Player Profile : Jack Clarke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Profile : Jack Clarke

Post by 1964white »

Today's player

Jack Clarke

Retain as one of midfielders next season ?

Retain as a bench player ?

Move on ?

Rating out of 10 last season
hector

Re: Player Profile : Jack Clarke

Post by hector »

Well..... he has taken Leeds United player off his social media, so think it is a moot question...

If he doesn't want to be here get rid...

If he stays, a bench player until he gets confidence back

5 for last season.... a couple of good flashes, but crap after that..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This might be a little redundant

4 for last seasons body of work.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Up to the Boro game Jack was brilliant as an impact sub then he had his health scare or whatever it was and he just wasn't the same player again. Can't remember what game it was but he was behaving like a spoilt child as nothing was going right for him. I think the defenders sussed him out quite quickly as he doesn't atm have too many tricks up his sleeve but that may improve as he develops. Its possible that he couldn't deal mentally with the expectations placed upon him so his game went to pieces but that sort of happened across the team to a large degree and it will affect youngsters moreso. I wouldn't think he'll be so heavily involved with the spurs first team so much to begin with which will give him time to recover his confidence but leeds need every man firing on all cylinders from the off so imo its better for all parties that he goes and leeds make a very healthy profit but the downside is AR will put a lot of it towards last years financial loss and not back into the team. If losing Jack is the only negative this summer then i think it will have been a good one.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Keep for the bench.

He has tons of potential, he has shown he can make a difference in this league and frankly sick of owners selling our best prospects when they dont have to.

We should be building around players like Jack not flogging them.

5/10
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble with Clarke is that we don't really know how good he will be. Has he been found out and blunted by championship defenders or was that just a blip in his development.

His form had deteriorated well before the fainting/collapsing incident at Boro and I think it was against Brentford later on in the season where their fans were openly laughing at him as he played woefully, unable to control the ball, pass to a Leeds player or take on a Brentford player.

With his form for the last few months of the season he is nowhere near being a first team regular. If he stayed I would imagine him being nursed back in slowly with 20 minutes as a sub until it looked like he had got his spark back.

So for me he isn't a first team regular and is only even a squad player based on the first handful of appearances.

If the offer from Spurs is decent then I would take the money because where we are as a club we need someone who can make a guaranteed first team impact and if the Costa rumours are true then you would have to think he could make more of an immediate impact. If we were in the premiership (or didn't need to sell to buy) then I would keep him but in our present situation we have to sell if the offer is too good to turn down.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 pm The trouble with Clarke is that we don't really know how good he will be. Has he been found out and blunted by championship defenders or was that just a blip in his development.

His form had deteriorated well before the fainting/collapsing incident at Boro and I think it was against Brentford later on in the season where their fans were openly laughing at him as he played woefully, unable to control the ball, pass to a Leeds player or take on a Brentford player.

With his form for the last few months of the season he is nowhere near being a first team regular. If he stayed I would imagine him being nursed back in slowly with 20 minutes as a sub until it looked like he had got his spark back.

So for me he isn't a first team regular and is only even a squad player based on the first handful of appearances.

If the offer from Spurs is decent then I would take the money because where we are as a club we need someone who can make a guaranteed first team impact and if the Costa rumours are true then you would have to think he could make more of an immediate impact. If we were in the premiership (or didn't need to sell to buy) then I would keep him but in our present situation we have to sell if the offer is too good to turn down.
Yep that just about sums it up for me. At Brentford he was falling over when he had the ball at his feet and no-one was near him.

It was awful to witness.

If a bid comes in take the money and bolster the squad.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 pm The trouble with Clarke is that we don't really know how good he will be. Has he been found out and blunted by championship defenders or was that just a blip in his development.

Agree with all of that

If silly money is on the table accept it then bolster up the first team weaknesses that are necessary to achieve promotion next season

Rating 5.5