Berardi - You’ve seen them given

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Berardi - You’ve seen them given

Post by Ratscoot »

Quite a good piece on the Warrior’s Red Card offences

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... 1-10039009

Love the man to bits but is his reputation becoming a liability or is it Leeds?
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Berardi - You’ve seen them given

Post by 1964white »

It wasn't a penalty or a red card however because Berardi is not a natural CB he lost the flight of the ball & got himself in a tight awkward position as he didn't deal with the ball immediately & effectively. Same almost happened with Ayling in the second-half. White & Cooper would probably have dealt with both those situations plus Wall's 2nd goal more efficiently

The perils of playing square pegs in round holes :(
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:01 am It wasn't a penalty or a red card however because Berardi is not a natural CB he lost the flight of the ball & got himself in a tight awkward position as he didn't deal with the ball immediately & effectively. Same almost happened with Ayling in the second-half. White & Cooper would probably have dealt with both those situations plus Wall's 2nd goal more efficiently

The perils of playing square pegs in round holes :(
Agree Leon but occasionally it works Dallas been the rare example

I was just as the article points out saying perhaps Berardi’s reputation is somewhat unfounded and if he played for another club he wouldn’t even have one maybe :duno:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Well what a very poor piece of officiating, Millwall v Leeds United. Leeds will win their appeal against a red card. It was not a penalty kick, a clear act of simulation. Then to say it was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity is just stupid. I would sit this ref on his hands for a month.

— KEITH HACKETT (@HACKETTREF) October 7, 2019
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

weasel wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:39 pm Well what a very poor piece of officiating, Millwall v Leeds United. Leeds will win their appeal against a red card. It was not a penalty kick, a clear act of simulation. Then to say it was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity is just stupid. I would sit this ref on his hands for a month.

— KEITH HACKETT (@HACKETTREF) October 7, 2019
Agree Weasel but don’t see the EFL rushing to ban him for simulation wonder what Bamford thinks of that :duno:
hector

Post by hector »

~Won the appeal....

red card overturned..

Told you he was innocent.

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:16 pm ~Won the appeal....

red card overturned..

Told you he was innocent.

:)
Apparently not innocent Hector, they have overturned the red card due to Kalvin covering so he wasn’t last man but they are not going after Bradshaw as they feel it was too close to call it simulation and Berardi “could” have touched him :? Yea in the tunnel on the way into the pitch

Another EFL stitch up £200k for not breaking any rules and £10k for been a bunch of racists but then I’m been paranoid :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

No surprise there sadly, the EFL would never ban a player for diving against Leeds, just like Watkins last season.

At least Berardi winning his appeal means Phillips won't be at CB.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:50 pm At least Berardi winning his appeal means Phillips won't be at CB.
Or Ayling
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:59 pmOr Ayling
Unfortunately it means Ayling RB and Dallas CM :cry:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So are they saying it should have been a yellow?

If they arent going after Bradshaw for diving they must think there was sufficient contact to go down?

If there was i want all our players to fall down in the area whenever an opponents hand brushes them. :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:55 pm i want all our players to fall down in the area whenever an opponents hand brushes them. :roll:
Bamford did that and got a 2 match ban for it.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

weasel wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:19 pm Bamford did that and got a 2 match ban for it.
Off the ball though if i remember correctly.

The difficulty with these cases is the way the players were running a little clip can send a player flying. Though in this case at the very least it seems that their striker hauled himself to the ground very easily (and at worst completely dived). Guess the efl thought it too close to call. Bamfords was a bit different as it was off the ball and a bit easier to judge I think. Still a bit harsh though in my opinion.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:20 pm Unfortunately it means Ayling RB and Dallas CM :cry:
Please no. That was one of the reasons we were so pants in the first 14 minutes.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Great news with the Berra red card being overturned
It's going to be interesting what that team vs Birmingham will be especially if Forshaw is back too.
Quite possible that one of Ayling or Dallas gets dropped to the bench to move Forshaw back into the midfield.
I'm expecting a 3 at the back system vs Birmingham with them usually playing two big strikers in a 4-4-2 shape.

GK Casilla

CB White
CB Phillips
CB ? (either Berardi or Ayling)

RWB ? (either Dallas or Ayling)
CDM ? (either Forshaw or Dallas)
LWB Alioski

CAM Klich

RW Hernandez (assuming he is back if not Costa)
CF Bamford
LW Harrison

Quite difficult to say what we are going to do as I think it's between Ayling, Dallas, Berardi and Forshaw 3 of those players will start imo and 1 will drop to the bench it's quite possible any of those 4 will be dropped out. Personally I think it will be Forshaw (on the basis that he might not be fully match fit)
So would expect a bench like this: Meslier, Douglas, Forshaw, Shackleton, Roberts, Costa, Nketiah
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Oscar wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:30 pm Great news with the Berra red card being overturned
It's going to be interesting what that team vs Birmingham will be especially if Forshaw is back too.
Quite possible that one of Ayling or Dallas gets dropped to the bench to move Forshaw back into the midfield.
I'm expecting a 3 at the back system vs Birmingham with them usually playing two big strikers in a 4-4-2 shape.

GK Casilla

CB White
CB Phillips

LWB Alioski

CAM Klich

CF Bamford
LW Harrison

Quite difficult to say what we are going to do as I think it's between Ayling, Dallas, Berardi and Forshaw 3 of those players will start imo and 1 will drop to the bench it's quite possible any of those 4 will be dropped out. Personally I think it will be Forshaw (on the basis that he might not be fully match fit)
So would expect a bench like this: Meslier, Douglas, Forshaw, Shackleton, Roberts, Costa, Nketiah
That's not the team I would go far just what I would predict it to be.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Berardi’s deal at Elland Road ends next summer and as yet no talks about an extension have taken place.

Will this season be a last hurrah for the Swiss firebrand?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

As much as I like Berra's total commitment to the cause he is a loose cannon who cannot seem to grasp the fact that any rash challenges are running the risk of red cards although the last 2 against Scumwall & Derby were very unfortunate due to some crap refereeing. He's not a fantastic footballer but he is very solid and wears his heart on his sleeve , good luck to him wherever he goes to next if his contract isn't renewed.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Oscar wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:30 pm Great news with the Berra red card being overturned

GK Casilla

CB White
CB Phillips

LWB Alioski

CAM Klich

CF Bamford
LW Harrison

personally I'd be very surprised if we changed formation to three at the back - it's arguably even more defensive and we're not scoring enough goals currently. Also if Harrison and costa are playing as out and out wingers you don't get much benefit from having wing full backs. Bielsa just doesn't do big changes like this...

I think it will be a similar team as against Millwall with perhaps a bit of juggling around to fit forshaw in at centre mid and dallas at rb (ayling going cb or bench?).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Interesting, with Cooper out and Ayling as VC this gives MB the Dilemma of dropping his current captain. Ayling for Berardi I'd guess....Dallas at RB
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"