don’t see him doing any better, he only seems to play when he can be arsed refer you to Wendies and QPR, he loves taking the plaudits after he’s scored two against Scumwall but he missed at least two guilt edged chances prior to that and how many against other clubs that my Nan would have scored.

I don’t expect him to be dropped for JKA as Bielsa doesn’t do that sort of thing so fingers and everything else crossed that he goes on a run of scoring games now.

I leave it to someone else to mention the coincidence of us signing a quality striker and him suddenly scoring :roll:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bamford scored two goals & worked his socks off v Millwall, the constant closing down of their keeper & a dodgy CB was brilliant, unsure what more we could expect from Paddy on Tuesday night.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

The problem here, as others have pointed out, is for every one of the other night's games there are two or more QPR games, where his large requirement of chances costs us points, and missing a penalty is nigh unforgivable.

Most of us have nothing personal against him, if he carries on scoring then it's all good. I feel for the guy sometimes but I don't think it's unreasonable for fans of a promotion-chasing team to have expectations of their main striker, especially fans who've been through at much heartbreak as Leeds fans.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:44 am Bamford scored two goals & worked his socks off v Millwall, the constant closing down of their keeper & a dodgy CB was brilliant, unsure what more we could expect from Paddy on Tuesday night.
Score better than one in 12 throughout the season..One swallow does not a summer make
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Also worth mentioning that Bamford is 26 and in his prime, and probably has his own doubts to go along with many fans' certainty that he just isn't good enough a main striker for the premier league. If he was then at his age he would be playing there already.

JKA is 22, yet to hit his peak and has regularly been affiliated with Champions League level clubs. It won't be lost on Bamford that the young lad is being groomed as his successor - perhaps it's simply all part of the game but it must be tough to take.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:46 am Score better than one in 12 throughout the season..One swallow does not a summer make
I know mate, just saying PB had a good game

Can't wait to see Poveda & our new striker Kev banging in goals like Tony Yeboah 8-)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:53 am The problem here, as others have pointed out, is for every one of the other night's games there are two or more QPR games, where his large requirement of chances costs us points, and missing a penalty is nigh unforgivable.

Most of us have nothing personal against him, if he carries on scoring then it's all good. I feel for the guy sometimes but I don't think it's unreasonable for fans of a promotion-chasing team to have expectations of their main striker, especially fans who've been through at much heartbreak as Leeds fans.
:tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't