Bielsa mugged by novice/average managers

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bielsa mugged by novice/average managers

Post by weasel »

And who would have thought that Man City would lose their 2nd game in only 8 league matches, having also drawn 1 too, against vastly inferior teams. It shows what football is and that even City who play a similar way to us but with vastly superior players are not infallible. Miss your chances and the opposition will always get a chance at some point. City dominated possession, dominated chances etc but football is a sport where the best team can be beaten - what you have to rely on though is that what you are doing will get you results most of the time and then hope that that will be enough. Play the way we have been doing this season and we should win most matches and even simply replicating the results we have had so far would see us end the season on 84 points which would comfortably see us in at least a play-off position. It also shows remarkable consistency, despite the continued inconsistency, with last season where we got 83 points.

So considering we have had very little luck go our way then it isn't a stretch to think our results should be better over the remainder of the season if we simply repeat what we are doing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:41 pm My take on this is Bielsa getting mugged by his own players. Our forward play is criminal at times.
I am tired of hearing that we were better.
I am tired of hearing that things will change.
I am tired of blaming the EFL, the Refs, the media.
We brag about noone likening us then cry when the ones who dont like us make decisions against us.
I am tired of seeing players players out of position.
I am tired of being so skint we cant even buy a decent player.

I could go on, it is actually a miracle we are still top six.

But I am tired.

Perhaps the Int break will give us a time to regroup.
I know where you're coming from Ian with the continuous excuses

How do you think I feel after dedicating 40 hours of my time this week in an effort to watch my beloved Leeds.

I'm tired too mate.
In fact I'm shattered after suffering a heavy cold this week.
Travelling exhausts me.
Hit the pillow last night & slept like a log :sleep:
Not gonna lose any sleep over a club whom continues to disappoint.
I do fear the worse this & next season but hey-ho the excuses will still be there & we'll still be tired :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:13 pm I know where you're coming from Ian with the continuous excuses

How do you think I feel after dedicating 40 hours of my time this week in an effort to watch my beloved Leeds.

I'm tired too mate.
In fact I'm shattered after suffering a heavy cold this week.
Travelling exhausts me.
Hit the pillow last night & slept like a log :sleep:
Not gonna lose any sleep over a club whom continues to disappoint.
I do fear the worse this & next season but hey-ho the excuses will still be there & we'll still be tired :lol:
I was thinking of you guys yesterday, making the effort and basically investing so much time and effort to end up with disappointment two weeks on the trot. And I know you will be back in a couple of weeks time roaring them on from the sides again.

Hope springs eternal.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Where do people get their optimism from? Not having a go, obviously we all want the same thing. But the same issues that stopped us last year are still there and I don't see it changing just by having a bit of luck. We need 5 clear cut chances to score, the opposition only need one on target, no goal threat from corners, crosses to no one, over playing in front of goal rather than shooting, losing possession doing stupid flicks. We don't have any calm and cool heads, especially when the going gets tough. Only Dallas and Shack came out with any credit after the playoffs. So how is all this going to change?
Last edited by SG90 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:09 pm And who would have thought that Man City would lose their 2nd game in only 8 league matches, having also drawn 1 too, against vastly inferior teams. It shows what football is and that even City who play a similar way to us but with vastly superior players are not infallible. Miss your chances and the opposition will always get a chance at some point. City dominated possession, dominated chances etc but football is a sport where the best team can be beaten - what you have to rely on though is that what you are doing will get you results most of the time and then hope that that will be enough. Play the way we have been doing this season and we should win most matches and even simply replicating the results we have had so far would see us end the season on 84 points which would comfortably see us in at least a play-off position. It also shows remarkable consistency, despite the continued inconsistency, with last season where we got 83 points.

So considering we have had very little luck go our way then it isn't a stretch to think our results should be better over the remainder of the season if we simply repeat what we are doing.
Perhaps they will get into a panic and recall Harrison :lol:

I suppose the big difference is that City have proven that they have a winning combination of tactics and players.

We haven't yet managed to do that yet, and bench players like Shacks and Berardi getting ruled out of selection we are running out of options player wise.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:52 pm I was thinking of you guys yesterday, making the effort and basically investing so much time and effort to end up with disappointment two weeks on the trot. And I know you will be back in a couple of weeks time roaring them on from the sides again.

Hope springs eternal.
Cheers Ian

Ups & downs eh!

Sadly more downs than ups :(

Still count myself lucky to have seen all our good times :scarfe2:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:43 am Cooper, Barrett, Bowyer, Lampard, Lambert, Frank, Cook, Monk, Moore, Jones, Karanka, Mowbray, Mcclaren, Adkins, Hurst & maybe more

Who'd have thought :roll: :roll:
A non Bielsa point but I think the hierarchy at Stoke deserve credit for not pulling the trigger with Jones. I'm sure he'd be already gone at most clubs. His record since he went there is really poor and he couldn't complain if he'd been given the heave-ho. But, they obviously are standing by their appointment and believe he can turn things around - maybe yesterday's win at Swansea is the turning point.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:55 pm Where do people get their optimism from? Not having a go, obviously we all want the same thing. But the same issues that stopped us last year are still there and I don't see it changing just by having a bit of luck. We need 5 clear cut chances to score, the opposition only need one on target, no goal threat from corners, crosses to no one, over playing in front of goal rather than shooting, losing possession doing stupid flicks. We don't have any calm and cool heads, especially when the going gets tough. Only Dallas and Shack came out with any credit after the playoffs. So how is all this going to change?
It's blind optimism with me SG

We have three players at the top of their game this season....Phillips, White & Dallas

That needs to change if we have our sights on promotion, the rest of our first team need to click into top gear. Consistency breeds good results.
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Hey what about deciding to sell our top goal scorers from each of the last two seasons.