Ian Poveda- Wendies loan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Ian Poveda- Wendies loan confirmed

Post by Cjay »

Is the mystery winger.

19 year old.

Left footed

Youth player for Man City with 1 senior game to his name.

Apparently MB and Orta have scouted him and believe he can step up to the 1st team straight away.

Will be permanent either now or the summer.

Started at the Arsenal academy.
Then Barcelona (wanted to sign him permanently but legally werent allowed for some reason).
Then Brentford
Then Manchester City.
Oh and he became an internet sensation a few years ago for this.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ian Poveda

Post by The Subhuman »

Very very one footed if the video clip is anything to go by...I'd imagine he'd be behind Harrison and Alio on the left and Costa Pablo on the right, so number 10 would be his quickest route to playing time this season

One for the 23's and off the bench for 10 minutes for us?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

If true would be a decent signing as far as I can tell. Can't imagine why Citeh would want to part with him, however. Perhaps that one-footedness referred to earlier....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:19 pm If true would be a decent signing as far as I can tell. Can't imagine why Citeh would want to part with him, however. Perhaps that one-footedness referred to earlier....
He's still young and learning but one footed players tend to struggle in the prem as they get worked out very quickly. I feel as a LW he's a fair way behind Jack but if MB can make him 2 footed he'll be one for the future and I'd be happy with that
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:17 pm Very very one footed if the video clip is anything to go by...I'd imagine he'd be behind Harrison and Alio on the left and Costa Pablo on the right, so number 10 would be his quickest route to playing time this season

One for the 23's and off the bench for 10 minutes for us?
Tbf plenty of very good one footed players in the world.

Costa and Jack are primarily left footed to.

From what Beren Cross said he is a first teamer, not for the u23s, he takes Clarke's position in the core group.

I could see him as a 10, remember what MB said about Saiz.

Able to carry the ball at pace through the middle, the only player we had able to do that etc.

Kid looks like he is capable.

If it happens and MB genuinely rates him and we continue having injuries at the rate we have i wouldn't be surprised if he is starting soon enough.

Depends how willing he is to learn?

Also he has been working with the City 1st team so least he has had great coaching?
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 pm Tbf plenty of very good one footed players in the world.

Costa and Jack are primarily left footed to.

From what Beren Cross said he is a first teamer, not for the u23s, he takes Clarke's position in the core group.

I could see him as a 10, remember what MB said about Saiz.

Able to carry the ball at pace through the middle, the only player we had able to do that etc.

Kid looks like he is capable.

If it happens and MB genuinely rates him and we continue having injuries at the rate we have i wouldn't be surprised if he is starting soon enough.

Depends how willing he is to learn?

Also he has been working with the City 1st team so least he has had great coaching?

Not criticising the signing but we have all that with Bogusz.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 pm Not criticising the signing but we have all that with Bogusz.
Not been watching the u23s but didnt someone say Bogusz hasnt progressed as expected this season?
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm Not been watching the u23s but didnt someone say Bogusz hasnt progressed as expected this season?

Not too sure Cjay. Shame if he hasn't, looked very capable against Stoke in the cup.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This is still grass is greener stuff. Great signing for 20/21 and beyond but we've seen a lot of You Tube "great's arrive at ER before. Not saying he won't be good but he doesn't look as good as even Bogusz yet..

Did we all forget what Bogusz did pre-season?
gessa

Post by gessa »

I was hoping and expecting to see more of Bogusz this season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So was I. He was definitely called one for the first team when he arrived "We'll start him in the U23's for a few weeks and then move him to the first team squad" IIRC. Every time I've seen him play he ouzes quality but it could be he's completing MB's apprenticeship, be interesting to see if he goes on loan
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:27 pm Not too sure Cjay. Shame if he hasn't, looked very capable against Stoke in the cup.
May be wrong and he did look capable as you say.

May have been that journalist who does the u23s or a fan who watches them?

But pretty sure i read that he was expected to be in the 1st team group this season but his progress stalled and he dropped behind Gotts and some others.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can see why MB (who apparently has scouted him personally) would like him, whether he is ready or not i dont know but those skills are impressive at any level.

Apparently was playing as a sort of false 9 in the top clip also.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

A false 9..... do we need another one? :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 am A false 9..... do we need another one? :lol:
Maybe if it is a false 9 we can turn him upside down so he can be a true no.6. Is he 7ft 5 though otherwise no good.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Not another midget !?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I've rated him at youth levels, but we need experience not more kids who might be good.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm I've rated him at youth levels, but we need experience not more kids who might be good.
If we sign him he may be what we need.

Watching today, the lack of creativity in the middle of the pitch was poor.

Dallas and Klich created 2 chances between them, no successful dribbles, took very few risks (Dallas especially played safe).

Maybe we need someone who plays without fear? Like Clarke did when he burst through.

The kid looks a confident lad and may actually be willing to try something risky and different.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Agree fully with Cjay. We need a couple of players coming in that can create or score goals. If that happens I can see it having a knock on effect with others in the team scoring too as there will be less pressure. The amount of chances we are missing is completely ridiculous so a player or two coming in with a bit more composure in front of goal is exactly what we need regardless of age. Sometimes being young has its advantages as you haven't experienced the failure before so you aren't weighed down by it.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

weasel wrote:Agree fully with Cjay. We need a couple of players coming in that can create or score goals. If that happens I can see it having a knock on effect with others in the team scoring too as there will be less pressure. The amount of chances we are missing is completely ridiculous so a player or two coming in with a bit more composure in front of goal is exactly what we need regardless of age. Sometimes being young has its advantages as you haven't experienced the failure before so you aren't weighed down by it.
Well we'll soon put that right Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk