Eddie Nketiah

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Eddie Nketiah

Post by Cjay »

All bar him have their own thread so only seems fair.

Arsenal and England youth international goal machine rumoured to be on his way.

The 20 year old has been on a pre season tour with Arsenal and impressed grabbing some goals including a brace vs Fiorentina in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Eddie is a prolific goalscorer at youth level.

During the 2016/2017 season he scored 15 goals in 16 games for the u18s and 12 in 26 for the u23s.

In October 2017 Arsene Wenger handed Nketiah his chance, vs Norwich at Carrow Road in the cup he came off the bench to score within 15 seconds and then scored the winner for Arsenal in extra time.

Unai Emery decided to keep Nketiah around last season and he started playing in the Europa League group stages but struggled to make an impact.

He went back to the u23s where he shone again before Danny Welbeck's injury gave him a first team spot again.

Shining in sporadic cameos the 20 year old couldnt displace Lacazette and Aubameyang (unsurprisingly) but did make a positive impression and scored his first professional senior league goal in the last game vs Burnley.

Nketiah has drawn comparisons with Arsenal icon Ian Wright including praise from the man himself.

Nketiah was coached briefly by another Arsenal icon at youth level, Theirry Henry.

Eddie Nketiah is described at a versatile forward, able to play all across the front line and a player with great technical ability, pace, dribbling skill, workrate and eye for a goal.

Was a bit down about Eddie tbh but after reading about him feel better :)

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Eddie Nketiah

Post by BGwhite »

Love the fact Bristol were waiting for him to turn up for his medical but he never appeared. Can just imagine the chat going on..." Where is he ? " " Just heard he's had a call from Leeds" , " Ffs ! Done over by them on Sunday now again on Wednesday, NOT HAPPY !".
Of course , he may still go there so I'm not counting chickens just yet.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

:)

I think he can be our Abraham. Lethal finisher and will get into good positions. Plus he will bring pace which we severely lack.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks a Roofe clone...excellent work.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Confirmed we have him on a season long loan. No mention of option to buy
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

MightyWhites wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:22 pm Confirmed we have him on a season long loan. No mention of option to buy
He's very highly rated by Arsenal, so that was never going to be the case.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Really like the look of Eddie from what I've seem on YouTube

Can't wait to see him in action close up 8-)

Pace, goals, Bielsa type player.....what more could you want :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Bristol City fans going bonkers apparently....some saying they hate Leeds even more now :lol: one fan though was perfectly honest and clever and suggested that he'd watched the game between the two sides and obviously chose the far superior club... :rol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

This lad has been making waves with Arsenal fans as of late, and what a boost to his career it'll be to not only be mentored by Marcelo Bielsa (who described him as one of the most important young players in English football) but have the singular glory and honour of taking Leeds back to the Prem.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And we've worked loans well in the main under Rads, there's every chance we can work a deal with Ars next season and I doubt he'll get many starts for us anyway with Bamford as our number 1...I doubt he's on the bench tomorrow
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:37 pm Bristol City fans going bonkers apparently....some saying they hate Leeds even more now :lol: one fan though was perfectly honest and clever and suggested that he'd watched the game between the two sides and obviously chose the far superior club... :rol:
Why are they so desperate to have a rivalry with us? Weird bunch. Remember they kicked a 5 year old out last year for wearing Leeds socks in the family stand. Pathetic. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:56 pm And we've worked loans well in the main under Rads, there's every chance we can work a deal with Ars next season and I doubt he'll get many starts for us anyway with Bamford as our number 1...I doubt he's on the bench tomorrow
It's a long season, with injuries and loss of form, he'll get plenty of starts. If Bamford doesn't score on Saturday, plenty will already be screaming for him to be dropped. :roll:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:And we've worked loans well in the main under Rads, there's every chance we can work a deal with Ars next season and I doubt he'll get many starts for us anyway with Bamford as our number 1...I doubt he's on the bench tomorrow
Me too...we dont play till Saturday ,Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:05 pm It's a long season, with injuries and loss of form, he'll get plenty of starts. If Bamford doesn't score on Saturday, plenty will already be screaming for him to be dropped. :roll:
Scream all you like, won't make MB's mind up for him..e's probably like me, tends to ignore the twitter morons
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

he may be involved against salford in the cup . :duno:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Hopefully he will start against Salford next week. I for one am really excited to see what this young fella can do for us this season.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:56 pm And we've worked loans well in the main under Rads, there's every chance we can work a deal with Ars next season and I doubt he'll get many starts for us anyway with Bamford as our number 1...I doubt he's on the bench tomorrow
Hopefully Eddie will play v Salford next Tuesday
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oops that's three of us think Eddie will make his Leeds debut next Tuesday
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:05 pm It's a long season, with injuries and loss of form, he'll get plenty of starts. If Bamford doesn't score on Saturday, plenty will already be screaming for him to be dropped. :roll:
Our fans get right behind Bamford at matches as they did before & after he scored at Ashton Gate
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 pm Oops that's three of us think Eddie will make his Leeds debut next Tuesday
I don't like any of our players playing against lower league cloggers....theres always much more risk of injury, especially if we are away as the state of ome of these pitches doesn't help. Are we away to Salford? and arent they owned by ex scum players? Hopefully they wont be told to 'put the boot in'.....