The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 9th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 9th July)

Post by Genghers »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:37 am This is the only thing that worries me about Bielsa.

Thing is, Saiz wanted/wants away, so there's no keeping him if you value squad harmony. We've all been out with friends when so done brings a partner who clearly doesn't want to be there - ruins the atmosphere.

I suspect we'll never get the full (non-partisan) explanation about the Jansson situation. I don't buy that its ffp, as there are more valuable assets in the squad. Bielsa wasn't keen last year and perhaps we would have sold PJ in the summer had we been able to secure a replacement.

I'm happy with Cooper and Berardi starting for now though. They were a good partnership at the beginning of the season and despite their relative lack of height, I don't think they were dominated in the air, even against the giants of Boro.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Genghers wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 am Thing is, Saiz wanted/wants away, so there's no keeping him if you value squad harmony. We've all been out with friends when so done brings a partner who clearly doesn't want to be there - ruins the atmosphere.

I suspect we'll never get the full (non-partisan) explanation about the Jansson situation. I don't buy that its ffp, as there are more valuable assets in the squad. Bielsa wasn't keen last year and perhaps we would have sold PJ in the summer had we been able to secure a replacement.

I'm happy with Cooper and Berardi starting for now though. They were a good partnership at the beginning of the season and despite their relative lack of height, I don't think they were dominated in the air, even against the giants of Boro.
Genghers, their was far more than met the eye regarding the Saiz affair

DAY 1

i) Saiz’s body-fat tests was lagging behind his teammates.

ii) He was bottom of the pile at running sessions in the summer.

iii) Saiz struggled to meet Marcelo Bielsa’s body fat target of 10% or less.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON WE WERE DRIP FED

Reports were forthcoming throughout the day criticising almost every aspect of 27 yo's 'struggling' game.

Then an article appeared from sources close to Saiz expressing their surprise that the 27yo had not returned to Spanish football the previous Summer (almost indicating that Saiz's was on borrowed time at Elland Road)!

Then at 5pm, Leeds journo Phil Hay posted :-

A major development at Leeds and somewhat out the blue - Getafe looking to do a deal for Samuel Saiz.

Saiz unhappy in England and wants to go back to Spain. Could be set for a parting of ways.

THE PRESIDENT OF GETAFE HAD TWEETED EARLIER IN THE DAY THAT THEY WERE SIGNING A VERY EXCITING PLAYER (SAIZ) WHILST ALL THE PR MACHINE AT LEEDS WERE STILL FINDING ANY ANGLE TO SLAG SAIZ OFF DRIP FEEDING US THESE STORIES
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:26 pm Genghers, their was far more than met the eye regarding the Saiz affair

DAY 1

i) Saiz’s body-fat tests was lagging behind his teammates.

ii) He was bottom of the pile at running sessions in the summer.

iii) Saiz struggled to meet Marcelo Bielsa’s body fat target of 10% or less.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON WE WERE DRIP FED

Reports were forthcoming throughout the day criticising almost every aspect of 27 yo's 'struggling' game.

Then an article appeared from sources close to Saiz expressing their surprise that the 27yo had not returned to Spanish football the previous Summer (almost indicating that Saiz's was on borrowed time at Elland Road)!

Then at 5pm, Leeds journo Phil Hay posted :-

A major development at Leeds and somewhat out the blue - Getafe looking to do a deal for Samuel Saiz.

Saiz unhappy in England and wants to go back to Spain. Could be set for a parting of ways.

THE PRESIDENT OF GETAFE HAD TWEETED EARLIER IN THE DAY THAT THEY WERE SIGNING A VERY EXCITING PLAYER (SAIZ) WHILST ALL THE PR MACHINE AT LEEDS WERE STILL FINDING ANY ANGLE TO SLAG SAIZ OFF DRIP FEEDING US THESE STORIES
Why?

To nullify the fans discontent.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thomas Vermaelen is a crock.

A big name but a crock who has spent most of the last 5 years injured.

He has been lucky to make 15 appearance a season for the last 5 years.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm Thomas Vermaelen is a crock.

A big name but a crock who has spent most of the last 5 years injured.

He has been lucky to make 15 appearance a season for the last 5 years.
He will fit in well then :)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Sounds perfect for LUFC !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Has there ever been a time that has tested your loyalty?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Has there ever been a time that has tested your loyalty?
Loyalty not wavered one little bit, I would be far more concerned if we started next season with BPF in goal than us not having PJ or/and Roofe.
I back Bielsa 100%. What a great job he has done at the club. If he wants players gone then get them gone, okay fee for PJ was a bit disappointing but the fact not one premiership club was prepared to buy him for such a low price tells its own story.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Albert Adomah’s agent has told #ssn his player is currently undergoing a medical at #nffc. Terms agreed, should sign this evening after being released by #avfc.

I'll never forget the solo goal he scored against Leeds last season beating all 10 men....
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:42 pm okay fee for PJ was a bit disappointing but the fact not one premiership club was prepared to buy him for such a low price tells its own story.
Peter Jansson said yesterday they couldn't find a PL club, as they'd only been given 3 weeks to find one, so turned to championship clubs aswell. What that says to me is, no PL team wanted him, they've had 3 weeks and have another 4 before the window closes, so why weren't Villa, Sheff Utd and Soton knocking the door down as they're all supposed to be big admirers. As a player, you'd think any mid to low prem team would want him, football is a small world, so perhaps they didn't want him for reasons other than ability, otherwise he'd be snapped up, especially at that price.

Sorry he's gone but agree with you, this as all stemmed from him being told he's not first choice next season, whether that was a good thing, I'd say no but we have to live with it..
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 am Vermaelen would be a decent addition, of course wages are always the issue when it comes to that type of player.
Mmmm he's now saying Vidic not Vermaelen but I can't see that to be honest but it would be a good signing and piss the Scum off
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:24 pm Mmmm he's now saying Vidic not Vermaelen but I can't see that to be honest but it would be a good signing and piss the Scum off

Vidic retired about 2 seasons back.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wouldn't mind it being Vertonghen.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:12 pm Vidic retired about 2 seasons back.
Well nothing mentioned at the Kit Launch
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Cahill a free agent being touted to Leeds
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 pm Gary Cahill a free agent being touted to Leeds
Think that is Whelan talk, he will end up at Villa Park methinks.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 pm Well nothing mentioned at the Kit Launch
Tbh mate, not dissing your mate but I didn't expect there to be, but think we're not far off an announcement..
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 pm Think that is Whelan talk, he will end up at Villa Park methinks.
They can have him, decent player for a few seasons but the last 3 he's been injred loads and was pretty shite when he did play..
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It's all a pity but it's what it is - time to move on.
The seeds of discontent were there to see under Monk the first time he ran into the crowd to celebrate. He's a hot-blooded, warm-hearted man who cares, but the indiscipline is often laid bare. Thanks Pontus, we have loved having you with us.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:28 pm Tbh mate, not dissing your mate but I didn't expect there to be, but think we're not far off an announcement..
Oh I dissed him :lol: