Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by Rex deWolf »

Maybe his 2nd IC should step up and tell it like it was. 1 It was never a penalty ad 2 Even if it had been, it was not a red card offence!!! Are Leeds going to appeal this???

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Oz Leeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Oz Leeds »

Hello all from the other side of the world.

Life long Leeds fan down in Australia. As frustrated as anyone. It’s obvious to anyone watching the game that poor refereeing was the deciding factor. Got completely conned for the pen and red card. Pretty embarrassing really. Embarrassing for the ref and the player. You’d be universally hated for diving like that down here.

What I want to know is, do those in charge explain the refereeing decisions? Do they justify them? Does that referee get dropped to Div one or something? Does the diver get a ban?
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Yes it was another game of football that we lost, and yes we do have some valid reasons again why we lost but lets look at the players. Win, lose or draw we can see the players we can do without and the players that will get us promoted. Kliich, Harrison and Bamford to me are not working out so well. Klich is still living off goals he scored early last season and loses the ball as much as he make some happen with it, Harrison seems unsettled and incapable of delivering the final ball. Of course Bamford seems to consistently NOT be in the right position when and if a ball comes in the box. Yes he runs a lot but he is not able to find good positions to score the goals we essentially need from him, and he runs around like a headless chicken at times, when he should be in the box. We scored from a simple cross into the box, the first and only cross i remember. Scoring simple goals seems virtually impossible for us. Our play in the final third is terrible, yes it looks good getting there but unfortunatly we need to create goal scoring chances. Instead we consistently fail to execute a good, dangerous ball into the box, run to the line and cross, and it all comes to nothing. Plus teams have seen us play, they know we are going to play possession football and struggle in the final third when it really matters. Harrison needs to be dropped, and costa needs a slap round the face. I expected lots more from him. I suspect he is not gelling or is having a hard time settling in and/or is lacking confidence. drop Bamford for Eddie, Harrison for Clarke, Klich for Roberts.

Where is Pablo "
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:08 pm Marcelo is too much of a gentleman to criticise a referee or the opposition
He is, and that's partly why I desperately want him to succeed at Leeds. If he left tomorrow, I'd still judge him a success for having turned things around, but promotion is now expected.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

jindy30 wrote:Yes it was another game of football that we lost, and yes we do have some valid reasons again why we lost but lets look at the players. Win, lose or draw we can see the players we can do without and the players that will get us promoted. Kliich, Harrison and Bamford to me are not working out so well. Klich is still living off goals he scored early last season and loses the ball as much as he make some happen with it, Harrison seems unsettled and incapable of delivering the final ball. Of course Bamford seems to consistently NOT be in the right position when and if a ball comes in the box. Yes he runs a lot but he is not able to find good positions to score the goals we essentially need from him, and he runs around like a headless chicken at times, when he should be in the box. We scored from a simple cross into the box, the first and only cross i remember. Scoring simple goals seems virtually impossible for us. Our play in the final third is terrible, yes it looks good getting there but unfortunatly we need to create goal scoring chances. Instead we consistently fail to execute a good, dangerous ball into the box, run to the line and cross, and it all comes to nothing. Plus teams have seen us play, they know we are going to play possession football and struggle in the final third when it really matters. Harrison needs to be dropped, and costa needs a slap round the face. I expected lots more from him. I suspect he is not gelling or is having a hard time settling in and/or is lacking confidence. drop Bamford for Eddie, Harrison for Clarke, Klich for Roberts.

Where is Pablo "
Hear, hear.... Especially regarding the substitutions that you suggested. But I fear we will have the same starting 11 next game - less Berardi of course. Will Leeds contest this rediculous red card?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk