What another shambles!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

What another shambles!

Post by 1964white » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:09 pm

16 votes

Should have been brought to an end today

More months of squabbling :(

SaraM
First Team
First Team

Re: What another shambles !

Post by SaraM » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm

What happened? Couldn't bear to watch.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:32 pm

SaraM wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm
What happened? Couldn't bear to watch.
No vote by 16 votes

I switched off immediately, the general public are fed up to the teeth with it all

Must be costing our country millions £'s

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Presumably Brexit?

SaraM
First Team
First Team

Post by SaraM » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:41 pm

Boo! Just get us out ffs!

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Thought this was the Irish Rugby WC thread...
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:18 pm

Irish Ian wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 pm
Thought this was the Irish Rugby WC thread...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bad day at the office, gutted for Rory Best, what a servant to Irish rugby. Just approached the whole thing in the wrong way
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Same could be said for Boris Johnson...apart from the gutted bit
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Best starting 11 - Meslier - Dallas - White - Berardi - Davis - Phillips - Hernandez - Klich* - Harrison - Gotts - Costa

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Brexit is poison. All it is doing is something inciting hatred. If leaving the EU u is a what Britain wants I hope ye achieve it and I hope that it is done in a way that will allow a progressive relationship. As an Irishman I would much prefer a closer relationship with Britain than the EU and I hope that it doesn’t tarnish the great work that has gone on over the past 20 plus years between our two nations.
But what is going on in the House of Commons is nothing short of a shambles, all I see is party political point scoring, rather than trying to find a solution
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

hector

Post by hector » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:37 am

This is the real reason for the almighty f**k up of our Brexit

1a1.jpg
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

hector

Post by hector » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:42 am

The sooner we have a GE the better, and then those quisling MP's who are not representing the wishes of their constituents can be voted out.....

This is not saying that I am for Brexit, nor am I saying I am against it... I don't talk politics anywhere..

This is just me saying that the MP's are there to represent the wishes of the people who elected them, and this whole fiasco has seen them just be self serving twats, who vote in parliament for what they want and not their electorate.

It's not an act!!

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 am

Heard that Boris had to send a letter to the EU asking for an extension
but he left it UNSIGNED. It just gets weirder.
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

Ratscoot
First Team
First Team

Post by Ratscoot » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:26 am

hector wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:42 am
The sooner we have a GE the better, and then those quisling MP's who are not representing the wishes of their constituents can be voted out.....

This is not saying that I am for Brexit, nor am I saying I am against it... I don't talk politics anywhere..

This is just me saying that the MP's are there to represent the wishes of the people who elected them, and this whole fiasco has seen them just be self serving twats, who vote in parliament for what they want and not their electorate.
Totally agree Hector all the MPs should be brought into the office and asked how their Constituency voted, next question how did you vote and if it’s the opposite the next statement should be - the dole queues over there please join it :rant:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 am

dezzy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 pm
Brexit is poison. All it is doing is something inciting hatred. If leaving the EU u is a what Britain wants I hope ye achieve it and I hope that it is done in a way that will allow a progressive relationship. As an Irishman I would much prefer a closer relationship with Britain than the EU and I hope that it doesn’t tarnish the great work that has gone on over the past 20 plus years between our two nations.
But what is going on in the House of Commons is nothing short of a shambles, all I see is party political point scoring, rather than trying to find a solution
Your assessment is spot on Dezzy

herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 am

Ratscoot wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:26 am
Totally agree Hector all the MPs should be brought into the office and asked how their Constituency voted, next question how did you vote and if it’s the opposite the next statement should be - the dole queues over there please join it :rant:
The only problem with this is unfortunately at the time the General British public weren't qualified (and still aren't) to make this sort of decision. Everyone who voted (myself included) was voting on ideals not facts. How many people who voted to leave would now go back and change that decision because they have now realised that they were lied to by the very people who are now being tasked with making this happen.
Realistically the referendum was a power play that went very very askew from Cameron and now the whole country is paying for it.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:07 am

hector wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:42 am

Agree again and this comes from our resident funny man.

Those who have done their utmost to hijack the whole process are nothing short of a disgrace.

I personally have got to the stage where I refuse to listen to the news on a regular basis anymore

Breakfast on a Sunday morning is nice & peaceful here :)

hector

Post by hector » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:09 am

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 am
The only problem with this is unfortunately at the time the General British public weren't qualified (and still aren't) to make this sort of decision. Everyone who voted (myself included) was voting on ideals not facts. How many people who voted to leave would now go back and change that decision because they have now realised that they were lied to by the very people who are now being tasked with making this happen.
Realistically the referendum was a power play that went very very askew from Cameron and now the whole country is paying for it.
Whatever reasons the referendum was for, the fact is, the public qualified or not had a vote, and a result was announced... Now that result was promised to be implemented, that should happen, and then, another referendum could be possible, to try to change what has happened, but not until the 1st one has been implemented....

Project fear from the remain party was fairly intimidating during the whole process, and I for one was looking forward to be living in caves again by this year.... ( oh hang on that didn't happen) we should now be in the middle of WW3 according to the project fear lot and in the middle of the biggest recession ever...

Lots of lies by both sides, but the fact remains, we voted to leave (rightly or wrongly) and that should happen before any more votes.

It's not an act!!

SaraM
First Team
First Team

Post by SaraM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:48 am

Agree with Hector 100%.

I had 40 years to make my mind up on the EU, 40 years of observing what it is and where it is heading. I also waited 40 years to be given a meaningful say on the subject, and now that voice is being taken away by a corrupt establishment, whose only interest is serving the gravy train they're riding.

If it's divisive, that's because a liberal elite won't accept the voice of ordinary people. The whole thing has shown our political system for the corrupt farce that it is.

YorkshireSquare
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:50 am

What do you expect? A referendum allied by a clown with no plan, by a slim majority, to be delivered by a divided party with no working majority. Always bound to fail.

Should have been a clear plan before the referendum, should have been delivered by a cross party group with no party political point scoring getting in the way.
Help the site by making your Amazon purchases through our afiliate link.

SaraM
First Team
First Team

Post by SaraM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:58 am

YorkshireSquare wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:50 am
What do you expect? A referendum allied by a clown with no plan, by a slim majority, to be delivered by a divided party with no working majority. Always bound to fail.

Should have been a clear plan before the referendum, should have been delivered by a cross party group with no party political point scoring getting in the way.
If the result had been accepted by Parliament (don't forget, both main parties campaigned in 2017 on a promise to implement the result), and no deal had been prepared for from day one of triggering Article 50, we'd be out and sorted by now.

Advertisment