Biggest rivals for promotion?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: Biggest rivals for promotion?

Post by leic white 63 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:59 pm Certainly not presuming anything Leic, after all we are Leeds but I've watched a lot of the Championship games this season and most of the sides look average at best.
I think we're better and if it wasn't for some wasteful finishing we'd be clear at the top.
I do worry about teams with a big target man like Birmingham and Fulham but at this stage anyway, I think we look stronger than we did last season.
We must keep Eddie and White for the whole season, a lot will depend on that.
i understand where you coming from chilli and i partly agree but i just think its a bit premature to suggest anything at this moment in time .

norwich looked average at best aswell last september ! ..... some teams will improve and some will fade impossible to say at this stage.

the championship is a gruelling marathon and not a sprint . my feet are firmly on the ground . once bitten twice shy .....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:59 pm We must keep Eddie and White for the whole season, a lot will depend on that.
Absolutely imperative Chilli :tup:

Although we all know Leeds & January transfer windows, just a bit more ambition/urgency last season & promotion would have been more or less guaranteed. When you consider all the injuries & close call results at Christmas time the writing was on the wall if we didn't react.

Too much wasted time & effort thinking Izzy Brown was going to be our saviour :roll:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:09 pm norwich looked average at best aswell last september ! ..... some teams will improve and some will fade impossible to say at this stage.

the championship is a gruelling marathon and not a sprint . my feet are firmly on the ground . once bitten twice shy .....
We made Norwich look really poor, I walked out of Carrow Road thinking we don't need to worry about them :o :oops: the canaries lost fewer matches then any other team after we had hammered them.

There is usually one team that comes out of the lower end of the table & gains promotion.

I recall Fulham, Reading & Villa over the last few seasons
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:28 pm We made Norwich look really poor, I walked out of Carrow Road thinking we don't need to worry about them :o :oops: the canaries lost fewer matches then any other team after we had hammered them.

There is usually one team that comes out of the lower end of the table & gains promotion.

I recall Fulham, Reading & Villa over the last few seasons
seem to remember one year palace was in or around the bottom 3 at cristmas and went on a tremendous run to win promotion.
probably the most unpredictable league in the world.