The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th January) - Gap narrows as worries of burnout reignited

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th January) - Gap narrows as worries of burnout reignited

Post by rrfierce » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:14 pm

60sUnited wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:08 pm
Alot of great debating but in simple terms we only have one problem to solve....IF WE HAD PUT AWAY OUR CHANCES WE WOULD BE STREETS AHEAD OF 3RD PLACE......SIMPLES !! The rest of the play is way above all other teams in this league imo !!
Completely agree. We are now starting to doubt everything and blame everyone due to our complete inability to put chances away.

Something needs to be done and its up to everyone involved with this football club to make sure that things change for the better. We need a mentality shift which i think would come with some fresh faces and energy. Everyone is down and we all need a lift!

mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th January) - Gap narrows as worries of burnout reignited

Post by mothbanquet » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:30 pm

I've been very forgiving of Bamford up until now but the fact of the matter is a better striker would've sent us home 1-2. It's easy to sing Paddy's praises when the rest of the team are scoring but we needed him to come through on Saturday and he didn't. If he tucked away the 1v1 and the penalty Kalvin would probably have been a calmer presence and not got sent off.

We would've laughed the ref's incompetence, grown the gap to 3rd and been able to put together a decent run when we needed it. I say again, our tactics didn't fail us, most of those players still grafted and we looked the better team for most of the game. However, it all counts for sweet bugger all if your main striker comes up with a vital penalty effort, well, like that limp excuse for a shot.

Maybe I'm being hyperbolic but seriously, if we don't get a couple of quality attackers in the next 10 days I can't see the situation improving. I've resisted the urge to use the words 'slide' or 'bottled', and will continue to do so until we've actually dropped into the PO places, but it's getting harder to be objective.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm

mothbanquet wrote:I've been very forgiving of Bamford up until now but the fact of the matter is a better striker would've sent us home 1-2. It's easy to sing Paddy's praises when the rest of the team are scoring but we needed him to come through on Saturday and he didn't. If he tucked away the 1v1 and the penalty Kalvin would probably have been a calmer presence and not got sent off.

We would've laughed the ref's incompetence, grown the gap to 3rd and been able to put together a decent run when we needed it. I say again, our tactics didn't fail us, most of those players still grafted and we looked the better team for most of the game. However, it all counts for sweet bugger all if your main striker comes up with a vital penalty effort, well, like that limp excuse for a shot.

Maybe I'm being hyperbolic but seriously, if we don't get a couple of quality attackers in the next 10 days I can't see the situation improving. I've resisted the urge to use the words 'slide' or 'bottled', and will continue to do so until we've actually dropped into the PO places, but it's getting harder to be objective.
Totally agree MB . We're in grave danger here of repeating almost exactly what we did last season , so far no improvement.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:57 pm

BGwhite wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Totally agree MB . We're in grave danger here of repeating almost exactly what we did last season , so far no improvement.

We might not always agree mate, but you can't ignore what's in front of you, and what was in front of us on Sat was half bad luck, and half bad luck of our own making. I was watching the game with a mate and when Bamford stepped up to the spot I said aloud "He's missed this." And cue my surprise when he did.

As I say, I've appreciated his good work off the ball in the past but you know something's not right when Paddy misses and you just shrug to yourself and go "That's Bamford". We can't afford this, not now when so much is at stake.

Another striker has gone from being important to an outright, do-or-die necessity, to the point where our season feels like it rests on finding someone. Because let's face it, it's now not a case of finding backup for Bamford, it's finding a replacement.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:49 pm

mothbanquet wrote: We might not always agree mate, but you can't ignore what's in front of you, and what was in front of us on Sat was half bad luck, and half bad luck of our own making. I was watching the game with a mate and when Bamford stepped up to the spot I said aloud "He's missed this." And cue my surprise when he did.

As I say, I've appreciated his good work off the ball in the past but you know something's not right when Paddy misses and you just shrug to yourself and go "That's Bamford". We can't afford this, not now when so much is at stake.

Another striker has gone from being important to an outright, do-or-die necessity, to the point where our season feels like it rests on finding someone. Because let's face it, it's now not a case of finding backup for Bamford, it's finding a replacement.
I've said it's last chance saloon this season but it feels like the season rests on the next 10 days not 3.5 months. Bamford could still be part of a promotion winning team but I just don't see him as a main striker and never have done.

Advertisment