Today's Press Conference - 19/12/19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Today's Press Conference - 12/12/19

Post by 1964white »

I won't be spending time & effort on today's Bielsa's Press Conference as it is likely to be moved with no one posting on the topic

Most significant news is Cooper is in better shape but Bielsa is wary of risking him this weekend. The others Forshaw, Shackleton, Roberts are not available yet.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Press Conference

Post by weasel »

Good to hear about Cooper. Think everyone would agree with that.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I think he's right not to risk Cooper, we've got more difficult games coming up and we need him fit for those.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote:I think he's right not to risk Cooper, we've got more difficult games coming up and we need him fit for those.
Absolutely ws

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Same team as last game then? :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Doire_Boi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:36 pm Same team as last game then? :)
Would have thought so but with maybe Cooper on the bench.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Marcelo knows his mainstay players, the spine of the team

Kiko, White, Phillips, Klich, Hernandez & Bamford

Same team for the next few games unless poor form, injuries or suspension forces Bielsa's hand
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

I don't know how its working but it is. Even Klopp rotates a bit and he has probably the best squad in the world.

I pray to the lord injuries are kind to us on the back end of this season because it's only a matter of time before Fulham hit form.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doire_Boi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:39 pm I don't know how its working but it is. Even Klopp rotates a bit and he has probably the best squad in the world.

I pray to the lord injuries are kind to us on the back end of this season because it's only a matter of time before Fulham hit form.
Only if they change their manager
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:10 pm Marcelo knows his mainstay players, the spine of the team

Kiko, White, Phillips, Klich, Hernandez & Bamford

Same team for the next few games unless poor form, injuries or suspension forces Bielsa's hand
I think that it is only White and Kiko that have played every minute of every league match this season. Klich and Bamford will have started every match but been subbed quite often, KP missed a match due to his suspension. As such quite a few players have been 'rested' throughout the season.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

weasel wrote: I think that it is only White and Kiko that have played every minute of every league match this season. Klich and Bamford will have started every match but been subbed quite often, KP missed a match due to his suspension. As such quite a few players have been 'rested' throughout the season.
I take your point and it's very relevant although I hope over the festive period MB changes a few but has them all ready for Fulham and WBA . We are more than capable of beating the others with a couple of 2nd choicers thrown in and only playing some for 60 mins. We fell apart at the end of last year not that I'm saying fatigue was the only reason but it must've played a part.

gessa

Post by gessa »

Doire_Boi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:39 pm I don't know how its working but it is. Even Klopp rotates a bit and he has probably the best squad in the world.

They could well be out of the play off places come Saturday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm They could well be out of the play off places come Saturday.
Fulham's short trip to Brentford won't be easy & you're right mate looking at the other fixtures the cottagers could conceivably be out of the top six come 5pm Saturday
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm They could well be out of the play off places come Saturday.
Then they sack Parker and go on a ten game winning streak lol
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Easy for any team to put a winning run together and suddenly the whole complexion changes quickly.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:43 am Easy for any team to put a winning run together and suddenly the whole complexion changes quickly.
Well if we keep winning we don't need to worry about that
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cardiff lost just 1 in last 11 league games at ER and won just 1 of 11 away this season.
Don't like the sound of that.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Doire_Boi wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:35 am Well if we keep winning we don't need to worry about that
That is the key thing. Fulham won 4 on the bounce recently but have still won 10 points less than us in the last 10 matches because of our form.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:06 pm I won't be spending time & effort on today's Bielsa's Press Conference as it is likely to be moved with no one posting on the topic

:( Sorry, just trying to take it to a wider audience and encourage new members to the site.
1964white

Today's Press Conference - 19/12/19

Post by 1964white »

Cooper fit & in the squad

Bielsa says Roberts and Shackleton are fit again. But Forshaw still not ready to return.

Roberts and Shackleton won't be back until next week though