The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th September) All the latest news from Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th September) All the latest news from Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 13th September, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Boro set to sue EFL over Derby FFP farce

According to The Times, Middlesbrough have sent legal documentation to the EFL, showing intentions to sue them for failing to enforce its financial rules over Derby's purchase of Pride Park.

Pride Park was listed as an asset on Derby's books with a value of £41m when their owner Mel Morris used a separate company to buy it for £80m with a deal to lease it back.

Losses of more than £13m per year over three years breach the EFL's profit and sustainability rules, and by virtue of Derby's (fraudulent imo) actions, it looks like they have escaped justice.

Why haven't Leeds been throwing their weight around? The football governing bodies are quick enough to do it, when the ball is on the other foot?

Leeds rejected 27m for Phillips in the Summer

According to the Sun, Leeds rejected an offer of 27m for Kalvin Philips from Spurs in the Summer.

Leeds were worried that had they accepted the offer, they would have to find themselves a new Manager.

Phillips has been speaking to the YEP about his joy having signed a 5 year deal (and making himself over 10m in the process).
“It’s a big moment in my career, I want to spend a lot of time at this club and to sign a new five year deal is a very proud moment for myself and my family,”

“I always talk about football, it is what I live for and my family have always supported me 100 per cent, if it wasn’t for my mum and my grandma, I don’t think I would be in this position now.

“I’ve spent countless hours on the training pitches, I’ve put a lot of hard work in and sacrificed a lot, so I think I’ve deserved what I am getting.

“This season we’ve got to get back in the Premier League and with the team and manager we have got, it would be a big opportunity wasted if we don’t get promoted.

“We’ve got to push and push for promotion, we came so close last year and I think it has done the team good because we know what it takes and how much hard work it takes to get there.

“Hopefully we can have another good season like last year, but finish it off.”
At what price would YOU sell Phillips for?

In other news

It has been revealed that Liam Cooper was instrumental is persuading Kalvin Phillips to stay at Leeds.

Hmmmmm, I wonder whether Stuart Dallas 'had a word' too?

The Matthew Murray High School in South Leeds looks favourite to become Leeds new training ground.

Facilities including high-performance sports pitches and gymnasiums, nutrition facilities, medical rooms and teaching and staff space would be created at a cost of circa 25m

The proposed training ground would be Category 1 status - a requirement of the Premier League for training and academy facilities.

Leeds are currently in talks with Klich and Hernandez about renewing their contracts. Hernandez will be 35 at the end of this current season. Thoughts?

It's Friday 13th. Anyone superstitious?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th September) All the latest news from Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

Our future England star will be worth £40m come the end of the season

Who's mocking now ;-) :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th September) All the latest news from Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 am Our future England star will be worth £40m come the end of the season

Who's mocking now ;-) :lol:
Morning Leon. So, if Spurs wrote a check now for 40m, and you were the Chairman, what would you do?
hector

Post by hector »

Bye Kalvin thanks for your work.................. off you pop :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 am Morning Leon. So, if Spurs wrote a check now for 40m, and you were the Chairman, what would you do?
Morning Matt

Why would anyone want to disrupt our promotion challenge by selling one of our key players just to have money sitting in the bank account

Radz & co will have much more than £40m in their pockets if we reach the premiership
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Evening Folks,

Re Derby, if Boro do make a case Leeds should weigh in with a claim for £4m we lost out on not getting to Wembley.

Just to make it awkward...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

Bye Kalvin thanks for your work.................. off you pop :)
Joking aside I would agree, if this had been in June, giving us time to get someone else of similar skills for half or two-thirds the price AND giving Marcelo time to get the replacement up to his levels of performance in time for the season, but not now because our potential promotion season could be seriously screwed.
I haven't seen Philips play since the cup game at Cambridge in (I think) the February of Monk's season but, even then he was a wonderful prospect pre-Bielsa.

Do you like winding-up clocks too :whistle:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am Joking aside I would agree, if this had been in June, giving us time to get someone else of similar skills for half or two-thirds the price AND giving Marcelo time to get the replacement up to his levels of performance in time for the season, but not now because our potential promotion season could be seriously screwed.
I haven't seen Philips play since the cup game at Cambridge in (I think) the February of Monk's season but, even then he was a wonderful prospect pre-Bielsa.

Welcome back Norm :tup: have you been on holiday ?
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am Joking aside I would agree, if this had been in June, giving us time to get someone else of similar skills for half or two-thirds the price AND giving Marcelo time to get the replacement up to his levels of performance in time for the season, but not now because our potential promotion season could be seriously screwed.

You seem to understand me very well Norm ;-)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Welcome back Norm :tup: have you been on holiday ?
Thanks Leon.

No, not on holiday. Being retired, I just like to interfere with as many things as possible without actually getting into trouble ( :mrgreen:) , but I have been busy of late, which is why I've skipped the comps a bit - sorry about that.

Take care mate :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote: ↑

You seem to understand me very well Norm ;-)
I rather like the hector/swan chronicles mate - no shortage of reading material there :scar1
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:50 am I rather like the hector/swan chronicles mate - no shortage of reading material there :scar1
you old rogue.... :) I have left her alone for a while as she makes it too easy sometimes :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote: ↑

you old rogue.... :) I have left her alone for a while as she makes it too easy sometimes :lol:
Less of the old, but I agree on the rest :mrgreen: