Eddie Nketiah

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Eddie Nketiah

Post by Irish Ian »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:58 pm Couple of pieces of brilliance from Eddie and Costa that casual fans would miss.........

First, on his centering pass, Costa created the lane by wrong-footing the defender, who was expecting Costa to use his right foot for the pass. Instead, he centered the ball using the outside of his left foot. I used to try doing that when I played, but could never achieve any sort of accuracy and certainly not with the pace Costa had on the ball. Massive display of skill. I can't imagine how many hours of practice it took to be able to make that pass so effortlessly.

As for Nketiah, as he was approaching the goal, he drove the man marking him to the near post. But as Costa tuned the corner, Eddie drew back toward the far post, leaving the defender completely at sea. By the time Costa's beautiful centering pass got to him, there wasn't a defender within five yards.

That goal is why they call this the beautiful game. I know I'm repeating myself, but when these two start getting more minutes together we are going to put a serious hurt on this league.
I saw that too, I tried to use the outside if my left foot for years too. I was accurate but could never get any power behind it insless I swept the ball which rarely worked.

What I loved last night was the sound of the crowd as they realised it was a certain goal.

If those two continue to build an understanding up front we have a real chance in this league.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

A terrace chant in the making... who can make up some verses?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:01 pm A terrace chant in the making... who can make up some verses?
Wow! That got me up and Dancing. I'd forgotten all about that song. I grew up listening to it as it was in Mum and Dads record collection :).....when I was very young and just discovered music

I'm sure we can come up with some Lyrics

Also, we must get the music player at Elland Road to play it when Eddie scores....would that be allowed :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I mentioned the pull away from Nketiah during the game, a small thing but very clever and high class.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Mr Wright goes wild about Eddie
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Quality player, the work off the ball is immense. Lucky to have him for the season, imagine how sick Bristol feel
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm I mentioned the pull away from Nketiah during the game, a small thing but very clever and high class.
Great minds think alike. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 pm Mr Wright goes wild about Eddie
Wow I compared Eddie to Ian Wright when I saw him on YouTube after we signed him, confirmed my thoughts after I saw him at Salford, I commented at that time if Nketiah is half as good as Ian Wright we've got ourselves a very good player

Great to see Wrighty supporting the lad :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 pm Wow! That got me up and Dancing. I'd forgotten all about that song. I grew up listening to it as it was in Mum and Dads record collection :).....when I was very young and just discovered music

I'm sure we can come up with some Lyrics

Also, we must get the music player at Elland Road to play it when Eddie scores....would that be allowed :duno:
My music pal Gary mentioned the Heinz classic song at the Salford game, more original than the 'Eddie' chant.

As a kid I bought the single too Swannie 8-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 07.49.58.png
Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 07.49.58.png (277.37 KiB) Viewed 3493 times
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:18 am My music pal Gary mentioned the Heinz classic song at the Salford game, more original than the 'Eddie' chant.
As a kid I bought the single too Swannie 8-)
Here is something I slapped together roughly based on Just like Eddie
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I do worry Arsenal will recall him in January if he's not getting enough starts. Clubs are so impatient these days, they expect their players to start all 46 games.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:15 pm I do worry Arsenal will recall him in January if he's not getting enough starts. Clubs are so impatient these days, they expect their players to start all 46 games.
Worry not, his chance will come.
There's no way Bamford will start all 46 games.You could see how desperate he was to impress when he came today to the point of being a bit greedy but completely understandable as we were 3-0 ahead.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:15 pm I do worry Arsenal will recall him in January if he's not getting enough starts. Clubs are so impatient these days, they expect their players to start all 46 games.
Certainly a tricky situation, equally it could be the same with Clarke. The perils of only having injuries in defence and not in midfield or attack. I am sure injuries will happen soon enough and it doesn't necessarily have to be to Bamford as it may be that if a midfielder got injured Bielsa would tweak things to play both Bamford and Eddie.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:48 pm Certainly a tricky situation, equally it could be the same with Clarke. The perils of only having injuries in defence and not in midfield or attack. I am sure injuries will happen soon enough and it doesn't necessarily have to be to Bamford as it may be that if a midfielder got injured Bielsa would tweak things to play both Bamford and Eddie.
Certainly can see Clarke being recalled, although it depends on whether Poch wants him to remain with Bielsa. Jack as well might not want to go to another team in the Championship.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Needs to relax a bit, his chance will come, he will get starts.

Did ok when he came on, used his pace well.

But was to greedy, clearly desperate to impress but it would impress Bielsa more if he had squared that ball to the spare man on his right after that run he did.

Their is a time to run and a time to pass Eddie.

Talk to Wrighty if he is willing to help, talk to Theirry Henry.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Impressive start from young Eddie

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 10.47.14.png
Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 10.47.14.png (201.12 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 15.14.37.png
Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 15.14.37.png (259.18 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

All I can say is I would start Eddie over Bamford..but it's not my decision to make but we're playing a 4-6-0 starting 11 atm and that includes two wing backs
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"