Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers 2-1 MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers 2-1 MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

Casilla
Ayling
Dallas
Cooper
White
Phillips
Klich
Harrison
Costa
Roberts
Bamford

Davis
Berardi
Pablo

top 6 please
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers 2-1 MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

Phillips - 6
Klich - 5
White - 4
Costa - 3
Roberts 2
Bamford - 1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

same as but Dallas for Barn door
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Phillips
White
Roberts
Costa
Harrison
Bamford.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Bamford
Phillips
White
Costa
Harrison
Klich
gessa

Post by gessa »

Phillips
White
Bamford
Harrison
Klich
Roberts
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Bamford
White
Klich
Phillips
Costa
Harrison
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm Phillips - 6
Klich - 5
White - 4
Costa - 3
Roberts 2
Bamford - 1
v surprised you haven't picked harrison...took his goal really well! Thought their right back had a good game though...harrison probably should have done better with some of the other chances he got too
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Roberts
White
Phillips
Bamford
Hernandez
Harrison (for his goal only, headless chicken for much of the game)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:34 pm v surprised you haven't picked harrison...took his goal really well! Thought their right back had a good game though...harrison probably should have done better with some of the other chances he got too
First touch too heavy all game for me...scored him a 7 but there were 5 8's or better
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 pm First touch too heavy all game for me...scored him a 7 but there were 5 8's or better
6/10 for me, his goal the highlight of his overall poor play
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Bamford
Phillips
Harrison
White
Roberts
Casilla
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

a deserved win but tbh it was a bit scrappy and at times our passing was awful. another important 3 points tho.

another difficult one as there was no real outstanding candidate . could easily be any of three or four.

white , cool calm and collected. oozing quality .
bamford , an outstanding bit of skill to lay on our second. heart of a lion to take the pen ! never stopped running.
phillips ... dogged and pulls the strings.
roberts , good footballer in the making if injuries don't blight his career. dangerous.
harrison ... makes my piss boil at times but fights like an animal to win the ball back . can't knock his work rate but very frustrating. took his goal well .
klich , steady.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 am a deserved win but tbh it was a bit scrappy and at times our passing was awful. another important 3 points tho.

another difficult one as there was no real outstanding candidate . could easily be any of three or four.

white , cool calm and collected. oozing quality .
bamford , an outstanding bit of skill to lay on our second. heart of a lion to take the pen ! never stopped running.
phillips ... dogged and pulls the strings.
roberts , good footballer in the making if injuries don't blight his career. dangerous.
harrison ... makes my piss boil at times but fights like an animal to win the ball back . can't knock his work rate but very frustrating. took his goal well .
klich , steady.
I really struggled with this one after yours & my top four, some average performances even Jack sneaked a place :shock:

Don't get the Jack love-in one bit.....he fights back for the ball because he loses it so many times.

FFS cross the ball when you've beaten your man, easier to play someone in for a open goal rather than shooting from a tight-angle, look up you greedy silly tw*t. Jack's crosses are a joke !

We'll probably end up wasting £10m on him, Citeh will be laughing their heads off
hector

Post by hector »

BUT.... at the time of beating his man the 1st time, Barn door is nowhere to be seen, so Jack would be crossing into the box full of the opposition..
He and we know that Barn door has no pace, so Mrs Hector with her rollator has more chance of getting to his cross than Bamford.... This is probably because Barn door cannot hit the ball with his right foot, so he stays away for fear of hitting row Z
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Kalvin
Roberts
White
Bambi
Klich
Pablo so glad he’s back
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 am BUT.... at the time of beating his man the 1st time, Barn door is nowhere to be seen, so Jack would be crossing into the box full of the opposition..
He and we know that Barn door has no pace, so Mrs Hector with her rollator has more chance of getting to his cross than Bamford.... This is probably because Barn door cannot hit the ball with his right foot, so he stays away for fear of hitting row Z
Untrue yesterday we had men in the box, Bamford was everywhere yesterday, winning headers at the back, holding the ball up well as we mounted attacks, scores a pen & a delightful bit of play to set up Harrison first goal. Unfortunately Jack didn't compliment Paddy who was stood unmarked in the six yard box as our headless chicken decided to blast his shot past the far post, much easier to pass to Bamford who would have had a tap-in to kill the game off totally. I counted on at least five occasions where our moves broke down due to Harrison choosing the wrong options or wasting opportunities through bad control or just sheer greed. Who the hell does he think he is.....Messi :zip:
hector

Post by hector »

:mrgreen:

too easy '64

:lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Harrison has gotten annoyed with Paddy's lack of movement before, I don't think he trusts Paddy to be in a good position. That shot across the box everyone is slating Harrison for was because Paddy had tucked himself neatly behind the defender...no attempt to get in front of the man, nor any attempt to peel away. At the very least he should predict the ball across the face and get there for the tap in...sadly too slow of thought and action.

Paddy very good with balls directly to his feet, decent hold up play and a good passer plus he does work hard (as does every player in the team tbf, it's a requisite,) but very poor to find space and his anticipation is not good, the fact he's very slow doesn't help....He may get us 10 this season, 15 would be a top season for him..

Not Harrison's best game though the movement for the goal was first class, I don't have an issue at all with trying to beat the man or the crossing, but the first touch wasn't there yesterday, too many times he was too heavy and lost possession. That may have something to do with their MOTM marking him, the first full back this season to deal successfully with Jack that I've seen
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The fact that most weeks much of the post game talk is about Harrison suggests that the play down the right flank is hunky dory or am I missing something here. If most of the chances are being channelled from the left I'd suggest the players on the right need to improve much more and Harrison deserves credit for being involved as much as he is however I don't think there's much more in his locker as it appears he has reached the limits of his ability. Over a season and a third of almost regular starting and the same faults are still there.... shame because I like him for his full blooded commitment he just lacks that extra bit of quality and composure at crucial times to take him up to the next step.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk