The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 4th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 4th July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

The third day of the transfer window saw Leeds complete their fifth signing of the week as highly rated Wolves winger Helder Costa signed on the dotted line committing himself not only to a season long loan but an additional four year contract!

Costa joins Ben White, Liam McCarron, Jack Clarke and Jack Harrison.

Thoughts?

According to the Daily Mail Leeds have lined up Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Ivan Sunjic as a possible replacement for Kalvin Phillips, should our talisman move on this Summer.

The Under-21 Croatian holding midfielder has attracted many admirers last season.

The Russian outfit would be willing to let the starlet go for 3.5m.

Media sources are claiming that Leeds are monitoring a third Liverpool player!

Ovie Ejaria is a current England U21 playmaker. Last season, he appeared 14 times for the Royals.

I'm sure we'd much rather have Ryan Kent or Harry Wilson but Ejaria is certainly one for the future!

Leeds are releasing Vernon Anita!

Panathinaikos are interested in his services!

Is it about time that the Dons statue was moved to a more prominent position at Elland Road?

If so, where?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 4th July)

Post by Irish Ian »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 am Good Morning Everyone

The third day of the transfer window saw Leeds complete their fifth signing of the week as highly rated Wolves winger Helder Costa signed on the dotted line committing himself not only to a season long loan but an additional four year contract!

Costa joins Ben White, Liam McCarron, Jack Clarke and Jack Harrison.

Thoughts?

According to the Daily Mail Leeds have lined up Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Ivan Sunjic as a possible replacement for Kalvin Phillips, should our talisman move on this Summer.

The Under-21 Croatian holding midfielder has attracted many admirers last season.

The Russian outfit would be willing to let the starlet go for 3.5m.

Media sources are claiming that Leeds are monitoring a third Liverpool player!

Ovie Ejaria is a current England U21 playmaker. Last season, he appeared 14 times for the Royals.

I'm sure we'd much rather have Ryan Kent or Harry Wilson but Ejaria is certainly one for the future!

Leeds are releasing Vernon Anita!

Panathinaikos are interested in his services!

Is it about time that the Dons statue was moved to a more prominent position at Elland Road?

If so, where?
On the third day of the Transfer Window my true love said to me...Have another player supcla: supcla:

Happy for the boss man to achieve one of his main targets, let's hope he manages to stay fit and does the business. Though I think the lure of a 4 year contract may in fact be window dressing. Overall our signings look decent.

For me if we replace KP we need an older Statesman ( late 20s )next season. It is such a key role. I hope that story is just that.

Another young playmaker? Seeing we have struggled to integrate two young playmakers in JH and TR into the team I would rather look elsewhere thanks.Does the u23s need one? Then ok then.

Dons statue. Move it when we rebuild the stadium.

Is it true Pearce is leaving on a free? That is a disappointment.

Who will we buy / sell / fire today?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yo EB

Interesting rumour re Sunjic.

Trouble is, Zagreb is not in Russia :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

[quote=HarryofOz post_id=732201 time=1562227806

[/quote]

Not yet 8-)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:19 am [quote=HarryofOz post_id=732201 time=1562227806

Not yet 8-)
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

All I got for Christmas was a Dinamo Zagreb away kit
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1982, and LUFC visit Cleethorpes - anyone remember this?

D-nPPOBXUAAdpdJ.jpg
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 am Yo EB

Interesting rumour re Sunjic.

Oooops, good point Harry.

Evening btw
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

LUFC add a pre-season jaunt to Sardinia to play Cagliari Calcio in a friendly a week after the Sydney game
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:53 pm LUFC add a pre-season jaunt to Sardinia to play Cagliari Calcio in a friendly a week after the Sydney game
I bet Cellino is itching to get a ticket for that one...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Regarding the newspaper coverage, I was acting manager of the Cross Keys pub in central Cleethorpes that day and the cops had visited every pub/club advising us not to admit football fans at all - we didn't, not even Grimsby Town fans. A couple of bouncers turned some away but there was no trouble, either in the CK or the surrounding streets - it was a shame for the club though.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 am 1982, and LUFC visit Cleethorpes - anyone remember this?

D-nPPOBXUAAdpdJ.jpg
Wow, yes I was there. Caught the train from London with the London Supporters Club as I recollect. I remember seeing some Leeds fans nick a pile of clothes from the beach, belonging to a guy who had been swimming in the sea and who was chasing the fans trying to get them back! Happy days (but not for him, obviously).