Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper and Phillips replaced by Alioski and Berardi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:40 am If Whelan was a battery, you wouldn't be able to use your device because both ends would be negative.
:lol:
rab_rant

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper and Phillips replaced by Alioski and Berardi

Post by rab_rant »

What no cooper???
Berra and Alioski as centre backs
Whealan goes Balistic :lol:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper and Phillips replaced by Alioski and Berardi

Post by John in Louisiana »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:47 am What no cooper???
Berra and Alioski as centre backs
Whealan goes Balistic :lol:
Not even on the bench.

Alioski at CB keeps him from doing the things that make him who he is. No more running wild; he'll have to stay at home today.

Does he have the discipline to do it?

That being said, I think there are some goals in this lineup.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Berra and Ayling at CB as I understand.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Untitled-1.jpg
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:53 am Not even on the bench.

Alioski at CB keeps him from doing the things that make him who he is. No more running wild; he'll have to stay at home today.

Does he have the discipline to do it?

That being said, I think there are some goals in this lineup.
It has to be Ayling and Dallas in the centre and Berra and Alioski as full backs
We did not have much height before at CB but if Berra and Alioski are in there
I just wonder what will happen at set pieces. I expect the Huddersfield attack will be
dumbfounded that they will not know what to do.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

DM for Stream
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have absolutely no idea what to make of that, Alio has very poor tackle tech as he always goes to ground. I'm going to be amazed if he can play the CB role. Berardi is quality but untested CB pairing take time to come to fruition and my guess is they'll get in each others way

Personally if Coop were out and Phillips suspended I'd not move White to DMF. Why create issues all over the defence instead of just a straight up replacement of Kalvin for Dallas ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:59 am It has to be Ayling and Dallas in the centre and Berra and Alioski as full backs
We did not have much height before at CB but if Berra and Alioski are in there
I just wonder what will happen at set pieces. I expect the Huddersfield attack will be
dumbfounded that they will not know what to do.
That would mean despite having 2 quality CB on the pitch in White and Berra we'd be starting 2 untested and completely new partnership in a crucial position.

My guess is this will be very fluid with MB making very quick in game adjustments when it looks like it's not working.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Does prove theu23 backup is a myth.

Has to be White and Berardi cb with Ali lb and Dallas cm?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

This could be the weakest defensive line up that Hudds will face all season.......looks worrying to me :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

E&B or Admin may wanna move or take down that link or it'll be gone real quick when the "spies" turn up
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:15 pm Does prove theu23 backup is a myth.

Has to be White and Berardi cb with Ali lb and Dallas cm?
That would make the most sense, have they talked about our line up yet?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:15 pm That would mean despite having 2 quality CB on the pitch in White and Berra we'd be starting 2 untested and completely new partnership in a crucial position.

My guess is this will be very fluid with MB making very quick in game adjustments when it looks like it's not working.
Let's not forget that if our own defence causes us some consternation
then Huddersfield with 3 of their regular back four missing would have more to worry about.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:19 pm That would make the most sense, have they talked about our line up yet?
Suggesting its Ayling and Berardi at cb.

Ali and Dallas at fb

White as dm
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

White should be CB alongside Berra.
Flat back four using Dallas and Ayling.
4-4-2

Today we will see the system taking preference over the players.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

link down ...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Oh and another pre game strain, is MB overworking these players?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Come on you Leeeeeeeeeeeeeds
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.