Leeds United v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - 18 minutes highlights

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds United v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Bielsa names an unchanged side

Post by mothbanquet »

Important win well earned, both to break our home form and late concession hoodoo in one stroke. Now to go change me undies...
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds United v West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Bielsa names an unchanged side

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Great result, not our best performance but the lads laid it all on the line tonight, defended with real conviction and had the better of the chances.

Enforced early changes made it hard for us I think as when WB pushed forward and changed things up we were limited in our options to freshen it up.

Well done to the boys, WB first defeat and you can easily see both teams being in the mix at the end of the season.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

WELL DONE LEEDS!!
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jay »

Thank God !
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Potential six-pointer that, can't imagine WBA losing too many this season.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

I reckon we are back on top, great performance, a tad sad about the injuries, and the fact that we are never given a break, 2 deffo pens and blatant red cards
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Bamford gets Sky MOTM but I’ll probably go for Dallas, turned in to a real consistent and versatile player. White, Phillips and Kiko also put in top performances. Only slight downsides were Harrison inconsistency, don’t see him for ages, then does something brilliant and follows it with something awful....was instrumental in the goal though. Roberts also looked off the pace when he came on, tough ask in a fast paced game after a lay off will be better days ahead for him.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

dezzy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:40 pm Fantastic win against a really good team. Bamford take a bow, such a battling performance
agreed dezzy . thought pb was excellent tonight. just needs a fucker to go in off his arse now.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Thought first half we dominated, they were far better in the second but we had more chances to be fair.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Get in.
A large slice of humble pie for some on here.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 pm Bamford gets Sky MOTM but I’ll probably go for Dallas, turned in to a real consistent and versatile player. White, Phillips and Kiko also put in top performances. Only slight downsides were Harrison inconsistency, don’t see him for ages, then does something brilliant and follows it with something awful....was instrumental in the goal though. Roberts also looked off the pace when he came on, tough ask in a fast paced game after a lay off will be better days ahead for him.
Agreed mate
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

A great win against a team who will finish in the top two. Harrison.... frustrating but definitely has to play.......Costa...will only get better with game time. Feel a bit sorry for Nketia but he will be back to Arsenal in January......Ayling...will soon be back to his best. If we apply the same grit on saturday we will beat Millwall.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 pm Roberts also looked off the pace when he came on, tough ask in a fast paced game after a lay off will be better days ahead for him.

Agree, can hardly blame him for that. Look forward to seeing a lot of him this season though.

Good to see Ayling back too.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

WBA realised that they couldn't match us skill wise so went for the lets kick' em of the park! we won now they have 5 or 6 players on the yellow card tight rope, doesn't help us now but in the long run will cost them
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:52 pm agreed dezzy . thought pb was excellent tonight. just needs a fucker to go in off his arse now.
He was like a lion outside the box but turned into a lamb when inside the box. He’s so close to becoming a hero this season, needs to find his mojo in front of goal
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Such an important win.

Would have obviously loved it had the win been more convincing, but Leeds desperately needed it and they played with desperation.

What matters is WBA arrived at ER unbeaten and left beaten.

Shame about the injuries though...
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Pleased for barn door Bamford held it up well and was physical.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I thought Bamford was excellent and deserved MOTM but Jamie Shackleton was our best player in the first half and could have won the award himself if he hadn't got injured
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well that's a relief. West Brom best team we've played so far and credit to them for actually having a go and it was a good game and competitive. It was just important to hold on and win that, regardless of who the opponents were today. That should give the players a lot of confidence. Not often you see going to the corner near the end rather than chasing the second. That said, I still thought we were the better team and deserved the win. We created the better chances and probably could have won more comfortably but for some good saves from Johnstone. I thought subbing Shack off at HT was a strange move, as he was playing well and Roberts is very rusty.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm I thought Bamford was excellent and deserved MOTM but Jamie Shackleton was our best player in the first half and could have won the award himself if he hadn't got injured
Agree, no coincidence we were getting over run in midfield when he went off.