Hot Hot Hot

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hot Hot Hot !

Post by whiteswan »

Lovely pics 64. We took our yacht 'Harmony' out today on our river. So hot downwind but a fantastic breeze when we were upwind....
Travelling upt to Wakey on Thursday...air con all the way....especially with houndie in the car with us...
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Love Whitby!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:41 am Forecasts of 37 for Thursday dahn saarf.
We're sort of Dahn saarf Sara...Suffolk East Coast. Travelling upt North Thursday to visit my folks. Will be Hot Hot Hot! Taking lots of water, water sprays, and air con all the way, especially as we will have houndie in the car with us.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:37 pm Lovely pics 64. We took our yacht 'Harmony' out today on our river. So hot downwind but a fantastic breeze when we were upwind....
Travelling upt to Wakey on Thursday...air con all the way....especially with houndie in the car with us...
You'll need it, air con been on in my car for weeks

Little tip for everyone....set your heating to 19 or 20 when your air-con is on, if you set it on low you freeze to death :lol:

Safe journey Swannie

Btw have you viewed the cricket thread of late :roflmao:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:41 pm We're sort of Dahn saarf Sara...Suffolk East Coast. Travelling upt North Thursday to visit my folks. Will be Hot Hot Hot! Taking lots of water, water sprays, and air con all the way, especially as we will have houndie in the car with us.
Good luck, it's a hot day to be travelling. I had to be in London when it was 33, and that was bad enough.

I've got the dentist first thing on Thursday, and will be wild swimming after that. Spent most of today in the River Dane.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Safe journey Swannie

Btw have you viewed the cricket thread of late :roflmao:

Thanks Leon.....

Btw....hector duly dealt with :lol: :lol: :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 pm Good luck, it's a hot day to be travelling. I had to be in London when it was 33, and that was bad enough.

I've got the dentist first thing on Thursday, and will be wild swimming after that. Spent most of today in the River Dane.
Cheers Sara....yes, not really looking forward to the journey, although we have the A/C, although it did pack up on us last year on one journey up North :(

Dentist visit eh? Now, that's my field :) Spent quite a few years working in dentistry....loved it, mind you the patients didn't :lol:

Love the thought of wild swimming. Although, we tend to be ON the water rather than in it.....sailing.... :)
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Hate the sticky muggy weather it can f**k off where it came from.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

I wish the average summer temp was in the mid 30's... That would be amazing.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:33 pm Cheers Sara....yes, not really looking forward to the journey, although we have the A/C, although it did pack up on us last year on one journey up North :(

Dentist visit eh? Now, that's my field :) Spent quite a few years working in dentistry....loved it, mind you the patients didn't :lol:

Love the thought of wild swimming. Although, we tend to be ON the water rather than in it.....sailing.... :)
No one likes the dentist! I thought I read somewhere that dentists had the highest suicide rate of any profession - all that staring into people's grotty mouths, presumably. You must be the exception!

Love being in the water, by it, or on it - I'm a proper pisces girl.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 am No one likes the dentist! I thought I read somewhere that dentists had the highest suicide rate of any profession - all that staring into people's grotty mouths, presumably. You must be the exception!

Love being in the water, by it, or on it - I'm a proper pisces girl.
I was dental nursing. Started with the school dental service in Wakefield and then out to the Middle East, working in a hospital dental unit for 12 years. Became the Senior within 2 years and pulled myself out of the surgery straight away to deal with rota's, ordering etc etc. and cruising about in the air ambulance once a month. Must say I didn't miss the surgery side of it at all :)
Yes, you are right about dentists and the suicide rate. Something to do with drilling little holes and then filling them up again...gets all a bit repetitive.
We have a 33 ft sailing yacht. Used to sail over to France, Belgium and Holland. Did that for about 23 years, sometimes twice a year :shock: ....not bad for someone who doesn't actually like the 'sailing' aspect of the boat! :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm ....not bad for someone who doesn't actually like the 'sailing' aspect of the boat! :lol:
so what you are saying is......

You like the Pimms and Rum 'aspect of the boat' :) :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:19 pm so what you are saying is......

You like the Pimms and Rum 'aspect of the boat' :) :)
:rol:

....and the Gin and tonic
....and the vodka and tonic
....and the wines
....and the malt
....and the beers
...........all wonderful 'aspects of the boat' of which she is stocked 'a plenty' :lol:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:43 am Up in Northumberland for 11 nights from Monday. :) 💥
Where abouts? Was scorching yesterday, but overcast and muggy today... still been out in the garden all day though!
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Love Whitby 64.
Been in The Dolphin or The Jolly Sailors yet ? 😀
If it’s hot back home then it’s blo*dy boiling here in Cyprus ☀️☀️☀️😺
gessa

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:55 pm Where abouts? Was scorching yesterday, but overcast and muggy today... still been out in the garden all day though!
Just outside Craster, nice storm last night Tom :) we've had sun since about 10.00 this morning, just back from Beadnell, lovely beach.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:01 pm Love Whitby 64.
We were there in October, 27ish most days, can't imagine what it's like now, local fella told us it's usually around 38-40 July / August.
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm :rol:

....and the Gin and tonic
....and the vodka and tonic
....and the wines
....and the malt
....and the beers
...........all wonderful 'aspects of the boat' of which she is stocked 'a plenty' :lol:
And that's why hubby steers not Swannie.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:00 pm Just outside Craster, nice storm last night Tom :) we've had sun since about 10.00 this morning, just back from Beadnell, lovely beach.
I did say Beadnell beach is lovely mate

Beadnell is where Jill & I first fell in love with Northumbria although we had stayed more inland in Corbridge a couple of time prior to our stays on the coastline

So glad you're all enjoying yourselves, you deserve a good holiday after what you've been through in recent months Ges
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:01 pm Love Whitby 64.
No always driving when we visit Whitby so we tend to give pubs a miss Cat

Hope you are enjoying Cyprus :tup: