Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 33229
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by faaip » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Top 6 folks

Casilla
Ayling
Berardi
White
Alioski
Phillips
Klich
Dallas
Costa
Bamford
Harrison

Nketiah
Douglas
Roberts
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 33229
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by faaip » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Klich - 6
Harrison - 5
Alioski - 4
White - 3
Casilla - 2
Phillips - 1
Last edited by faaip on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2864
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by SaraM » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Klich
Alio
Phillips
Dallas
White
Casilla
In football, nothing is true, nothing is false.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 33229
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by faaip » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Klich - 12
Alioski - 9
Harrison - 5
Phillips - 5
White - 5
Dallas - 3
Casilla - 3
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 9606
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by Cjay » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Ali.
Dallas
White
Phillips
Harrison
Klich

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:06 pm

Phillips (we were in the game with him pulling the strings then shocking after KP was subbed) :shock:
White
Dallas
Alioski
Harrison
Bamford

User avatar
leic white 63
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by leic white 63 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:18 am

i'm struggling this week. tbf none are worthy of the title .

phillips par for the course !
dallas .... put a shift in again.
white... decent , best defender
alioski scored the goal
klich ..... i'm bit disappointed in him this year tbh . must and can do better.
harrison ......same old ....

User avatar
Ratscoot
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by Ratscoot » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 am

A game spoilt by the fact Scumwall are in our league and the ref

Based on radio and highlights

Ali took his goal well and is Leeds through and through
Kalvin WTF was he taken off for
Dallas one of our best players so far this season
White he is quality
Harrison needs to be more consistent and believe in himself and have a pop
Klich agree with Leic White I thought he was going to be our main man this season needs to step up
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

Velotrax
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2175
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by Velotrax » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 am

Ali
Klich
Philips
White
Dallas
Bambi

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:44 am

leic white 63 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:18 am
i'm struggling this week. tbf none are worthy of the title .

phillips par for the course !
dallas .... put a shift in again.
white... decent , best defender
alioski scored the goal
klich ..... i'm bit disappointed in him this year tbh . must and can do better.
harrison ......same old ....
I really don't get the Klich love-in on here. We've lost the midfield in our last three matches, once Phillips was subbed yesterday we were woeful, KP was the one dictating all our play. I lost count how many times I got frustrated with Klich v Charlton & Millwall

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:48 am

Ratscoot wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 am
A game spoilt by the fact Scumwall are in our league and the ref

Based on radio and highlights

Ali took his goal well and is Leeds through and through
Kalvin WTF was he taken off for
Dallas one of our best players so far this season
White he is quality
Harrison needs to be more consistent and believe in himself and have a pop
Klich agree with Leic White I thought he was going to be our main man this season needs to step up
God only knows mate unless KP had got a knock, otherwise Bielsa had one of his mad moments again, hasn't learned his lesson from his error v West Brom :roll:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 am

White, Dallas & Phillips easily our most consistent players this season

Phillips had one stinker down at Charlton

White & Dallas haven't had one poor game yet

User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2864
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by SaraM » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:24 am

1964white wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:48 am
God only knows mate unless KP had got a knock, otherwise Bielsa had one of mad moments again, hasn't learned his lesson from his error v West Brom :roll:
Presumably to shift the emphasis from defence to attack. It didn't work, but the thinking isn't mad under the circumstances.
In football, nothing is true, nothing is false.

User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1474
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by Oscar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:28 am

Really struggling here but:
Casilla MOTM by default imo
Alioski
Nketiah
Roberts
Douglas
Phillips
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 33229
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by faaip » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Alioski - 38
Phillips - 30
White - 24
Dallas - 23
Klich - 21
Harrison - 12
Casilla - 9
Nketiah - 4
Roberts - 3
Douglas - 2
Bamford - 2
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:45 pm

SaraM wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:24 am
Presumably to shift the emphasis from defence to attack. It didn't work, but the thinking isn't mad under the circumstances.
Sorry Sara I disagree

Phillips was orchestrating the game, I really believed we could have grabbed a second goal. As soon as the not match-fit Roberts came on alongside a tired Klich we completely lost the midfield & any advantage we had worked hard to gain in those first 30 minutes of the 2nd half. I'd have left Bamford on too.

You won't win games with no matter how many attackers you have on the pitch if the team looks totally unbalanced.

In the end 15 minutes plus added-on-time chucked away

User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2864
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by SaraM » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm

1964white wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:45 pm
Sorry Sara I disagree

Phillips was orchestrating the game, I really believed we could have grabbed a second goal. As soon as the not match-fit Roberts came on alongside a tired Klich we completely lost the midfield & any advantage we had worked hard to gain in those first 30 minutes of the 2nd half. I'd have left Bamford on too.

You won't win games with no matter how many attackers you have on the pitch if the team looks totally unbalanced.

In the end 15 minutes plus added-on-time chucked away
I don't disagree with the reasons you spell out for why it didn't work. With hindsight, it was a mistake, I just don't think the reason for trying it can be described as 'mad' that's all. I only take issue with it because it seems to imply that Bielsa had lost the plot, which I don't think is the case.

We have one of the most revered head coaches in world football, and people are beginning to suggest he should be replaced because he has been 'outthought' by whichever muppet is second in command at Millwall. That's madness, right there.
In football, nothing is true, nothing is false.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:38 pm

SaraM wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm
I don't disagree with the reasons you spell out for why it didn't work. With hindsight, it was a mistake, I just don't think the reason for trying it can be described as 'mad' that's all. I only take issue with it because it seems to imply that Bielsa had lost the plot, which I don't think is the case.

We have one of the most revered head coaches in world football, and people are beginning to suggest he should be replaced because he has been 'outthought' by whichever muppet is second in command at Millwall. That's madness, right there.
I never said he should be replaced

I implied he should be doing better against rookie coaches

User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2864
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by SaraM » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:21 pm

1964white wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:38 pm
I never said he should be replaced

I implied he should be doing better against rookie coaches
I know you didn't, but others have, which is why I said 'people' in general.

Yes, it's frustrating, but there are some pretty strong mitigating factors in this case. Bielsa did come as close as he ever does to blaming the ref.
In football, nothing is true, nothing is false.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 78809
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds United - 2-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:08 pm

SaraM wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:21 pm
I know you didn't, but others have, which is why I said 'people' in general.

Yes, it's frustrating, but there are some pretty strong mitigating factors in this case. Bielsa did come as close as he ever does to blaming the ref.
Marcelo is too much of a gentleman to criticise a referee or the opposition

Post Reply

Advertisment