Home Form

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Home Form

Post by weasel »

Klich will score more goals than both KP and Forshaw combined and also create more. If we are talking about dropping a midfielder to try to improve our chances of scoring more then it has to be either KP or Forshaw otherwise we are increasing our chances of scoring but then also lessening our chances of scoring. Don't forget that for Eddie's recent winner from Costa's cross the key pass was the sublimely well weighted and incredibly accurate pass from Klich. Klich gets no assist for it but neither KP or AF is capable of playing those passes (despite probably having higher pass completion ratios than Klich).

Hernandez and Klich are vital to this team in terms of us creating opportunities.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

No way should Klich be dropped; as weasel said, him and Pablo are key to chance creation. If teams are content to come to ER and simply defend, then Forshaw for me is the one that could be sacrificed. Tough on him, as he has generally been excellent this season, but two defensive minded midfielders at home is unnecessary. Squad rotation will also prevent burnout, keep everyone fresh etc. I might be inclined to play Eddie ahead of Bamford at home too; for whatever reason, Paddy is not as effective at ER. It's a tough call, as he strikes me as being a confidence player, but maybe the pressure to deliver in front of the faithful gets to him?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Their is something wrong with us at home, has to be.

That game at Pride Park we win at a canter.

Something happens at Elland Road and it causes games like this, like Forest, like Swansea.

This will cost us promotion, its only September and we have already allowed 7 points to slip away at home.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

time to call in the witch doctor and exorcise the demons !
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Were not going up this season with home form like this it's a disgrace I honestly have never seen anything like it cant even score a f**king penalty. Bielsa just lives on hope that the same team will somehow come good and learn how to finish. Costa argubly our best player needs to start and to be honest I would get Robert's in for hernandez aswell oh and of course Bamford needs dropping.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Totally agree Wr. Only a fool keeps making the same mistakes and leeds are blessed with many.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

At least most results have gone our way, just shows this league should be ours for the taking we should be sitting pretty on 24 points now 7 clear of the chasing pack. Bielsa's system is not in doubt but his selections are.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think we've blown 5 points - 4 v Forest and Derby and 1 v Swansea..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 pm Bielsa's system is not in doubt but his selections are.
Dunno WR we looked so jaded today come the hour mark today, our system will only work if we have the correct players in it and I cant see how Bamford fits into it as a lone striker. This system is really one where we score three and they score two.

But we are now being tagged as a side you will get a late goal against. Today everyone in the ground and those watching on tv knew what was to come, even before they scored we had kiko giving us all flashbacks when he came for one and missed. I hope it is time for those players to have a real look at themselves and resolve to try and show some bottle.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:15 pm Dunno WR we looked so jaded today come the hour mark today, our system will only work if we have the correct players in it and I cant see how Bamford fits into it as a lone striker. This system is really one where we score three and they score two.

But we are now being tagged as a side you will get a late goal against. Today everyone in the ground and those watching on tv knew what was to come, even before they scored we had kiko giving us all flashbacks when he came for one and missed. I hope it is time for those players to have a real look at themselves and resolve to try and show some bottle.
That's where your captain and leader takes charge, but we don't have one.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

If we looked jaded today after an hour then they can forget it. If they cant manage 2 games in 7 days then they are not fit. Squad rotation is vital but Bielsa is incapable of this which will only stop leeds from running away with this league and possibly cost promotion.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:21 pm That's where your captain and leader takes charge, but we don't have one.
Yes that has been a concern since last season.

MB asked the players to select a captain which isnt always a good idea, as the person who can get you motivated isnt always your closest buddy
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I feel sorry for our home fans, our players are very lucky to have 33,500 cheering Leeds on.

Oh well back to watching the lads win at Charlton next Saturday :-D
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:06 pm I feel sorry for our home fans, our players are very lucky to have 33,500 cheering Leeds on.

Oh well back to watching the lads win at Charlton next Saturday :-D
They are in a bit of a dip so it will be a good time to face them.

I turned off onceDerby scored. What was the reaction inside the ground once the final whistle today?
'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:16 pm They are in a bit of a dip so it will be a good time to face them.

I turned off onceDerby scored. What was the reaction inside the ground once the final whistle today?
Unfortunately lots of boos at the final whistle

Our players did receive a generous applause from those in the kop

One silly tw*t at the front of the kop was giving Phillips grief of all players, Kalvin approached him & had words with the idiot before our stewards intervened.

KP then took his applause to the chant of 'He's Yorkshire's Pirlo' :-D

If only we had eleven Kalvin Phillips
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:26 pm Unfortunately lots of boos at the final whistle

Our players did receive a generous applause from those in the kop

One silly tw*t at the front of the kop was giving Phillips grief of all players, Kalvin approached him & had words with the idiot before our stewards intervened.

KP then took his applause to the chant of 'He's Yorkshire's Pirlo' :-D

If only we had eleven Kalvin Phillips
That was very big of Phillips to respond that way and it shows where his heart is.

You could just sense the goal coming, everywhere the TV cameras panned you could see the strain on everyone's faces.

We are turning EL into our own graveyard.
'
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:15 pm But we are now being tagged as a side you will get a late goal against. Today everyone in the ground and those watching on tv knew what was to come, even before they scored we had kiko giving us all flashbacks when he came for one and missed.
The key with the home form is as you say everyone can feel it coming and a such there is 30,000 plus getting jittery and 11 on the pitch, away from home and same situation it is different because there are less fans to get jittery. Teams are always going to get 1 chance, even when a team scores 4,5,6 quite often the opposition still gets 1, it just doesn't matter so much when you still get the win, like Bristol's goal to make it 3-1 made us a bit jittery but was ultimately meaningless. Performances at home are not the problem just gotta stick it in the net, Swansea, Forest and Derby could all have gone home having lost 3 or 4-0 and wouldn't have had the right to complain.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:37 pm The key with the home form is as you say everyone can feel it coming and a such there is 30,000 plus getting jittery and 11 on the pitch, away from home and same situation it is different because there are less fans to get jittery. Teams are always going to get 1 chance, even when a team scores 4,5,6 quite often the opposition still gets 1, it just doesn't matter so much when you still get the win, like Bristol's goal to make it 3-1 made us a bit jittery but was ultimately meaningless. Performances at home are not the problem just gotta stick it in the net, Swansea, Forest and Derby could all have gone home having lost 3 or 4-0 and wouldn't have had the right to complain.
That is the fault of players for under-performing throughout the second-half

Our fans were right behind the players for much of the game but when it's obvious to everyone that we had totally lost our rhythm & cohesion of our game with the likelihood of a equaliser inevitable even though we weren't under too much pressure I can understand our fans frustration.

Btw Patrick Bamford's name was sung all afternoon even though he missed chance after chance.

I played in front of the biggest crowd ever in our bowls final last week (150 in all), but it didn't effect my game as we won our rink :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

It's frustrating for sure but Klich despatches the penalty, it's 3 points and we're all happy.
MB's substitutions can't be blamed for a missed penalty.
Sooner or later some team is going to cop a walloping off us at ER.
We're not firing on all cylinders yet and we're top of the league.
It's not as bad as people are making out.
We can and will win it this season.
There, I've said it.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:59 pm It's frustrating for sure but Klich despatches the penalty, it's 3 points and we're all happy.
MB's substitutions can't be blamed for a missed penalty.
Sooner or later some team is going to cop a walloping off us at ER.
We're not firing on all cylinders yet and we're top of the league.
It's not as bad as people are making out.
We can and will win it this season.
There, I've said it.

I still think we can too Chilli :tup: