Leeds Positive Stats

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Leeds Positive Stats

Post by Ratscoot »

Reading the discussion on our Home Stats thought I’d put some positive stats up

So far this season

Pos Team[ vte ] Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Swansea City 6 5 1 0 12 4 +8 16
2 Charlton Athletic 6 4 2 0 11 5 +6 14
3 Leeds United 6 4 1 1 10 3 +7 13

So played only six games so far this season and have won 4 and drawn 1 so we’ve only lost 1 and that was daylight robbery.

We’ve also scored 10 and let in 3, for the goals against we won one, drew one and lost one so even if we let the opposition score we are more likely to win/draw than loose - twisting the stats a bit there granted :)

We own our ground, are more financially stable since forever, we have an owner that seems to get us and wants us to be successful unlike many of our previous owners, he may not be the richest but do we really want to be another Man City or Chelski

Our team is made up of some of the best players we’ve had in years without breaking the bank and our youth can see a route into the first team with a number on the cusp and our main man (Kalvin) been truly one of our own.

Our home support is the best it’s been since the 90s, I can’t remember a time when it was so difficult to get a season ticket or tickets for games, our away support is the best in the country, often mentioned by opposition fans, teams and even the plod in a good way

Yes we lost (robbed) on Saturday, yes our home form isn’t as good as it could be but as a Leeds fan in my 50s this is the best it’s been for nearly 16 years so until the EFL find another reason to stick the knife into our season I for one am going to lap this up MOT ALAW
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Re: Leeds Positive Stats

Post by gessa »

I think people forget how bad 13 of the previous 15 years were, before Bielsa arrived, financially, playing wise, pluswe now have 8- 10k on the crowd each week, (some seem to bemoan that stat too) nothing is perfect and doubt it will ever be.
For those 15 years it was always hope through blind faith, not really thinking it could happen,somehow we could put a run together get some luck with a squad of players that was always 5 short of any real quality, now I genuinely believe it can be done, we will still need that slice of luck but not be so dependent on it.

I suppose we could be a Stoke, throw loads of money at it, have the biggest squad of players in the league, lots with Premiership experience. That will get us to the top of the league, it's worked for them hasn't it?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

gessa wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:38 am I think people forget how bad 13 of the previous 15 years were, before Bielsa arrived, financially, playing wise, pluswe now have 8- 10k on the crowd each week, (some seem to bemoan that stat too) nothing is perfect and doubt it will ever be.
For those 15 years it was always hope through blind faith, not really thinking it could happen,somehow we could put a run together get some luck with a squad of players that was always 5 short of any real quality, now I genuinely believe it can be done, we will still need that slice of luck but not be so dependent on it.

I suppose we could be a Stoke, throw loads of money at it, have the biggest squad of players in the league, lots with Premiership experience. That will get us to the top of the league, it's worked for them hasn't it?

I'm not sure people forget, I think last season has heightened expectation to a new level.
gessa

Post by gessa »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:54 am I'm not sure people forget, I think last season has heightened expectation to a new level.
Quite likely, so why not embrace what we have, rather than jump on every little thing to have a go.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

gessa wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 am Quite likely, so why not embrace what we have, rather than jump on every little thing to have a go.

You met many Leeds fans before?
gessa

Post by gessa »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 am You met many Leeds fans before?
There is that.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Bravo Ratscoot
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 am Bravo Ratscoot
Cheers Harry :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

F****in hate stats :x

sorry I am positive I f****in hate stats :) :)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

hector wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:41 am F****in hate stats :x

sorry I am positive I f****in hate stats :) :)
I hope you don't watch any medical dramas they say 'stat' all the time.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
hector

Post by hector »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 am I hope you don't watch any medical dramas they say 'stat' all the time.
Only in American ones H..... I don't watch them....... :)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

hector wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 am Only in American ones H..... I don't watch them....... :)
:) :)