Home Form

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Home Form

Post by 1964white » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Irish Ian wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:09 pm
Eureka!!!

I have worked out how to stop conceding these sucker punch late goals!

Last season
Blunts
Derby

This season.
Forest
Swans
Derby.

At KO win the toss and play towards the kop in the FIRST half!

Sorted. 8-)

Does anyone have Kalvins mobile No? He could then speak to Cooper for me :wave:
Never thought of that, all those goals scored at the South Stand end

Irish Ian
First Team
First Team

Post by Irish Ian » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:19 pm

1964white wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 pm
Never thought of that, all those goals scored at the South Stand end
Spread the word
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:44 am

Wood scores a equalising header in the six yard box again v Villa yesterday

23 goals in 69 games in the premiership for the big man now

How many headers do you see Bamford nodding in the net, he'd spend much of his time on the bench if he was playing in the premiership.

I doubt pretty boy could score in a brothel now :o

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:17 am

1964white wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:44 am
Wood scores a equalising header in the six yard box again v Villa yesterday

23 goals in 69 games in the premiership for the big man now

How many headers do you see Bamford nodding in the net, he'd spend much of his time on the bench if he was playing in the premiership.

I doubt pretty boy could score in a brothel now :o
As I have said previously the problem isn't so much Bamford but that we don't contribute goals from elsewhere. Bamford has 4 in 9, which is okay and if you consider most matches he has been subbed with 15 to 30 minutes remaining he has probably scored 4 in 7 in terms of minutes on the pitch. Swopping him for Eddie would likely yield a similar goal return but it counts for nothing if the rest of the team don't chip in a few more goals or even work the opposition keeper.
Senor El Weasel

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:13 am

weasel wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:17 am
As I have said previously the problem isn't so much Bamford but that we don't contribute goals from elsewhere. Bamford has 4 in 9, which is okay and if you consider most matches he has been subbed with 15 to 30 minutes remaining he has probably scored 4 in 7 in terms of minutes on the pitch. Swopping him for Eddie would likely yield a similar goal return but it counts for nothing if the rest of the team don't chip in a few more goals or even work the opposition keeper.
If we are are quoting figures

Bamford 0 in his last 4 games, could have scored 5 but we're not gonna get that with this fella as he has history of missing chances.

You're right about the lack of contribution from the rest of the team, they all take one touch too many rather than instinctively shoot at any given opportunity allowing defenders to block their efforts

Like PB, Harrison finds it easier to hit a post than a wide open net.

Klich loves his daisy-cutters plus he tends to sky them just as Hernandez, Harrison, Alioski & Phillips does.

Forshaw scuffs & hits his shots straight at a keeper or manages to find a defender to block it as does Costa.

Cooper & White rarely win the ball in the air at set-pieces, if they do invariably their headers fly over the bar, remember when Bartley & Jansson use to chip in with nearly ten goals a season. I wouldn't be surprised if KB scored against us on Tuesday evening

Douglas doesn't know what shooting is anymore since he wore the white shirt of Leeds.

Even Eddie has missed a few chances of late.

Our players need to use a proper technique, a golden rule when shooting which should be coached into them by Bielsa & his troops

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:46 pm

1964white wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:13 am
If we are are quoting figures

Bamford 0 in his last 4 games, could have scored 5 but we're not gonna get that with this fella as he has history of missing chances.

You're right about the lack of contribution from the rest of the team, they all take one touch too many rather than instinctively shoot at any given opportunity allowing defenders to block their efforts
All strikers miss chances and Bamford has a history of being a streaky striker, won't score in a few games then have a purple run of form. That is why we need goals from elsewhere as even if Bamford scored 25 goals then that leaves a minimum of 21 games where he doesn't score.
Senor El Weasel

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:44 pm

We are actually averaging 2 points per game at home now i read.

14 from 7 games.

But worryingly only Boro who are absolutely dire, Woody is out of his depth and a bit delusional judging by some of his comments.

But only Boro have scored less home goals.

5 goals for Boro
7 for us.

That needs to change

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:03 pm

weasel wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:46 pm
All strikers miss chances and Bamford has a history of being a streaky striker, won't score in a few games then have a purple run of form. That is why we need goals from elsewhere as even if Bamford scored 25 goals then that leaves a minimum of 21 games where he doesn't score.
No need to worry pablo is back

Advertisment