January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion-No More signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion

Post by Cjay »

Sky Sports via Jim White saying that they are being told Southampton will back The Hoff and block any move for Che Adams.

Turkish media reporting that Emre Mor is very keen to move to LUFC, his agent has travelled over to try and get it done but the club are hesitant because while Mor clearly has talent he has been in poor form for ages and has a history of attitude problems.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never touch players with poor attitudes ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Brentford keen to bring in another striker, apparently the 34 their front three have banged in isnt enough.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:21 pm Never touch players with poor attitudes ..
Inclined to agree on Mor.

While you can forgive youthful stupidity, having read about Mor he seems like one of those players who are destined to waste all the talent they have (and he definitely has a lot).

Its a no from me.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm Brentford keen to bring in another striker, apparently the 34 their front three have banged in isnt enough.
Only 34 goals, my heart bleeds for them :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm Brentford keen to bring in another striker, apparently the 34 their front three have banged in isnt enough.
Little club with a excellent scouting network.

We've got Orta :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:21 pm Never touch players with poor attitudes ..
Indeed :tup:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

jack clarke set to join qpr on loan and be available to play against leeds on sat
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:45 pm jack clarke set to join qpr on loan and be available to play against leeds on sat
Our world class wing backs will have him and Eze crying by half time :)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Charlton in talks with Peterborough over playmaker Marcus Maddison (banged the Maddison drum for a while so would be interested to see how he gets on).

Rather concerning, Italian media are reporting that Ian Poveda is in Italy with his agents to speak to Torino.

The YEP saying that we are still talking to Manchester City.

I genuinely believe when it comes to transfers we are the worst in the world.

Some clubs gets deals done in hours, days, we take weeks, what sort of planning have we been doing?

It shouldn't be as hard as we make it look :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:( 2 weeks tomorrow since the club knew Nketiah was leaving.

Clarke is even longer.

Roofe, Jansson and Vieira were sold within days of the initial reports.

How can a club be so fast at selling players but take so long to secure replacements?

We took weeks on Vydra and James to (they didnt happen).

We cant get player out the door fast enough but getting them in seems to take an absolute eternity.

Had hoped we may have some fresh faces available for QPR (whether MB used them or not) :(
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe because other teams are using us or just screwing with us. Southampton were clearly interested in moving Adams.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:03 pm :( 2 weeks tomorrow since the club knew Nketiah was leaving.

Clarke is even longer.

Roofe, Jansson and Vieira were sold within days of the initial reports.

How can a club be so fast at selling players but take so long to secure replacements?

We took weeks on Vydra and James to (they didnt happen).

We cant get player out the door fast enough but getting them in seems to take an absolute eternity.

Had hoped we may have some fresh faces available for QPR (whether MB used them or not) :(
Because we are a penny pinching club

Prepared to take the millions on any offer but not prepared to speculate.

We operate like banks, insurance companies & loan sharks :chair:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm Maybe because other teams are using us or just screwing with us
Nonsense!

We made a cool £million out of the Arsenal game, add to that we robbed 2,650 Owls wallets @ nearly £40 a ticket last week. LUFC sell 1000 of pints @ £4.50 a time on matchdays

We're the club that does the screwing :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ok good.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Just for abit of clarity, only Fulham in the whole of the Championship have spent any real money, which was on a player they already had on loan, Brentford have signed a young Dutch lad for an undisclosed fee too, all others have been loans, it is a very difficult window to do business. We're not alone.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:14 pm Just for a bit of clarity, only Fulham in the whole of the Championship have spent any real money, which was on a player they already had on loan, Brentford have signed a young Dutch lad for an undisclosed fee too, all others have been loans, it is a very difficult window to do business. We're not alone.
The reason why I wasn't entirely satisfied with our summer window

Now we are scrambling around for essential signings required
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

God, I hate the transfer windows with a passion.....
All the uncertainty, rumours alleged quotes from "reliable sources" etc. It just does my head in.
I'm as frustrated as anyone with the lack of dealings so far but the quicker the window closes the better as far as I'm concerned. Then we we will know who we have or haven't got and just focus on getting out of this bloody league!
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:38 am God, I hate the transfer windows with a passion.....
All the uncertainty, rumours alleged quotes from "reliable sources" etc. It just does my head in.
I'm as frustrated as anyone with the lack of dealings so far but the quicker the window closes the better as far as I'm concerned. Then we we will know who we have or haven't got and just focus on getting out of this bloody league!
I'm with you Chilli.
'
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...10

ok good.
After a few grim days personally that made me smile :tup: