The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 27th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 27th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

According to Zona Amarilla in Spain (so it must be true), Leeds have stepped up their bid to sign Barcelona forward Rafa Mujica after interest from Segunda Division Las Palmas.

Mujica, 20, is a forward. He netted seven goals in 33 games for Barcelona B last term.

His contract runs out on Sunday, so really, its a no brainer!

Jack Clarke has started liking any article on social media linking him to a move to Spurs!!!

Cue the social media bully boys to start lambasting the 18yo.

It probably doesn't help that many Leeds fans have been more concerned about getting a big transfer fee, than trying to keep the York born winger, talking openly on social media.

Needless to say, Clarke would have read some of these comments!

He passed his medical yesterday in North London, and has agreed a lucrative deal!

Good luck to the lad, unfortunately, we need the money!

Derby County chairman Mel Morris says Radrizzani is still angry with him over 'Spygate'.

Morris told talkSPORT: "It was one of those events you don't normally expect to see.

"The guys were training, and there was someone in the bushes, it was the way it was. One of the neighbours called the Police to say someone is lurking in the bushes on the outside (of the training ground) and it all unveiled from there, really.

"I think Andrea (Radrizzani) is still smarting on it. He feels we were the ones that reported it to the EFL, and my point was once the manager (Bielsa) came out and said he did it to every club there was nothing we could do about it whatsoever. At the end of the day, it became a completely different issue."

"I think the world of Andrea, he is a great guy. I will always find time for him.

"He is angry with me, and at some time we will have a nice meal and we will chat over it some more, but I like the guy a lot."

Morris also went on to say that he believes that Leeds promotion bid collapsed when Bielsa stopped spying!

Mel, Radrizzani is still angry with you???

What gave it away?

I bet it was the horses head squeezed through the letter box!!!

What annoys me about spygate is the untruths that were told by the Derby camp.

Initial reports falsely stated:-

i) Leeds spy in their camp. FALSE

ii) Spy arrested. FALSE

iii) Hiding in the bushes. FALSE

iv) Cutting equipment with him to get through fence. FALSE

These are some of the inaccuracies that were reported by Derby County!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 27th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Sorry guys, I posted the BD up usual time but for whatever season isn't showing.

Here it is!!!!!!!!!!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Morning Matt and all,

The accounts for 18/19 run until 30/06, so I suspect we won't see any signings until Monday at the earliest. It's probably the reason Mujica hasn't been announced yet.

Clarke receiving a "lucrative" contract is a real problem. Why does an 18 year old who's yet to play for them need so much money? Greedy agents and parents I suspect in this case. I hope it doesn't go to his head as he's a real talent.

I suspect Morris is crying about Super Frankie Lampard dumping him and running away at the first chance, so is bringing spygate up again to try and deflect.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

I just watched a few clips of Rafa Mujica on YouTube and he looks a real goal poacher, a bit Linekeresque with quick feet.
These clips are always designed to show a player in a good light or course but if a deal can be done he might be worth a punt.

I personally wish Jack Clarke the best of luck despite being gutted to lose him.
He may have to bide his time at Spurs but with the right coaching I think he will be a star in the Premier.
Over to you now AR and VO, I expect good use to be made of the money.

Without dragging Spygate up too much, I'm more angry with Lampard than anyone.
He could easily have played the whole thing down but chose to fan the flames in the media, fawning how 'outraged' he was by it.
No denying he was a great player but he went right down as a person in my estimation.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jack Clarke 'likes' Spurs.

Mel Morris 'likes' Radrizzani and has 'time' for him.

Whatever is the world coming to.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think Radrizzani is actually angry with Morris for blatant cheating in regards to FFP by selling their stadium for 3 times its worth to a company owned by Morris. I think Radrizzani is probably angry that the blatant cheating is swept under the carpet whilst Leeds were hauled through the coals over something that wasn't even against any rules. I only caught the ar$e end of the talksport program (and ar$e end is the best way to describe it) and I would be interested to know if Talksport asked him about selling the stadium to himself after massively overspending and achieving f*ck all.

Mel 'the muppet' Morris also said he thought that Leeds form suffered after the blown up affair. Completely showing his ignorance as Leeds had actually lost 3 in a row prior to the blown up affair and then spanked Derby.

Then he claimed Lampard outsmarted Bielsa by switching to a diamond formation for the 2nd leg of the play-offs. Now normally if you switch formation you would expect to get the upper hand straightaway rather than be outplayed for 40 minutes and be a goal down. Derby's tactics had no effect (in any of the 4 matches) and but for Cooper panicking we would have won all 4 matches.

But much better for the chairman to disguise his own failings - although he must be laughing his balls off to be getting £4m for Lampard.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Well said!