Facundo Colidio

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Facundo Colidio

Post by Cjay »

Respected Sky Italia Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reporting we are close to completing a deal for Inter Milan and Argentina youth international striker Facundo Colidio.

The 19 year old came through the famous Boca Juniors academy, previous graduates include Carlos Tevez, Fernando Gago and Ever Banega.

Inter paid £8mil for Colidio when he was just 17 beating off competition from Manchester City and Juventus and may insist on a buy back clause.

Prefers playing as a striker, can play wide left or as a number 10.

Was included in the Guardians 60 best talents in World Football in 2017.

And has shone in youth football.

He will be a first team player, that is certain if he arrives.

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Facundo Colidio

Post by SG90 »

I'm all for signing young exciting South American talent, but we really need to sign players that will improve the first team, not to sit in the u23s.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:39 pm I'm all for signing young exciting South American talent, but we really need to sign players that will improve the first team, not to sit in the u23s.
Tbf he has spent pre season with the Inter first team on their tour.

He has been training with the first team for a while and learning from Mauro Icardi and Lautaro Martinez and is apparently very very highly rated.

Wont hold the fact he cant break through at Inter against him.

I fully support this move if it happens.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

He looks a big, strong, powerful boy

We were discussing on our travels yesterday why Bielsa hasn't touted the Argentinian market.

Marcelo has probably told Orta you're looking in the wrong direction now let me show you the type of players we require :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:56 pm Tbf he has spent pre season with the Inter first team on their tour.

He has been training with the first team for a while and learning from Mauro Icardi and Lautaro Martinez and is apparently very very highly rated.

Wont hold the fact he cant break through at Inter against him.

I fully support this move if it happens.
To be honest, I think he will end up being much better than Roofe in the future and I think Bielsa will turn him into a star. However, if we're signing him, he needs to be in first team and not left in the u23s for six months, especially at that kind of price tag.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:03 pm He looks a big, strong, powerful boy

We were discussing on our travels yesterday why Bielsa hasn't touted the Argentinian market.

Marcelo has probably told Orta you're looking in the wrong direction now let me show you the type of players we require :lol:
Have been wondering why we weren't raiding Argentina myself.

Argentinian players tend to have the right temperament for England.

All their strikers have a bit of a nasty streak, Tevez, Icardi, Batistuta etc.

Apparently quite quick and able to beat a man to but also intelligent hence why he can play wide or as a 10.

Applaud Orta and Radz if this comes off because its the sort of risk i like :)

The last Argie striker we had wasnt bad . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:05 pm To be honest, I think he will end up being much better than Roofe in the future and I think Bielsa will turn him into a star. However, if we're signing him, he needs to be in first team and not left in the u23s for six months, especially at that kind of price tag.
He had had a good pre season so presumably match fit, if this is MB's pick then i cant see him going in to the u23s at all tbf.

Why would he swap Inter's youth team for ours.

I think its a bold move and an outside the box one, its something to be applauded imo.

Hope it comes off.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

This is Bielsa wanting him btw, not Orta. That's why I said let Bielsa decide on signings rather than Orta. Ben White was also a Bielsa recommendation.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Thought they were interested in his centre back buddy as well. Looks like he doesn't use one foot just to stand on which is unusual in modern football.
Last edited by Mick Jones shoulder on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Happy to have Colidio, and to get Nolan who's also highly-rated alongside him would be a sound bit of business, two birds with with stone. Yes he's young but that's proven to be no barrier in a Bielsa team. He's older than Bogusz who sat on the bench yesterday. With the first team in fine form they'll only be backup for the time being anyway, so plenty of time to get up to speed barring any major injuries.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm He had had a good pre season so presumably match fit, if this is MB's pick then i cant see him going in to the u23s at all tbf.

Why would he swap Inter's youth team for ours.

I think its a bold move and an outside the box one, its something to be applauded imo.

Hope it comes off.
Definitely agree, I'd rather sign him than spend £20m on Gayle or McBurnie. Very ambitious and exciting. But it just makes promotion even more imperative, as otherwise he will be gone in a year to a bottom dwelling PL team.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm This is Bielsa wanting him btw, not Orta. That's why I said let Bielsa decide on signings rather than Orta. Ben White was also a Bielsa recommendation.
Interesting, I'm not surprised

LUFC need to change Marcelo's title role to manager/coach

Get rid of Orta & save on his salary, we're still trying to offload his rubbish

Boro' have the same problem too !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Now to work out how to fit Facundo Colidio into a chant. :duno: Best I've got is the Luciano Becchio/Jose Mourinho "La Donna E Mobile" one.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I’d happily take this guy as Roofes replacement, I’d be ok with Nolan too as back up CB, a keeper is certain to arrive and Kent rumors won’t go away, if those four came in this week I’d be happy
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 pm Have been wondering why we weren't raiding Argentina myself.
Am guessing it is mainly a work permit problem as Spain and Italy always seem to have been laxer with their criteria than we are. Likely he now has dual nationality and as such can move to us but wouldn't have been able to directly from Argentina.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:29 pm Am guessing it is mainly a work permit problem as Spain and Italy always seem to have been laxer with their criteria than we are. Likely he now has dual nationality and as such can move to us but wouldn't have been able to directly from Argentina.

Quite difficult to get permits for non-EU** players who haven't represented their countries.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/ ... k-permits/

** God knows how Brexit affects EU players, probably have to sell Pablo.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:34 pm Quite difficult to get permits for non-EU** players who haven't represented their countries.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/ ... k-permits/

** God knows how Brexit affects EU players, probably have to sell Pablo.
Would imagine in the future it will be harder to sign EU players too but that players already here won't be forced to leave yet but it may be that a club would need to apply for a permit prior to getting current players to sign new contracts.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:09 pm Would imagine in the future it will be harder to sign EU players too but that players already here won't be forced to leave yet but it may be that a club would need to apply for a permit prior to getting current players to sign new contracts.

So what your saying is, next year Harry Maguire will be worth £200m?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm So what your saying is, next year Harry Maguire will be worth £200m?
At the current rate, by the January window.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 pm At the current rate, by the January window.

Premiership is f***ed, I'm almost glad to still be in the Championship.