The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

"Welcome back into my life Leeds United. Not seen you for 15 years."

These were the words uttered by Phil Neville, part owner of Salford City upon the newly promoted league club being drawn at home against Leeds in the first round of the Carabao Cup.

Salford City are jointly owned by Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville and David Beckham - all names we'd probably choose to forget!

Hmmmm, seems Phil has forgotten Beckford in 2010!

Televised game anyone?

Leeds have now received official communication with newly relegated Fulham about the availability of Adam Forshaw.

The 27yo had a mixed season last term during his 29 appearances.

I'd say, if we can get close what we paid for him (4.5m), then let Orta work his magic to see what he can find!

Agree?

Given the choice today would you rather have Radebe or Viduka in your starting line up (assuming both players were 27yo).
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st June)

Post by weasel »

Salford City being drawn at home against Leeds in the first round of the Carabao Cup.
Televised game anyone?

The sponsors of this mickey mouse cup must be delighted as it gives them huge publicity. The supermarket cup has got a top shelf match. Deffo think it will be televised, maybe a 4am kick off so they can show it in China etc.

Leeds have now received official communication with newly relegated Fulham about the availability of Adam Forshaw.
I'd say, if we can get close what we paid for him (4.5m), then let Orta work his magic to see what he can find!
Agree?

Probably more importantly it would increase the chances of KP staying. Any money we can get from our fringe players can be crucial if it means we can sign players without having to sell our best players. Not much movement or fees coming in for any of the other fringe players.

Given the choice today would you rather have Radebe or Viduka in your starting line up (assuming both players were 27yo).

Although we probably have greater need for a clinical striker I don't think Viduka would fit into the Bielsa system. As such would have to be Radebe.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning all

Glad to see PN has something to look forward to in his life, for me the Car & Bow Cup as Weasel said it’s a Mickey Mouse event but I bet a lot of Scum try to get tickets as they seem more bothered about us than we about them these days

Again agree with Weasel if we get near the £4.5m I’d let him go

Difficult one there as I love them both but god could we have done with Viduka’s goals last season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning all.

Nice to see us broadcast straight into the homes of the pay per view audiences again.
No messing first game of the league and no doubt a mini war of the Roses in the Carabao Cup.

Forshaw, this is tricky for me, he has always been a target for the boo boys but is a better performer than some would claim. Like Dallas was just an easy target when games weren't going well..Anyhow. Selling to one of our main promotion rivals can be problematic so the money better be right. No undisclosed fees please. At least what we paid for him please. If it means hanging on to KP then so be it.

Radebe. He would not be afraid to kick Kiko up the bum from time to time.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If it's one or the other then I'd rather sell Forshaw though he got a bad ride from Leeds fans and probably made fewer errors than Kalvin. Kalvin will get better though and I think Forshaw is close to peak.

Can't sell them both though, with Diaz gone from the U23's there's no natural step up there that I can see either. We'd have to sign two
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

The Salford cup game is 100% certain to be televised.
Although it's at the bottom of the list of priorities for next season, I would hate to lose this game given the 'connections' at Salford.

I agree with Ian regarding Forshaw, he is better than people on here gave him credit for.
Yes he had poor games, but which player didn't? On his day he was very good.
His biggest downfall is his lack of goals for an attacking midfielder.
But if comes down to keeping Forshaw or Phillips, then I would keep Phillips.

A hard choice choosing between Viduka and Radebe but for me it would have to be Viduka.
One of the best strikers we have ever had, simply unplayable some days.
He would tear it up in the championship, 30+ goals no problem.
And I think he would fit perfectly into Bielsa's style of play.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden