Enganche

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
First Team
First Team

Re: Enganche

Post by SG90 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 am

Irish Ian wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 am
Kent was Scottish Player of the Year, had Europa League experience, had shown that he didnt struggle in the big games and also was on MBs list.

By the end of Ed's loan we will have eaten up something close to 4M, or two thirds Kents Fee less wages.

And there is also the possible resale value in a 21yo.

Now we have Izzy Brown Mk2.
I agree. I'm not a massive fan of Kent, but spending so much money on loan fees is ridiculous. I suspect Radz was too obsessed with Derby and their loans, rather than looking at Norwich, who didn't have any loans last year.

It's also £4m out of the £7m Roofe fee gone, without replacing Roofe properly. Roofe, Jansson and Clarke all sold and theirs fees spent on loans, meaning we have no money to replace them when they go back.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

SaraM
First Team
First Team

Post by SaraM » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:51 am

Cjay wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:56 pm
But paying around £4-5mil to borrow Eddie Nketiah was?

Tbh this wasnt about Kent specifically more about the lack of a key component of all Bielsa sides apart from ours it seems.

Do you think we are lacking someone like Saiz?
I think the main issue most have identified is not the creating of chances, but putting them away. Our dip last season coincided with Roofe being injured. Imagine the fuss if Roofe had left and not been replaced.

As for the player's 'value', it's a combination of what we can afford and what they bring to the team. If Nketiah has scored 20+ goals by the end of the season, and we get promoted, will you judge him good value? And if we'd signed Kent for £10m, or whatever it was, and he spent most of the season in the treatment room or as third choice winger?

Too many variables and unknowns to make definitive statements, let alone build conspiracies about the machinations at the club imo.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 am

Saying £4m as the loan fee isn't really accurate as it is £2m loan fee, £2m wages and if we'd signed a player we'd have still had to pay wages.

I do think we targetted players who were used to the English game this summer rather than the cheaper but riskier foreign signings. I also think they were impressed with the quality of loan player that Derby were able to sign last season with all 3 of their signings now playing regularly in the premiership. There were also other quality loan signings that made big differences to their clubs.
Senor El Weasel

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:49 pm

What about Jack Clarke in the Enganche role?

We know he can carry the ball, we know he has reasonable pace, we know he can create.

He hasnt lost the talent he had, maybe he could solve the problem?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Bielsa had Clarke training in a central role in the summer. Presumably he didn't impress.
Senor El Weasel

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:01 pm

What about Jack Harrison lol? He carries the ball well and can dribble, plus has good vision and intelligence. Just as long as it keeps him away from crossing.

Shack as well can play there. His key pass lead to the goal v WBA.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 pm

The lack of creativity and flair in the middle of the pitch is such a disadvantage.

Today Paddy and Eddie got very little service from Klich, Dallas and Philips.

Paddy's one good chance was a great ball from Harrison and Eddie had to come deep to try and make his own.

Id give my right arm to have someone like Forestieri playing as a 10 in this team.

We need Pablo back asap because without him we really lack that bit of class in the side to open sides up.

We really messed up not getting a proper number 10, such a bizarre decision to allow us to have a Bielsa side without one.

Irish Ian
First Team
First Team

Post by Irish Ian » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:36 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 pm
The lack of creativity and flair in the middle of the pitch is such a disadvantage.

Today Paddy and Eddie got very little service from Klich, Dallas and Philips.

Paddy's one good chance was a great ball from Harrison and Eddie had to come deep to try and make his own.

Id give my right arm to have someone like Forestieri playing as a 10 in this team.

We need Pablo back asap because without him we really lack that bit of class in the side to open sides up.

We really messed up not getting a proper number 10, such a bizarre decision to allow us to have a Bielsa side without one.
Agreed, it looks even worse at the minute with Forshaw out injured too. If you had a hetr map of our possession today so much was out on the wings.
Costa at times came inside which was encouraging but even so we need a 10.
I think Dallas anywhere but RB or RWB is a waste.
Need that central spot fixed soon.

Priority for January I reckon.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:18 pm

Hopefully PSG can loan us a decent one then!

We're just so slow through the middle. Really missing Shack's energy and creativity.

Advertisment